Dopamine

see bold above.

There is already an option to remove songs from the collection. Right click a song and choose remove.

Can you post a screenshot of the tooltip issue? I can't reproduce it here.

tool-tip work under "album" but not under "songs"

oh i see the option now  :huh:

"Ignore files which were previously remove from the collection"

basically, Remove songs which have broken links (no longer on disk) if so great

Ohw, ok, that's correct. There is no tooltip on the songs screen. I'll create a task to remind myself about that. :)

About removing songs. Originally (= in earlier builds), removing a folder also removed all songs from that folder. But, for playlists support (which adds songs which are not necessarily in a collection folder) the songs should not be deleted if they are not found in a collection folder when the indexer is started, I had to make sure those wouldn't get deleted. So I checked out what several other music players were doing. Most of them added and monitored songs which are in specified folders, but never deleted the files if the folders were removed from the collection. Most of them allow removing songs manually. One of them (banshee) keeps track of removed songs and doesn't try to re-add the on the next scan. With dopamine, I give you the option to re-add them or not with the "ignore removed files" option.

Hey Raphael,

I downloaded the latest copy of Dopamine. I updated my copy on my external HDD.

Now, I have this;

post-289822-0-14409200-1434655669.png

Clicking the button does nothing. When I load Dopamine up, it sits there for hours trying to update my collection, which is on the same drive. At home, I have this same problem.

Hey Raphael,

I downloaded the latest copy of Dopamine. I updated my copy on my external HDD.

Now, I have this;

attachicon.gifrefresh_not_working.PNG

Clicking the button does nothing. When I load Dopamine up, it sits there for hours trying to update my collection, which is on the same drive. At home, I have this same problem.

I have a few questions:

- Can you tell me exactly what you're doing? (the steps)

- Is the progress ring spinning endlessly on the dopamine logo when you clock the button?

- Can you execute these steps in order:

1. close dopamine

2. go to the directory %appdata%\Dopamine\Log

3. delete Dopamine.log

4. launch dopamine

5. Press the Refresh now button

6. Wait 5 minutes

7. Send me the logfile

Looks like I figured out what happened. The drive letter changed from D:\ to E:\. System was searching for music on a drive that didn't exist, haha.

That is good news. One less thing to worry about :) I'm getting back home today. I'll be able to finish the new mini players soon. Stay tuned.

Awesome! I've been looking forward to it. Also, I've got a few co-workers hooked on Dopamine.

Ever thought about releasing an auto-updater for it?

There is already an auto updater. You'll notice a subtle notification in the top left dopamine icon (the same place that indicates indexing) when an update is available.

Will this play .pls radio streams yet?

Nope

Can't wait for the mini players...been so patient... I can't wait anymore... /wrist... lol

It won't take too long anymore. A day or two.

a day or two? :shiftyninja:

You're right, I owe you guys an explanation :) I got ill on business trip last week and thought it was getting better. However it wasn't... I've been ill most of this week but it's starting to get better. So I'll most likely be able to pick up development where I left off, soon.

• Like 1

Take your time and get better, we can wait.

Yay! I'm not alone.  :)

It's amazing how much I miss having an easy access to the lyrics. It doesn't sound like such a big deal but as a singer and a guy with poor English I'm used to check out the lyrics all the time.

Just noticed your sig so thought I would mention;

"It's amazing how much I miss having an easy access to the lyrics"

Trust me, your English is much better than my Spanish :) I spent 8 days in Argentina a few years ago and everyone I met could speak perfect English.

• Like 2

Take your time and get better, we can wait.

Yay! I'm not alone.  :)

It's amazing how much I miss having an easy access to the lyrics. It doesn't sound like such a big deal but as a singer and a guy with poor English I'm used to check out the lyrics all the time.

Sounds important to me. I'll look into it after the Nano player is finished.