+Raphaël G.

Because things are progressing slowly (because life), I'm giving you a little update on what's done and is planned for preview 7:

Already done

- [Added] It is now possible to drop files on now playing, when no songs are playing.

- [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation

- [Changed] Updated the Russian translation

- [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation

- [Fixed] Crash when playing a song which has a malformed track number when using system notifications

- [Fixed] Fixed glitches occurring when pressing media keys when the spectrum analyzer is enabled

- [Fixed] Albums which don't have a "Album artist" now show the song artist instead of "Unknown Artist"

- [Fixed] Is it now possible to create smart playlists of songs which haven't been played yet

Planned (once I'm through this, preview 7 is coming)

- Play next not working as expected in shuffle mode

- Ratings are forgotten unless "Save the rating in audio files (MP3 only)" is active

- Tag Editor Doesn't Update Cover Library

- sorted by date missing in songs section?

- Make sure rating and love are remembered after upgrade from 1.x to 2.0

- Add support for opening folders in playlist

- Add a way to export/import track rating and love 

- Albums with multiple album artists are split up

More into on GitHub for what is still in the TODO list: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A"Dopamine+2.0+Preview+7"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Ravensky

Thank you for the update :)

• 3 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.

Hey all, Dopamine 2.0 Preview 7 has been released. This is the change log:

– [Added] It is now possible to drop files on now playing, when no songs are playing.
– [Added] It is now possible to drop folders on the playlists screen.
– [Added] Added sort by date added and date created in the song screen
– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Russian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Fixed] Crash when playing a song which has a malformed track number when using system notifications
– [Fixed] Fixed glitches occurring when pressing media keys when the spectrum analyzer is enabled
– [Fixed] Albums which don’t have a “Album artist” now show the song artist instead of “Unknown Artist”
– [Fixed] Is it now possible to create smart playlists of songs which haven’t been played yet
– [Fixed] Play next is not working as expected in shuffle mode
– [Fixed] Album editor is unable to download album covers for albums where song artist is used as album artist
– [Fixed] Song statistics (Rating, Love, Play count, Skip count, Last played) are lost after upgrade from version 1.x to 2.0

Download here

Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
dakn

Hi Raphaël,

I realise you've said this project has slowed down lately but what do you think about adding casting support?

Cheers! :)

Jackaluichi
13 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hey all, Dopamine 2.0 Preview 7 has been released. This is the change log:

– [Added] It is now possible to drop files on now playing, when no songs are playing.
– [Added] It is now possible to drop folders on the playlists screen.
– [Added] Added sort by date added and date created in the song screen
– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Russian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Fixed] Crash when playing a song which has a malformed track number when using system notifications
– [Fixed] Fixed glitches occurring when pressing media keys when the spectrum analyzer is enabled
– [Fixed] Albums which don’t have a “Album artist” now show the song artist instead of “Unknown Artist”
– [Fixed] Is it now possible to create smart playlists of songs which haven’t been played yet
– [Fixed] Play next is not working as expected in shuffle mode
– [Fixed] Album editor is unable to download album covers for albums where song artist is used as album artist
– [Fixed] Song statistics (Rating, Love, Play count, Skip count, Last played) are lost after upgrade from version 1.x to 2.0

Download here

Enjoy!

Thanks, mate!

I've noticed a small glith in these 2.0 preview versions of Dopamine, and I don't know if it's a known issue or if I'm the only one experiencing it. No matter which Spectrum Analyzer style I use, if I go to the "Now Playing" section, the aforementioned Spectrum Analyzer begins to stutter massively. However, it doesn't happen if I'm browing around on any of the top sections such as Albums, Songs, Playlists, etc.

It's happening in both Windows 10 1809 and 1903, both cleaned installed and with both WDDM 2.5 and 2.6 drivers.

Any clues?

Thanks!!! 😉

• 4 weeks later...
+Zagadka

One of the few things I would like to see added is hiding the program on the taskbar. The options only apply to the notification area, and having the program almost always open in the taskbar takes up screen real estate. It is an option common on media players.

• 2 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.
7 hours ago, kukata said:

@Raphaël G.  Hello! My personal messages do not reach you anymore?

They do reach me. But I make the mistake to read them at work, and when I'm home, the notification symbol is gone from the site and I lose track of it. Sorry :(

Edit: I originally replied, thinking you sent me a new translation file. Sorry for the mistake. I'm going to create issues on my GitHub to group your issues an ideas. Thanks.

