Dopamine

I think I've allocated a bug in the white theme with colors for Dopamine following the Windows 8.1 colors. 

It happened while clicking to go to the album from Miss Kittin - A Bugged Out Mix and I then double-clicked to hear one of the mixes on that album.

All of the sudden every hover turned white as you can see a glimpse of.

Each and every other track that I select after that get s a white blanked out hover. Just as the 'Close, maximize and minimize' buttons do.

I do use Glass8 with much transparency. So if that's what's causing it this is of course not something that you should try to workaround since it's really a hack to the OS.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the scrollbar also turns white - I could not capture that with the built-in Snipping Tool.

Edit: I just found out that of course there's no bug - it was because I used a transparent white color for my windows - now that was silly for me to allocate that as a bug when clearly it was my own wrong doing. Switching to a blue or any other color helps the issue a great deal. 

Is it reproducible? If yes, does it still happen with glass 8 disabled?

Edit: oops, I just read your edit :) No problem, thanks for letting me know.

what do you mean by disccount?

There is an ID3v2 tag called "Disc", which is the disc number to which the track belong. There is also a tag "DiscCount", which stores the total amount of discs in the album.

some multi album sets might be missing disc number but most all single albums are also missing this and some single albums show multiple covers

Hypothetical case:

File 1:

AlbumTitle = "My Great Album"

AlbumArtist = "My Great Arist"

Disc =

DiscCount =

File 2:

AlbumTitle = "My Great Album"

AlbumArtist = "My Great Arist"

Disc = 1

DiscCount = 1

Dopamine considers these 2 files to be part of a different album.

On the mini player size, couldn't the album art be toggled for those that want it?

Or have album art: top, left, off. Where top is the current behaviour, left places the album art to the left of the controls(saving height) and off would completely disable album art. It could be a right click option or a setting in the main player.

This would save space for those with lower vertical resolutions or just want a more minimal player.

Does it also separate them based on file type?

I have a bunch of Flacs mixed with MP3s but Dopamine won't show them combined? :(

Does it also separate them based on file type?

I have a bunch of Flacs mixed with MP3s but Dopamine won't show them combined? :(

Not that I know off. Could you give me more info on how they are tagged and organized into folders?

Just downloaded this to give it a whirl, love the UI, nice work.  Only thing I noticed is on FLACs there seems to be some occasional glitching in the playback and the time counter seems to lag and speed up here and there, so it will hold at 1:45 and then count 1:46 1:47 faster than normal etc....

Can't disc and discCount be ignored for the album list?

Or indicate the disc number somewhere at least.

I would prefer if the album had both discs in it in order instead of as separate albums.

Agreed. This has actually flagged quite a few of my albums that had incorrect disc numbering that hasn't been highlighted in other players.

Loving Dopamine so far. Very much looking forward to playlists.

Perhaps this is a fringe feature, but I'd really like to see a "Repeat One" option. Right now, the repeat icon in the playback controls section just toggles off/on. It'd be nice if it switched from off/all/one like Hyper for YouTube does.

Thanks! Please, let me know when you need update.

Was it you who proposed me a Swedish translation through my blog? The person didn't provide a name.

This is looking really nice so far. I do have a request though: On the "artists" view, it seems that the artists displayed are pulling form the "contributing artist" metadata. Could you add the option of using the "album artist" metadata instead?

Yes, it was. At first I couldn't find a another way to contact you, and I didn't want to put my email in public.

OK, great. Thanks again. I'll contact you beginning of next week concerning the translation.

This is looking really nice so far. I do have a request though: On the "artists" view, it seems that the artists displayed are pulling form the "contributing artist" metadata. Could you add the option of using the "album artist" metadata instead?

I had a similar request and plan to add something like that. I'm wondering what would be the best. Your opinion might help:

Option 1

Add the album artists to the list of artists. The list would contain both the contributing artists and the album artists (It looks luke Zune does it this way)

Option 2

Keep artists and album artists in separate lists. Which means I'd add an extra "Album artists" screen with the same layout as the Artists screen.

What would be best?

I've been thinking about mini player comments (every comment makes me think). While I've answered those comments by a negative, I still want my users to be happy. So I've quickly put a mockup together. This is in no way the final design but gives an idea of the form factors I'd provide. What would you think about such transition when clicking the ""Mini player button":

Full player -> Cover Player (which is the current mini player) -> Mini Player -> Micro player -> Full player

The idea is to provide something for everyone: some like the current mini player, others would prefer something smaller. It is similar to an idea that was posted a bit higher (I didn't browse through the pages to verify who posted it. But it concerned providing an option for the position of the cover picture).

Csm353N.png

Just downloaded this to give it a whirl, love the UI, nice work.  Only thing I noticed is on FLACs there seems to be some occasional glitching in the playback and the time counter seems to lag and speed up here and there, so it will hold at 1:45 and then count 1:46 1:47 faster than normal etc....

Would you mind sending me one of those glitchy FLAC files? I'd like to test this out.

I like it. I would question putting the full volume bar on the micro player, instead of having it pop out (like the mini player).

My personal preference would be the controls to the right, but that is probably just my years of using Winamp like that.

I like it. I would question putting the full volume bar on the micro player, instead of having it pop out (like the mini player).

My personal preference would be the controls to the right, but that is probably just my years of using Winamp like that.

No problem. Keep the suggestions coming. I just slapped a bunch of controls on the mockups without thinking :)

I would personally prefer either a separate pane for album artist or to use album artist instead of artist. Sorting by artist splits up multi-artist albums like soundtracks, which I personally find irritating.  However, in Zune I used the albums view, grouped by year with the current year on top (descending?) and sorted within each year by album arist. I really miss having that setup.  An album arist pane would be the next best thing.

Thanks for the input.

I wanted to split up the album list (by year, and other stuff) and it should be possible in the future. But at the moment I'm stuck at a limitation of the WPF WrapPanel. When grouping by a property of the album (e.g. year), performance goes down a lot and loading the list takes several seconds, depending on the amount of albums. So I'll have to use tricks to get such functionality.