Dopamine

Very good player, congratulations for the good work.

Windows 10 will allow desktop aplications in Windows Store. What you think about Dopamine there?

The Mini Player was renamed "Cover Player". The new Mini Player is a collection of 3 players: Cover, Micro and Nano. When going back to the full player, the selected Mini Player is remembered, so next time you switch to the Mini player (using the window icon next to the minimize button), you'll directly go to your preferred Mini Player. This is how you switch between the Mini Players:

Lcx7kl6.png

Very good player, congratulations for the good work.

Windows 10 will allow desktop aplications in Windows Store. What you think about Dopamine there?

Yes, if this is possible, I definitely will.

wow Microsoft should hire you to build their music app. :)

btw any plans to release this to App store as an universal app? 

Yes, and yes :rofl:

A store app is in development, very early development however.

Something I noticed with the notification that comes up when a new song starts, it seems to steal the focus of whatever window is currently in focus for a moment. Kind of annoying when you're writing.

Loving the updates by the way. Only thing missing for me would be web radio support but that can wait.

Also, perhaps Windows 10 style notification would be a neat addition. :)

How about having the scrollbars hover over the tracks instead? Might look a little cleaner.

Otherwise looking good :)

Awesome!

You Sir, know how to design. (so... do i, that how I know its a rare thing, when someone actually gets it right)

Feature request..... (I will donate or buy it when its finished.)

1. Double clicking a play-list should start playing it.

2. Being able to change the order of a play-list song. (I believe this has already been asked for).

maybe not needed see later on "now playing"

3. Maybe an Icon on the other views...e.g "songs" to indicate that its in a play-list. (not that important)

Some how shows you the playlists its in...

4. NB Could be wrong....

If you add a Folder... refresh... and then remove folder... refresh.... does it correctly remove all items which are no longer in said folder.

5. Allow editing of tag info 

Album, year...

6. A count on the "songs" view (not that important)

7. Looks like you can not have shuffle and repeat on at the same time?

Should work like windows media player...

8, On songs the "Column" for the "now playing" (music Icon) is pointless (don't take that the wrong way)

as you can tell this already by the change of colour on the text.

This column could instead be used to indicate that its in a play-list... as above

9. When Album names are long they are truncated (cool) but when hovering over it...

it should do a pop-up like thing to show you the full name.

10. The "Enter" key on on the keyboard, should play the song?

not move down one....?

11. this is going to be hard to understand what I mean but i will try.

When you have added the "Double click" (1 above) for the playlist.

What should happen is all songs should be added to "now playing" list, 

You should then be able to modify the "now playing" list as you see fit.. (add, remove) and then if you like save as a playlist.

for me.... "now playing" should be a list of songs which you are intending to play.....a "queue" which can be modified...

never saved on exit... unless per last session or something...

Please continue your awesome work.!!! even in its current state its miles ahead of anything else.

Awesome!

You Sir, know how to design. (so... do i, that how I know its a rare thing, when someone actually gets it right)

Feature request..... (I will donate or buy it when its finished.)

1. Double clicking a play-list should start playing it.

2. Being able to change the order of a play-list song. (I believe this has already been asked for).

maybe not needed see later on "now playing"

3. Maybe an Icon on the other views...e.g "songs" to indicate that its in a play-list. (not that important)

Some how shows you the playlists its in...

4. NB Could be wrong....

If you add a Folder... refresh... and then remove folder... refresh.... does it correctly remove all items which are no longer in said folder.

5. Allow editing of tag info 

Album, year...

6. A count on the "songs" view (not that important)

7. Looks like you can not have shuffle and repeat on at the same time?

Should work like windows media player...

8, On songs the "Column" for the "now playing" (music Icon) is pointless (don't take that the wrong way)

as you can tell this already by the change of colour on the text.

This column could instead be used to indicate that its in a play-list... as above

9. When Album names are long they are truncated (cool) but when hovering over it...

it should do a pop-up like thing to show you the full name.

10. The "Enter" key on on the keyboard, should play the song?

not move down one....?

