Dopamine

Great job with Dopamine. I'm using it in place of iTunes.

But how come Dopamine tends to skip over tracks?

I noticed something. If for instance I have an album of 3 CD's by Vangelis (the 25th anniversary Blade Runner soundtrack) then Dopamine will play all the 1st tracks on each CD before going to the 2nd track. I think I'll have to look through my library real soon in order to get this fixed. It can't be a fault of Dopamine. I don't think it is.

Edited by allan.nyholm

Great job with Dopamine. I'm using it in place of iTunes.

But how come Dopamine tends to skip over tracks?

I noticed something. If for instance I have an album of 3 CD's by Vangelis (the 25th anniversary Blade Runner soundtrack) then Dopamine will play all the 1st tracks on each CD before going to the 2nd track. I think I'll have to look through my library real soon in order to get this fixed. It can't be a fault of Dopamine. I don't think it is.

It's Dopamine. I tested it out this morning, and indeed, it doesn't play tracks of multi-disc albums in the right order anymore. It used to work, but I seem to have broken something.

Conclusion: I'm looking into it. Thanks for reporting!

Small bugfix release for multidisc albums issues:

1-08-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.256 (Preview)

- Fixed the playback order for multidisc albums
- Tweaked the shadow colors

You can download it right away.

Please Make it so that you can have:

Shuffle and repeat/loop on 

Its quite annoying.

I have asked before.... see Windows Media Player for example.

Thanks!!!!

Please Make it so that you can have:

Shuffle and repeat/loop on 

Its quite annoying.

I have asked before.... see Windows Media Player for example.

Thanks!!!!

Shuffle is both shuffle and loop. That's not ok?

Still using this wonderful program for a while now! Just wanted to say thanks for making a truly awesome product :)

Shuffle is both shuffle and loop. That's not ok?

yes but its confusing....but i think the bigger issue is trying to work out why it stops playing then

Do you know if 

1. it plays when screen saver somes on

2. come back from sleep

3. resumes/plays from locked desktop.

been using it a bit at work..... and its stopping playing a lot!!!!!!!!.

even tho it says its playing its not. it shows its at the end of the track.... but does not go to the next.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

yes but its confusing....but i think the bigger issue is trying to work out why it stops playing then

Do you know if 

1. it plays when screen saver somes on

2. come back from sleep

3. resumes/plays from locked desktop.

been using it a bit at work..... and its stopping playing a lot!!!!!!!!.

even tho it says its playing its not. it shows its at the end of the track.... but does not go to the next.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ok I guess I can separate shuffle from loop to avoid confusion. As for the stopping issue:

Does it always happen with the same tracks? (it happened in the past that the audio library didn't detect the end of tracks correctly, but only for a select number of files) 

If yes, could you send me one of the files?

As for you questions:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

ok then i think you are right its tracks.... that are not going to the next track.... its stops just at the end......

would you like me to sent you one.

ok then i think you are right its tracks.... that are not going to the next track.... its stops just at the end......

would you like me to sent you one.

I that would be great.

Hi Raphael,

I was going to ask you about what upcoming features were planned, and I remembered you had a list on tumblr. But the progress of all are 0% even though some were already implemented. Is there another location you make this info available, or just no time to update? :)

I see lyrics isn't on the list :/

Hi Raphael,

I was going to ask you about what upcoming features were planned, and I remembered you had a list on tumblr. But the progress of all are 0% even though some were already implemented. Is there another location you make this info available, or just no time to update? :)

I see lyrics isn't on the list :/

It's more that I'm too lazy to update it :) I'll give it a go tonight. Lyrics is not yet on the list, but I'd like to implement it. First I'll have to do some research.

This is the plan for the very near future (probably in this order):

- File associations (in progress)

- Rating (not started)

- Tagging (not started)

Hi all!

A new Dopamine build is available!

This is the changelog:

6-08-2015: Dopamine 1.0.0.264 (Preview)

• Fixed a small sizing issue in the notifications
  • Added file association and double click support
  • It is now possible to search in the list of Artists and Albums

Download here

Any chance we could get a file info dialogue? Maybe from clicking on the album art?

With this data...

2015-08-06_17-18-37.thumb.png.209c21a874

Bug: When you select a bunch of files in Explorer, then Right Click and choose Open, Dopamine tries to play them all at once or something, but each new track interrupts the last, so it only ends up playing the last file in the list.

Bug: When you select a bunch of files in Explorer, then Right Click and choose Open, Dopamine tries to play them all at once or something, but each new track interrupts the last, so it only ends up playing the last file in the list.

Hmm that's silly. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Any chance we could get a file info dialogue? Maybe from clicking on the album art?

With this data...

2015-08-06_17-18-37.thumb.png.209c21a874

Yes that is planned.

• Like 2

Is the expected outcome the same with other music players?

For instance if you did this with word documents or pictures, I'd personally expect all to try and be opened at the same time?

Is the expected outcome the same with other music players?

For instance if you did this with word documents or pictures, I'd personally expect all to try and be opened at the same time?

I don't know for documents or pictures, but for music players (I tried Foobar2000 and Zune) all files get queued and only the first (foobar) or the last (zune) file starts playing.

I'm going to try to do that too. The "fun" part is that Windows tries to start a new instance of an application for each selected file. It isn't sending all files at once to 1 instance of the application. A workaround is needed again :)

• Like 3