Dopamine

This is going to sound strange but would it be possible to get Google Music support for this so i can use your app rather than their website.

This is going to sound strange but would it be possible to get Google Music support for this so i can use your app rather than their website.

Do you not sync your music locally? 

Ok people,

Tonight I've been working on the Album-splitting-issue. The next build will clean up your collection and define albums by AlbumTitle and AlbumArtist only. That should fix duplicate albums for those who have these 2 tags set correctly.

Albums with multiple discs are then shown as 1 album in the albums list. When selecting that album, the tracks list on the right will show 2 albums with suffix "(Discnumber)"

Yes, if it isn't too much trouble, please support half stars. Sites and software that don't support half ratings drive me crazy. (Looking at you, Goodreads.)

I'll try :) Could you just explain to me how you rate songs? I'm genuinely interested, because I have only 3 opinions about songs: like, don't like, neutral.

Do you not sync your music locally? 

I have the library on one computer but if i could sign in from a client and then listen to the music i could do it at work or from my laptop or something without having to use the website (which honestly isnt that good)

i'm guessing this would mean a re-indexing of your library?

how is playlist support coming?

No re-indexing needed. Dopamine handles this db upgrade on first startup.

Playlist support: Patience, I'm enjoying some real free time this weekend :)

• Like 2

0 - Hate it

0.5 - Don't like it, but I can see why some people would

1 - Don't like it, but I can recognize that it has some merit

1.5 - Don't really like it, but maybe if I were in the mood for it

2 - Probably would like it, depending on my mood

2.5 - It's neither great nor terrible. It just is.

3 - It's fine. Nothing to write home about.

3.5 - It's pretty alright. Wouldn't mind mixing this into a playlist or two.

4 - This is a pretty great song. Might even listen to it by itself every once in a while.

4.5 - This is a stellar song. It'd definitely listen to it on repeat for a while.

5 - Repeat? Definitely. For days. Do other songs exist? I don't think so.

Edit: Rating is important for me because it's what I do when I get a new album. As I buy musical scores on Audio CD, I tend to get a lot of songs I like to various degrees. The flexibility of being able to differentiate between various levels of like is important when racing through thousands of tracks that I may or may not remember when assembling new playlists. Some days, I just need a solid 5-star playlist. Other days, it's okay to have some 4.5s or even 4s in on the mix.

Such ratings flexibility could be useful for features like autoplaylists.

I would say you need to go through your collection and delete 0 - 2.5! :D

• Like 1

I would say you need to go through your collection and delete 0 - 2.5! :D

And have hundreds of incomplete albums? No, thank you. I don't just listen to playlists. Sometimes, I need mood music when writing and just listen to a whole album. Sometimes, that means listening to stuff I don't particularly like, but it works. Heck, I'd be missing 3/4 of the Lord of the Rings songs on my computer if I took that route.

Just tried your player, it's fantastic - So keep up the good work.

Just some suggestions from me:

- Artists starting with 'The' come under 'T' in the list, ideally they would come under the letter of the next word. Such as 'O' for 'The Offspring'

- An option to get the album art. Although I can understand this being a pain to implement well.

- I would also like to be able to view the meta data of a track, perhaps on hover over or an option on right click.

- When the song is playing in the default window, I'd like to be able to see the file format (MP3, FLAC....etc) and it's encoding information, 16, 24bit, 44khz, 96khz and so on.

Just tried your player, it's fantastic - So keep up the good work.

Just some suggestions from me:

- Artists starting with 'The' come under 'T' in the list, ideally they would come under the letter of the next word. Such as 'O' for 'The Offspring'

- An option to get the album art. Although I can understand this being a pain to implement well.

- I would also like to be able to view the meta data of a track, perhaps on hover over or an option on right click.

- When the song is playing in the default window, I'd like to be able to see the file format (MP3, FLAC....etc) and it's encoding information, 16, 24bit, 44khz, 96khz and so on.

I have good news for you. All of this was planned. I will soon set up a page on my blog with planned features and the development progress.
  • Like 2

Hi all

I've added this page to my blog to indicate which main features are already planned, and what their development status is.

Are they in order of importance? Also, I was wondering if with Open With/playlist support you will also support playlist files like .m3u/.pls?

Not yet in order of importance. But eventually it should be. Playlists support includes opening playlist files, even Zune Playlists (.zpl)