• Like 1
Ravensky

Spectrum Analyzer in Now Playing is indeed broken!

+Raphaël G.
On 6/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, Zagadka said:

One of the few things I would like to see added is hiding the program on the taskbar. The options only apply to the notification area, and having the program almost always open in the taskbar takes up screen real estate. It is an option common on media players.

There is a close to notification area option. Or, are you referring to another feature?

13 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

I've created this issue on GitHub: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/987

+Zagadka
1 minute ago, Raphaël G. said:

There is a close to notification area option. Or, are you referring to another feature?

I meant hide from the taskbar (not notification area/system tray) while open.

+Raphaël G.
10 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

I meant hide from the taskbar (not notification area/system tray) while open.

Which other media player does this? (I'd like to test it out, to implement it correctly)

+Zagadka
1 minute ago, Raphaël G. said:

Which other media player does this? (I'd like to test it out, to implement it correctly)

These days, I know VLC does. Haven't used current versions of most others. Got used to it from WinAmp, which has always done this.

+Raphaël G.
3 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

These days, I know VLC does. Haven't used current versions of most others. Got used to it from WinAmp, which has always done this.

Ok thanks. I've created a feature request: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/988

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.
On 6/18/2019 at 9:15 PM, Ravensky said:

It seems caused by the blur that was added to now playing in the 2.0 previews. The blur is probably being recalculated due to the spectrum analyzer's movement over it. This uses much more CPU and causes the performance hit.

I'll remove the blur in the next preview. That should revert the now playing performance to 1.x levels.

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.

Hi everyone

It seems that last.fm made a very unpopular decision concernign their API. They don't allow to download artist images anymore. So if you see only white stars in the artist info pane: that's on them. The community is angry, as Last.fm has now broken a lot of media players all over the world. This is the announcement, for those interested: https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/api-announcement-dac8oefw5vrxq

I'm trying to find a solution, or at least, a workaround. But it is clear that artist pictures will need to come from another source. That might be challenging.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
+Raphaël G.

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 8 was just released. This is the change log:

– [Changed] Updated the Croatian translation
– [Fixed] Albums are not fetched based on Album Artist when choosing a artist in the Artists screen
– [Fixed] Option to toggle artists is missing since last preview
– [Fixed] Spectrum analyzer stutters on Now Playing screen
– [Fixed] Artists and Genre screens don’t show songs for Cyrillic alphabet
– [Fixed] Artists info pane displays white stars instead of actual artist pictures

As usual, you can download it here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Jackaluichi
On 6/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 8 was just released. This is the change log:

– [Changed] Updated the Croatian translation
– [Fixed] Albums are not fetched based on Album Artist when choosing a artist in the Artists screen
– [Fixed] Option to toggle artists is missing since last preview
– [Fixed] Spectrum analyzer stutters on Now Playing screen
– [Fixed] Artists and Genre screens don’t show songs for Cyrillic alphabet
– [Fixed] Artists info pane displays white stars instead of actual artist pictures

As usual, you can download it here

Raphael, the Spectrum Analyzer stutters on the 'Now Playing' screen aren't fixed for me. Any ideas?

Ravensky
5 hours ago, Jackaluichi said:

Raphael, the Spectrum Analyzer stutters on the 'Now Playing' screen aren't fixed for me. Any ideas?

Yeah still stuttering for me as well...

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.
19 hours ago, Ravensky said:

Yeah still stuttering for me as well...

Could any of you post a short video capture of what is happens with the spectrum analyzer on your Now Playing screen? I can't seem to reproduce it here, and I'm wondering what is going on. Thanks! 

Ravensky

Dopamine

Here ya go Raphael, I recorded this with the built in game bar in windows 10.

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.
On 7/4/2019 at 9:14 PM, Ravensky said:

Dopamine

Here ya go Raphael, I recorded this with the built in game bar in windows 10.

Thanks! What file format is the song that is playing in the video?

Ravensky
14 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Thanks! What file format is the song that is playing in the video?

.mp3

+Raphaël G.
22 hours ago, Ravensky said:

.mp3

Could you test if Preview 9 improves this? I silently released preview 9 here.

Jackaluichi
2 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Could you test if Preview 9 improves this? I silently released preview 9 here.

Not fixed on my end 😪