Dopamine

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I just copied a music folder to my OneDrive folder, added it as a synced folder and I can see the song in my library and play it.

Yep. Thats what I am talking about. Awhile ago I tried MusicBee and it couldn't read any of my music in onedrive. 

Yep. Thats what I am talking about. Awhile ago I tried MusicBee and it couldn't read any of my music in onedrive. 

Do you perhaps have the tracks only available online? Other than that I can't think why it wouldn't but Dopamine certainly worked OK for me, but it was available offline.

I'm talking about volume ... and yup, it is supposed to :rofl:

ohw volume! Don't know why I had play next/prev in my head. It's because of such question which was posted a while ago.

Yes, at the moment volume can be controlled by mouse scroll when the volume popup is opened. Should I allow scrolling to change the volume when the mouse is anywhere inside the mini player?

I tried this out on my Windows machine and its a fantastic piece of software, well done on this!

Thanks!

Do you perhaps have the tracks only available online? Other than that I can't think why it wouldn't but Dopamine certainly worked OK for me, but it was available offline.

No they were on the local drive. 

Hi all,

What do you think of this? The "playlist" view might still change, I'm not completely convinced. Any suggestions are welcome.

Edit: video was broken. It should now work.

Is there an option to specify the sort for albums under artists view? It looks to be alphabetical but was wondering if you can specify, say year instead?

Also, is it possible to deselect all selected albums in that same view?  It seems once one is selected, you can't deselect it to see all the song listings on the side unless you go to another artist first, then come back.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

does your player support replaygain, if not any plans to support it?

I'd like to. But I still have a lot to learn before even considering this.

Is there an option to specify the sort for albums under artists view? It looks to be alphabetical but was wondering if you can specify, say year instead?

Also, is it possible to deselect all selected albums in that same view?  It seems once one is selected, you can't deselect it to see all the song listings on the side unless you go to another artist first, then come back.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Sort for albums is not possible yet. I want to add it though, but I'm currently stuck at limitation of the control which I use to display the albums. I'll have to create a new control and use some trickery. So this feature is delayed until other basic features are implemented.

Deselecting can be done in 2 ways:

Option 1: ctrl+click

Option 2: click the "Artists" or "Albums" titles above the artists and albums lists

• Like 1

I have a suggestion if this has not already been suggested.

I just hooked back up to my NAS so had to do a rescan - not a problem, but when I chose to play an album with the autoscan running, every time it refreshed, it took me out of the album view.  So, I had to hunt it down again to get to the next song. 

When you click on playlist ... the text animates up from the bottom over the album art 

The animation may (and I mean 'may') look better if the album art moved down and faded out, to reveal the static text list behind it. You did ask for suggestions  :shifty:

Indeed I did ask :) Suggestion very welcome. I'll probably try it after release of the next build. I want to get this out the door asap, but still have to fine-tune the indexer.

I have a suggestion if this has not already been suggested.

I just hooked back up to my NAS so had to do a rescan - not a problem, but when I chose to play an album with the autoscan running, every time it refreshed, it took me out of the album view.  So, I had to hunt it down again to get to the next song. 

It has been suggested indded and will probably be disabled in the next build. I'd like to do some kind of update of the lists, without reloading them completely. However that probably be for later.

Not sure if you want bugs posted on here, but I happened upon a crash.  I was just going through the artists tab and when I selected an album with one song, it didn't display anything.  I clicked the album and it crashed.  Here is the log entry for that time:

2015-03-30 12:18:04.1884|Error|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteEmergencyStop|Unhandled Exception. Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Dopamine.CollectionModule.Views.CollectionArtists.VB$StateMachine_12_GetTracksAndEnqueue.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Stack trace:
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Dopamine.CollectionModule.Views.CollectionArtists.VB$StateMachine_12_GetTracksAndEnqueue.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I reloaded the app and went back to that artist and everything worked from then on out.

Hi all,

A new version is available:

31-03-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.166 (Preview)

• Added WASAPI Event and Exclusive mode
  • Fixed an issue playing some OGG files
  • Added Swedish translation (thanks eson from Neowin)
  • Improved indexing performance
  • Improved the Mini Player (thanks to the Neowin members who posted design ideas)