Dopamine

I suspect this is already mentioned somewhere - probably by myself!

It would be nice to be able to move the nano player off the main screen. My setup at work is three monitors, my main one being a 24" BenQ and my third being the laptop display. Most of my work is obviously done on the larger 24" monitors which includes a lot of Remote desktop sessions which then leads me to the below;

uRHnuPj.png

I suspect this is already mentioned somewhere - probably by myself!

It would be nice to be able to move the nano player off the main screen. My setup at work is three monitors, my main one being a 24" BenQ and my third being the laptop display. Most of my work is obviously done on the larger 24" monitors which includes a lot of Remote desktop sessions which then leads me to the below;

uRHnuPj.png

Dragging to another monitor is not working?

Ignore me I'm being a fool, I forgot about the lock position option in the right click menu.

so glad you corrected yourself.... I was about to say WTF

;-)

Ignore me I'm being a fool, I forgot about the lock position option in the right click menu.

No problem, these things happen :) I'm glad it is not some unexplainable issue. I've had my share with the maximizing nightmare :)

Dunno why or how, but the playlist opens showing no tracks. It plays, but it plays the entire collection. Individual, album, artist, etc works fine.

Also questioning the drop shadow, especially on nano?

Dunno why or how, but the playlist opens showing no tracks. It plays, but it plays the entire collection. Individual, album, artist, etc works fine.

Also questioning the drop shadow, especially on nano?

Could you give me more details about your playlist issues? What exactly are you doing when this happens? Is it on the playlists screen you have an issue, or on the list in the mini players?

As for the drop shadow, it is a custom one. Using a very thin (nano player) non-resizable window causes the default windows shadow to disappear. I wanted to add a shadow (which is more a glow actually) to increase visibility of the window when it is over other windows (especially when using the light theme). It is either that, or using a 1 pixel border.

It is on the Playlist window. I use the Open Playlist icon and open a playlist located in <user>\Music\Playlists, m3u format, if that matters. The playlist I have open here has over 900 tracks in it and opens fine in every other player

dopamine_01.jpg

It is on the Playlist window. I use the Open Playlist icon and open a playlist located in <user>\Music\Playlists, m3u format, if that matters. The playlist I have open here has over 900 tracks in it and opens fine in every other player

dopamine_01.jpg

Could you send me the m3u file? I fixed a nasty playlist import issue yesterday. It might be the same problem.

Hey, sozs to be a pain... but please fix the "enter" key should "play"

Its annoying ;-) (quick wins)

Done! (next build)

Edit:

The changlog for the upcoming build. It fixes some annoyances:

- Improved end of song detection

- Fixed a bug when importing m3u playlists which contain relative paths

- Added an option to choose the amount of time notifications are shown on the screen

- Added multi-file "Open with" support

- Double clicking a playlist now starts playing it

- Pressing enter plays the selected item

Edited by Raphaël G.
  • Like 3

Also a minor quibble... on Win10, Dopamine installs a folder with the exe link and the uninstall link, which doesn't quite fit the Win10 way of listing apps

Also a minor quibble... on Win10, Dopamine installs a folder with the exe link and the uninstall link, which doesn't quite fit the Win10 way of listing apps

Fixed for the next build!

• Like 3

Hi all,

A new build of Dopamine is ready for download!

9-08-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.273 (Preview)

- Improved end of song detection
- Fixed importing m3u playlists which contain relative paths
- Added an option to choose the amount of time notifications are shown on the screen
- Added multi-file "Open with" support
- Double clicking a playlist now starts playing it
- Pressing enter plays the selected item

Download here

Hm, odd. Did a complete reinstall from the previous version, but having the same problem with playlists. It detects my music, but adding the playlist results in empty (the same as before). Did a refresh of the music directories.

Hm, odd. Did a complete reinstall from the previous version, but having the same problem with playlists. It detects my music, but adding the playlist results in empty (the same as before). Did a refresh of the music directories.

I've added logging to playlists import (that was missing previously). Could you send your log to me?

Add more icons to the files. Current are very rude to me.If it can monochromic icons.

Please explain. I'm all for improving anything, but this is rather basic.

I've added logging to playlists import (that was missing previously). Could you send your log to me?

Not to be daft, but where is the log located? I don't see it in the program folder or subfolders.

Not to be daft, but where is the log located? I don't see it in the program folder or subfolders.

No problem. It is in %AppData%\Dopamine\Log

Please explain. I'm all for improving anything, but this is rather basic.

I want to have a choice and can change the file icons, as in aimp example.

a56ab2ea94529256.jpg

For files themselves can something of this type:

https://www.google.bg/search?q=monochrome+icons+mp3&biw=1680&bih=877&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI_bTf176bxwIVg7UUCh2oYAUi#imgrc=7TS6EXY6lHq0ZM%3A

Edited by kukata

Kukata has a point. The icon that displays on the task bar (the main droplet) would be better than just the headphone logo

I want to have a choice and can change the file icons, as in aimp example.

a56ab2ea94529256.jpg

For files themselves can something of this type:

https://www.google.bg/search?q=monochrome+icons+mp3&biw=1680&bih=877&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI_bTf176bxwIVg7UUCh2oYAUi#imgrc=7TS6EXY6lHq0ZM%3A

OK thanks for explaining. I logged feature request.

• Like 1