11. this is going to be hard to understand what I mean but i will try.

When you have added the "Double click" (1 above) for the playlist.

What should happen is all songs should be added to "now playing" list, 

You should then be able to modify the "now playing" list as you see fit.. (add, remove) and then if you like save as a playlist.

for me.... "now playing" should be a list of songs which you are intending to play.....a "queue" which can be modified...

never saved on exit... unless per last session or something...

Please continue your awesome work.!!! even in its current state its miles ahead of anything else.

Thanks! Wow lots of requests :) I'll read them one by one and answer you soon (my time is limited today :()

Today is the new day and I have some new requests.

1. Set Dopamine as default program for all supported audio formats

2. More functional tray icon (play / pause buttons)

3. One track repeat / loop option

4. Artist search (not songs search only)

:D  more

1. The heading collection, should change to "Library" or "Lib" or "Play" or "Music" or some sort of community suggestion...

Just don't think collection is the right name. Ps Im not sure which one it should be... just don't think it should be "collection"

maybe other have the same thought... don't know.... requires feedback.

2. When you Improve the "now-playing" to a list (queue) like i suggested.

In collection/Lib there should be an option to add to now playing queue.

3.In the new ;-) "now playing" there should be an option to bleed songs.... (option at a settings level)

I believe winamp does this... haven't used it in years... but i know some music players do this.

Maybe have two options.... one for when it finishs a track and is going to the next and one for when the user manually changes track.

Ie bleed on both.... but give it as an option.

4.not important... but would be cool. but depending on branding maybe not a great idea... (up to you).

Sync the icon colour in the "task-bar" with the theme colour. ie when green make the icon in the taskbar green.

Understand if you skip this one due to branding.

5. hard to explain...

in the "songs" view. the now playing track should be pinned to the top... and in color theme like already done.

Reason..... as someones collection grows.... I would image... that they might not know what is playing... and want to find it.

depending on how many songs the list maybe crazy long.... so pinning it at the top will make it easy.

As per my previous post... the column for now playing in the songs list should be scrapped... you cannot sort on it, anyway...

Hope that makes sense....

6. the next and previous buttons on-hover effect should be inverted. I think.... (your thoughts)

i.e. it should be lighter when hovering over it....i think.... :wacko:

7. Its so pretty...

it should have a full screen option.... like the whole screen... including taking the screen space from the task-bar... like f11 in chrome(browser)

The more i use it.... ill come up with some awesome ideas/improvements

Thanks

Something I noticed with the notification that comes up when a new song starts, it seems to steal the focus of whatever window is currently in focus for a moment. Kind of annoying when you're writing.

Loving the updates by the way. Only thing missing for me would be web radio support but that can wait.

Also, perhaps Windows 10 style notification would be a neat addition. :)

I quickly tried this out but couldn't reproduce it. I'll try this more when I get home (I've been sent on a business trip again :/, hence the quick and short answers here :))

There are no plans yet (not in the immediate future at least) for web radio support. But never say never. I'll first implement the rest of the basic features.

For the Windows 10 style notifications: I'll have to check Windows 10 out. I remember that adding Windows 8 style notifications would require me to limit Dopamine to Windows 8, which I didn't want to do as I wanted Windows 7 support (I use Dopamine on my work laptop which has windows 7 :)). That is why I created my own notification. But who knows, maybe Win10 doesn't have such restriction).

How about having the scrollbars hover over the tracks instead? Might look a little cleaner.

Otherwise looking good :)

I'll have to try this out. Thanks.

Awesome!

Thanks! I don't consider myself a good designer however. I spend a lot of time looking at software designs and got a lot of my inspiration from other metro-like software. But I do spend a lot of time trying to get it right.

1. Agreed, I'll add that.

2. That's planned

3. Not sure about this one. I do know though that it is currently hard to know the current playlist. So I'll work on something later.

4. Removing a folder doesn't remove the songs from your collection. It only removes files which no longer exist on disk.

5. That's planned. After I finish the Mini Players I work on rating support and then tagging support

6. Agreed, and will happen

7. I've not tried in media player, but shuffle also loops. With shuffle on, you'll never get to the end of you songs list.

