Dopamine

1 minute ago, Ravensky said:

Very cool! I have tried it but does it support a mapped network drive as well?

Yes. Playback performance will however depend on the network speed.

Just now, Raphaël G. said:

Yes. Playback performance will however depend on the network speed.

my network runs very smooth, I stream blue-ray .mkv files no problem :p

Thank you Raphael, I will test this out with the new build =)

Hi everyone, a new build is available:

31-01-2016: Dopamine 1.0.0.570 (Preview)

- The cover background on the Now playing screen only changes on album change
- Updated the Turkish translation
- Fixed a bug where changing the Year tag in a file didn't update the Album's year in the database
- Removing a Folder now also removes its Songs from the collection (Rating is remembered in case the Folder is added again later)
- Slightly improved visibility of input fields
- Added checkboxes to the Collection folders to filter which folders are displayed in the collection

Get it here

On 1/31/2016 at 3:46 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Hi everyone, a new build is available:

31-01-2016: Dopamine 1.0.0.570 (Preview)

- The cover background on the Now playing screen only changes on album change
- Updated the Turkish translation
- Fixed a bug where changing the Year tag in a file didn't update the Album's year in the database
- Removing a Folder now also removes its Songs from the collection (Rating is remembered in case the Folder is added again later)
- Slightly improved visibility of input fields
- Added checkboxes to the Collection folders to filter which folders are displayed in the collection

Get it here

That is the version I have installed currently.  It's clean and very MUI-ish (though it's not a genuine MUI app); as I said before, it reminds me of MetroTwit or MetroIRC.  Will a Win64 version be developed?

14 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Will a Win64 version be developed?

I think I may have asked the same thing at one point, but never got an answer.

6 hours ago, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

I think I may have asked the same thing at one point, but never got an answer.

It's on my todo. But didn't start yet.

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

Now playing gets a list of queued songs. This is the start of queuing improvements:

youtu.be/NK2xV44F6x0 

Untitled.png

Thanks a lot, nice feature! Can't wait for new preview! Some other changes or bug fixes in the way?

Feature request: More info when adding folders.

Number of files being added

% complete

Time elapsed

eta

Edit: The % bar has just showed up :)

• Like 1

On 1/17/2016 at 3:04 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Work in progress. New build soon.

Work in progress.png

- Sound is now played by a separate process called "Axon"
- Adjusted some timings for a smoother experience
- Fixed several small bugs
- Added total song duration and size information
- Updated the French translation
- The spectrum analyzer on the Now playing screen becomes taller when the controls are hidden
- The spectrum analyzer is more responsive
- Added cover background on the now playing screen

fantastic UI and interface! This just keeps getting better.

Feature request: (distant future)

this will be a fairly big undertaking. I get most of my music via amazon digital music. adding a feature so I can enter my amazon account info and DL my music directly from the server. (if feasible) 

tired of using the amazon app to DL my music but to DL it from within Dopamine would make it a good feature. hide it within the settings menu. I could ask amazon if I were to make an app like dopamine and see if they offer a way for legit users to access the server for their own music. let me see what I can come up with. they "might" have the API's for developers. all the user would have to have is an account and music to DL so everything would be well within the legal parameters for Downloading.

You can download your music from Amazon drm free without their app...

go to Amazon.com, log in, click "You orders" from "Your Account", select digital orders, your music purchases will show up there, click one, select download music, unzip copy folder and enjoy forever...

3 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

go to Amazon.com, log in, click "You orders" from "Your Account", select digital orders, your music purchases will show up there, click one, select download music, unzip copy folder and enjoy forever...

yeah but was thinking if the app can dl it, afterwards, go to "collection" and let Dopamine add the music to the collection in a one stop shop.

8 hours ago, FiB3R said:

Feature request: More info when adding folders.

Number of files being added

% complete

Time elapsed

eta

Edit: The % bar has just showed up :)

Yeah it thinks a bit before doing the actual indexing work. As long as it is evaluating whether indexing is required or not, the bar is not shown. I can add number of songs to the bar. 

3 hours ago, chrisj1968 said:

Feature request: (distant future)

this will be a fairly big undertaking. I get most of my music via amazon digital music. adding a feature so I can enter my amazon account info and DL my music directly from the server. (if feasible) 

tired of using the amazon app to DL my music but to DL it from within Dopamine would make it a good feature. hide it within the settings menu. I could ask amazon if I were to make an app like dopamine and see if they offer a way for legit users to access the server for their own music. let me see what I can come up with. they "might" have the API's for developers. all the user would have to have is an account and music to DL so everything would be well within the legal parameters for Downloading.

I'll check out if that's possible.

9 hours ago, accuratecopy said:

Thanks a lot, nice feature! Can't wait for new preview! Some other changes or bug fixes in the way?

No other changes yet. This is a pretty big one (architectural wise :)). It'll probably be the only change in the next build.

3 hours ago, Ravensky said:

It can also import from any torrent client (or your default Downloads folder); in my case, they are the SAME folder (and that will be the case until I can build a separate server/NAS or SAN for the task); all are options.

My router supports USB connectivity, and i have an unused LAN port that I can hang a separate server on - along with a currently-unused license of Server 2012R2  -which way I go depends on me.

Raphael, seriously your app just keeps getting better :) I especially love how seamless the NAS file additions is, fast, efficient and just works :) bravo! it scanned my entire 150Gb NAS collection in under 10 minutes, inc album covers :)

ive been poking around a bit and just discovered you can enter your sound cards latency, dood this rocks!! :D informing all my buddies about it.

21 minutes ago, Mando said:

Raphael, seriously your app just keeps getting better :) I especially love how seamless the NAS file additions is, fast, efficient and just works :) bravo! it scanned my entire 150Gb NAS collection in under 10 minutes, inc album covers :)

ive been poking around a bit and just discovered you can enter your sound cards latency, dood this rocks!! :D informing all my buddies about it.

Wow that's pretty fast! :rofl: 

Thanks for liking it :)

You know, I think it's time that you let Dopamine out into the wild, because at this moment only people on Neowin know about it.  It's time to let places do reviews, etc. so that even more people get to know this player!

4 hours ago, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

You know, I think it's time that you let Dopamine out into the wild, because at this moment only people on Neowin know about it.  It's time to let places do reviews, etc. so that even more people get to know this player!

You're right. I've been delaying that until the moment it has enough features to even mean something. I'm currently creating a website to promote Dopamine and my future apps. But I'll have to get it out there somehow. Any tips to reach a greater public? Someone recommended me to post on Reddit. Think that would be a good idea?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

You're right. I've been delaying that until the moment it has enough features to even mean something. I'm currently creating a website to promote Dopamine and my future apps. But I'll have to get it out there somehow. Any tips to reach a greater public? Someone recommended me to post on Reddit. Think that would be a good idea?

I'd say its at that point that its way ready to release to the masses. I think you might just win a great following. AIMP, and the others look good but sure come with a lot of cruft. too much mess.