Dopamine

This may be challenging (or already done elsewhere?), but one of the most annoying things of dealing with a large music collection is that different sources can use different band names or album titles (just a hyphen or a space)... being able to detect that and adjust them to match...

I volunteer to carry out the Spanish translation, but I'd like to know if the files are up to date. I'm short of time at the moment.

Thanks.

This may be challenging (or already done elsewhere?), but one of the most annoying things of dealing with a large music collection is that different sources can use different band names or album titles (just a hyphen or a space)... being able to detect that and adjust them to match...

You might want to look into http://beets.radbox.org/ or http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ for that.

So, I am going to be "that guy" and ask for a feature!

Is there any chance of enabling wasapi event? It is the only thing keeping dopamine from being the only music player needed!

I missed the zune style column ui and you have it perfectly! So lots of thanks from me!

So, I am going to be "that guy" and ask for a feature!

Is there any chance of enabling wasapi event? It is the only thing keeping dopamine from being the only music player needed!

I missed the zune style column ui and you have it perfectly! So lots of thanks from me!

I might later. There are still issues with the audio library I'm using when enabling Event and exclusive mode. I have to contact the developer.

Meh, you considered it :) that's enough to make me happy! Will be amazing once the dev sorts that out. Really am enjoying this player!

Also, great to see another engineer with a software interest! The guys by me weren't that interested in software as I was.

What field did you go in?

I did better than just considering it. I posted 2 bug reports on the dev's project page just now.

I have a Master in Electronics, option ICT (chosen mostly because of the software development part  :blush::) ).

Hi all,

I need your advice on this. I'm not too happy with my previous Mini player mockup: it looks too loaded. I'd like to keep it simple/clean and focus on the cover art. So i was thinking on showing the volume controls only when the mouse hovers the cover art. The volume controls appear with the same fade-in effect as the top bar. The screenshot below is not a mock up but the actual state of the mini player with the mouse over the cover art. When volume controls are displayed, it is possible to use mouse scroll to change the volume. How does that look? (please be honest, as I'm not quite sure about  this myself):

Mouse not over cover art

RhZRr3k.png

Mouse over cover art

4AYIyms.png

• Like 2

What do you think of this. I personally like seeing the volume icon at all times. less guess work hitting it.

When you rollover it they the slider fades in. I like the album art clutter free as well.

What do you think?

post-275384-0-52908600-1425772473.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I sincerely like it. As far as I can see the upper side buttons also appear when you hover the mouse over the cover art. Simple and functional.

I like it too.

Personally, I think the volume icon and level bar should only be on the album art. However a couple of things...

# Needs to be centred (including the level bar + icon, not just based off the icon alone)

# Is only visible when the scroll wheel is moved up or down when the mouse is over the album art. Then it fades out. Just having the mouse over the album art alone would not show the volume level or icon

I would also reduce the hit box for showing the max/min/close buttons to be the top part the album art, instead of the whole album art as it is currently.

But that's just me :rofl:

post-76077-0-63776700-1425775635.png

actually, it's not even on the latest preview so I don't know where it's located currently? You've posted a picture of it somewhere I bet.[edit:found it]

• Like 2

I've used mp3tag for years and it's absolutely fantastic! :)

You should try Musicbrainz Picard. This tagging software uses song recognition technology to identify and tag your music, much like Soundhound and Shazam apps.

• Like 1

Volume idea...

No mouse over...

2w3djba.jpg

Mouse Over

mb7o7o.jpg

Mouse over with scroll wheel moving...

a1hfro.jpg

Basically the volume level indicator only appears when you use the scroll wheel to adjust the levels, then fades out when done.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks for the input! You posted some nice ideas.

Just brainstorming a bit. There are several ideas where the volume info would only appear when scrolling. Wouldn't that pose a problem for those who don't want to scroll and just want to grab and move the slider?

The current volume control in Dopamine has three ways to change the level.

# Hover over and move the scrollwheel of the mouse.

# Click somewhere on the bar to move the level to that area

# Grab the slider and move it around.

Yeah I see the issue if it is only visible when using the scrollwheel even though I prefer it. Only 1 will be able to work. If it is present when you do a mouse over, 1+2+3 could work.

For laptops, most support two finger scroll gestures in the trackpad :)