Dopamine

Are you changing the name of Dopamine? 

I was closing some processes in Task manager and I came across this app. (Axon) I wasn't sure what it was so I closed it and Dopamine also closed?

Screenshot (132).png

On ‎2016‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 3:57 PM, Raphaël G. said:
19 minutes ago, wetworker said:

I was closing some processes in Task manager and I came across this app. (Axon) I wasn't sure what it was so I closed it and Dopamine also closed?

Screenshot (132).png

- Sound is now played by a separate process called "Axon"

9 hours ago, wetworker said:

Screenshot (132).png

As Thomas said above, Axon plays the music. Dopamine is the UI. I'm worried about the Dopamine also closing part. When you kill Axon, Dopamine should stop playing, but it should not close. Is that what happened?

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

As Thomas said above, Axon plays the music. Dopamine is the UI. I'm worried about the Dopamine also closing part. When you kill Axon, Dopamine should stop playing, but it should not close. Is that what happened?

Yes it closed. 

BTW I noticed that your current album art now displays on the now playing screen. Kool. 

I don't know  if your remembered this feature I ask about.

Basically for the now playing screen to have a few images of the artist change or blend into each other like how zune MKP did it. Maybe with some text, Name and song that's playing.

Each album would have a folder called (images) then in that folder would be images that the software would reference and display. max 5 images.  (Album name/images/artists_image1.jpg)

Software would go into now playing screen automatically after 2 min or by user preference.

Just an idea.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:57 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Thanks for your donation! I really appreciate it :)

I'm planning an internal revamp of the folder management. I've been unhappy about it for a long time. E.g.: removing a folder doesn't remove the files from you collection. Ideally I'd like this action to remove the songs, but keep rating (and later: playcount, skipcount,...) just in case you'd want to re-add the folder later. I have an idea how to do it. I could then add the extra option you'd want.

Would something like the extra checkbox below (for each folder then, and better looking :)) work for you?

folders.png

For the visibility: do you mean that the entry fields are too dark?

For printing of the index. I'm not sure what it is and how it looks like. If you can show me an example, I'd be glad to look into it. I'll also bing it and see what comes up :)

Edit: you mean this, for the itunes index printing? (second screenshot)

Untitled.png

Raphael:

1. - Idea for control folders by checkboxes is fine for me. Of course along with possibility to see entire collection by checkmark "ALL" box.

2. - Yes, entry fields are a little too dark, and in some cases almost invisible so you have guessed that they are there.

3. - Printing index similar to the option in iTunes is that what I thought. In ITunes occurs, however, the problem of losing part of the names of songs, these songs if there is a lot or names are longer. If it can be improved then  I do not have any other objection.

Now, If I'm not too demanding I have one more request:

I would like to have the ability to adjust the volume of the entire song or album in such a way that the program remembers these settings. Different albums have different levels of volume. The equalizer: I do not ask, because others before me have asked about it, but it would be good if EQ settings to be remembered, similar to volume. 

Regards

WesleyS

On 20/01/2016 at 0:59 AM, WesleyS said:

Raphael,

So far I have no problems using your magnificent program.

I am grateful to you for it. I donated it already.

I scanned my all CDs and I use program every day.

My main wish is now to be possible that after click, to see in program all collection or only part.  Let me explain. For now I have three folders with different kind of music: Classical, Jazz-Rock and Others. Because the list is too long (over 750 CDs - 72GB) would be more comfortable, to have choice to see only one folder, without unloading others by configuration. Using of Genres, at this case, is not quite good, because each folder has many "Sub-Genres".

Another issue, which I asked some time ago, is possibility to print index of my collection - similar as in ITune.

And finally, it's not so important, but convenient - space entries, e.g. Search, should be more visible, especially when background is set in dark mode.

I hope that above is possible to add to Dopamine.

And - of course in the far future - we dreaming similar program for video collections :-) !

Regards

WesleyS

I like the idea of being able to show different libraries. Personally, I'd use it for my tagged and untagged folders. And maybe things like OST's, HD Audio, Singles.

Are you talking about the search box in the top right corner of the collection window? I can see it perfectly fine on a black background. Have you tried adjusting the brightness / contrast on your monitor?

still loving this :) one thing which is pretty far out there and probs not possible, but oh if only it could allow Winamp gfx plugin types say Milkdrop, Geiss or Drempels it would rock :) usually have milkdrop going on a monitor while I listen to music/work.

Keep it up mate, by far my fav music player at home and at work :)

On 21-1-2016 at 10:42 AM, wetworker said:

Yes it closed. 

BTW I noticed that your current album art now displays on the now playing screen. Kool. 

I don't know  if your remembered this feature I ask about.

Basically for the now playing screen to have a few images of the artist change or blend into each other like how zune MKP did it. Maybe with some text, Name and song that's playing.

Each album would have a folder called (images) then in that folder would be images that the software would reference and display. max 5 images.  (Album name/images/artists_image1.jpg)

Software would go into now playing screen automatically after 2 min or by user preference.

Just an idea.

Seems I missed lots of posts :)

I remember that feature request. But I think I didn't log it. I'll log it now so I don't forget about it. It sound like a neat idea.

• Like 1

On 22-1-2016 at 3:09 PM, WesleyS said:

Raphael:

1. - Idea for control folders by checkboxes is fine for me. Of course along with possibility to see entire collection by checkmark "ALL" box.

2. - Yes, entry fields are a little too dark, and in some cases almost invisible so you have guessed that they are there.

3. - Printing index similar to the option in iTunes is that what I thought. In ITunes occurs, however, the problem of losing part of the names of songs, these songs if there is a lot or names are longer. If it can be improved then  I do not have any other objection.