8. Don't know, but I'll think  about it.

9. Doesn't the tooltip show the full name?

10. I should play the song indeed. I'll check it out.

11. I understand, and such feature has been in my head but never planned. I'll create a task.

Thank you!

Today is the new day and I have some new requests.

1. Set Dopamine as default program for all supported audio formats

2. More functional tray icon (play / pause buttons)

3. One track repeat / loop option

4. Artist search (not songs search only)

1. That's planned

2. Planned

3. Planned

4. Somehow planned. Not sure how to add yet though.

With me not working option.On, off song stands where his was.

It should jump to the playing song when a song starts playing. Nothing happens? Is this on all screens? (I'll need more details, as over here it is working).

Windows 10 notifications can be invoked with regular systray bubble style notifications that Windows has had for I don't know how long. Shouldn't be too hard to implement I would think.

If it's a systray notification it should be easy. With Windows 8 style notifs I was talking about the toasters that also have media controls and a cover picture on them. Those are possible for store apps , but also for desktop apps with a workaround that only limits your desktop app to run on windows 8. That was the logic behind my post.

:D  more

1. The heading collection, should change to "Library" or "Lib" or "Play" or "Music" or some sort of community suggestion...

Just don't think collection is the right name. Ps Im not sure which one it should be... just don't think it should be "collection"

maybe other have the same thought... don't know.... requires feedback.

2. When you Improve the "now-playing" to a list (queue) like i suggested.

In collection/Lib there should be an option to add to now playing queue.

3.In the new ;-) "now playing" there should be an option to bleed songs.... (option at a settings level)

I believe winamp does this... haven't used it in years... but i know some music players do this.

Maybe have two options.... one for when it finishs a track and is going to the next and one for when the user manually changes track.

Ie bleed on both.... but give it as an option.

4.not important... but would be cool. but depending on branding maybe not a great idea... (up to you).

Sync the icon colour in the "task-bar" with the theme colour. ie when green make the icon in the taskbar green.

Understand if you skip this one due to branding.

5. hard to explain...

in the "songs" view. the now playing track should be pinned to the top... and in color theme like already done.

Reason..... as someones collection grows.... I would image... that they might not know what is playing... and want to find it.

depending on how many songs the list maybe crazy long.... so pinning it at the top will make it easy.

As per my previous post... the column for now playing in the songs list should be scrapped... you cannot sort on it, anyway...

Hope that makes sense....

6. the next and previous buttons on-hover effect should be inverted. I think.... (your thoughts)

i.e. it should be lighter when hovering over it....i think.... :wacko:

7. Its so pretty...

it should have a full screen option.... like the whole screen... including taking the screen space from the task-bar... like f11 in chrome(browser)

The more i use it.... ill come up with some awesome ideas/improvements

Thanks

1. No idea what it should be called. Collection will have to do for now :)

2. That will probably improve with time. Patience :)

3. Do you mean crossfading?

4. If it was possible I would do it. The icon color cannot be changed

5. have you right-click and selected "jump to the playing song"? Or pressed Ctrl-J? I could add a "sort by now playing" :)

6. The idea behind this is to keep the brightness of white or black elements of the UI consistent when not hovered.

7. I haven't found a quick solution for this yet. As soon as I find it, I'll will happen.

Here's what you get. Nothing!

https://youtu.be/d0aiAW6xrfk

But.. I think don't understand what you're trying to achieve. You double-click a song, which starts playing the song. So the playing song is already visible. There is no jumping to be done. "Jump to the playing" song makes the listbox (which contains the list of songs) jump to the playing song when a song finishes playing and the next song starts or when you press "previous" and "next". If the next song, which starts playing, is not visible in the list, the list will scrolll until the song is visible. Am I interpreting your video so wrong?

The problem was with me.Sorry! There is however another bug that I have.If you want to open an audio file directly from the folder, may not.The player starts but does not start the song.

File associations are not yet supported. It's planned for later.