Now, If I'm not too demanding I have one more request:

I would like to have the ability to adjust the volume of the entire song or album in such a way that the program remembers these settings. Different albums have different levels of volume. The equalizer: I do not ask, because others before me have asked about it, but it would be good if EQ settings to be remembered, similar to volume. 

Regards

WesleyS

1. Alrighty, that's how I'll implement it

2. I've tweaked the a bit for a next build. Just a bit, because I don't want the design to change too much. More fine tuning of the colors will come a bit later.

3. I'll try that out. It will be for somewhat later though (no ETA yet).

For your last request: that sound more like something ReplayGain would solve. I don't have ReplayGain support yet. But I'd like to add it somewhere in the future.

3 hours ago, Mando said:

still loving this :) one thing which is pretty far out there and probs not possible, but oh if only it could allow Winamp gfx plugin types say Milkdrop, Geiss or Drempels it would rock :) usually have milkdrop going on a monitor while I listen to music/work.

Keep it up mate, by far my fav music player at home and at work :)

I have no idea if that is even possible :) But I can check it out.

• Like 1

from what i recall i think you can get stand alone versions of dremples and geissworks, but i dont recall seeing one for Milkdrop, that is the best one IMO with lots of addons still available.

Infact I noticed its gone Open Source. 

http://www.geisswerks.com/about_milkdrop.html

http://www.geisswerks.com

Edited by Mando

On 1/23/2016 at 0:29 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Seems I missed lots of posts :)

I remember that feature request. But I think I didn't log it. I'll log it now so I don't forget about it. It sound like a neat idea.

Sweet. No rush because you've given us a solid app so far and i'm sure you have more pressing stuff to do.

On 1/23/2016 at 4:07 PM, Mando said:

from what i recall i think you can get stand alone versions of dremples and geissworks, but i dont recall seeing one for Milkdrop, that is the best one IMO with lots of addons still available.

Infact I noticed its gone Open Source. 

http://www.geisswerks.com/about_milkdrop.html

http://www.geisswerks.com

Those are kool

5 hours ago, wetworker said:

Sweet. No rush because you've given us a solid app so far and i'm sure you have more pressing stuff to do.

Those are kool

I agree with that :) as it interacts with beats & audio frequencies gives a live light show :D

I vote the app never has to be renamed, its perfect as it is, dopa-mine mmm we all love the compound ;) and fits its purpose beautifully, hell get Milkdrop working and you would not only have the audio representation of the D-receptor, but also visual stimulation. 

4 hours ago, Mando said:

I vote the app never has to be renamed

53 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

Yeah keep the same name no reason to change it its perfect.

Raphaël has never mentioned anywhere in his thread that he is changing the name.

As long as Milkdrop plugin support is optional and Dopamine doesn't come pre-packaged with it I'm not opposed.  I've never been terribly fond of visualization plugins myself.  It might be nice if Dopamine had a dozen or so really nice visualizations built into it, but personally I wouldn't use them frequently.

8 hours ago, Mando said:

I agree with that :) as it interacts with beats & audio frequencies gives a live light show :D

I vote the app never has to be renamed, its perfect as it is, dopa-mine mmm we all love the compound ;) and fits its purpose beautifully, hell get Milkdrop working and you would not only have the audio representation of the D-receptor, but also visual stimulation. 

4 hours ago, Ravensky said:

Yeah keep the same name no reason to change it its perfect.

You two have nothing to worry about it. The name change was done in about a year ago. See a link below.

3 hours ago, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

Raphaël has never mentioned anywhere in his thread that he is changing the name.

He changed once ... from MusiX to Dopamine.

See here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1199859-musix/?page=16#comment-596714986

MusiX was the old app, that he didn't like anymore, so he started Dopamine...it wasn't a name change, it was a completely new app!

1 minute ago, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

MusiX was the old app, that he didn't like anymore, so he started Dopamine...it wasn't a name change, it was a completely new app!

He said he changed name for his player in the old thread.. Doesn't matter if it's new app or not...  

He didn't want MusiX anymore.  So he changed to Dopamine..  That's what he is using from there on.

I wouldn't say he didn't "want" it or didn't like the app - he decided that to get to the place he wanted to be he needed to almost start a fresh, hence the new name.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

I wouldn't say he didn't "want" it or didn't like the app - he decided that to get to the place he wanted to be he needed to almost start a fresh, hence the new name.

Absolutely correct :)

And to confirm: Dopamine won't be renamed (at least as long as nobody has a good reason to claim the name or threaten my life or finances over it :)).

18 hours ago, ZipZapRap said:

Hey Raphael!

I trawled the last few pages, but couldn't find an update on the other app... The one we can potentially run on our phones or/and is a UWP :)

There is no update on that app yet. I planned to spent the whole Christmas vacation on it, but I got behind on it. I've been to busy with the desktop version.

Hey everyone. The collection checkboxes are finished. New build coming soon:

Checkboxes.png

The current changelog for the next build:

- The cover background on the Now playing screen only changes on album change
- Updated the Turkish translation
- Fixed a bug where changing the Year tag in a file didn't update the Album's year in the database
- Removing a Folder now also removes its Songs from the collection (Rating is remembered in case the Folder is added again later)
- Slightly improved visibility of input fields
- Added checkboxes to the Collection folders to filter which folders are displayed in the collection

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hey everyone. The collection checkboxes are finished. New build coming soon:

Checkboxes.png

Very cool! I have tried it but does it support a mapped network drive as well?  I could add my wifes collection to mine this way, and just unclick it when I don't want to see it anymore.