Dopamine

9 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Wow that's pretty fast! :rofl: 

Thanks for liking it :)

actually now i think about it mate, thats over a powerline adapter at best 100mbit second, all the more impressive. trying it over my 300mbit wifi n and just for giggles if i add a shortcut to steam i should in theory be able to run it to the steam box downstairs on the 50"/home cinema 5.1s dts, ill keep you posted!

And yes I think its more than ready for you to let outside world on your baby.

On 30/01/2016 at 7:34 AM, Ravensky said:

my network runs very smooth, I stream blue-ray .mkv files no problem :p

Thank you Raphael, I will test this out with the new build =)

then youll not have any problem with high quality audio streams :) 

oh thought of a new addin (lol sorry!) shoutcast support? that would be cool internet music channels etc. Just a thought ;)

Just out of interest, does it yet support Media keyboards?  I have a logitech K350 and it doesn't react to any of the next/prev/stop/pause buttons...

Update: It works if the Logitech software is disabled.  That sucks - for logitech and me :(

Update: Something about players.ini in the SetPoint folder

46 minutes ago, Nik L said:

Just out of interest, does it yet support Media keyboards?  I have a logitech K350 and it doesn't react to any of the next/prev/stop/pause buttons...

Update: It works if the Logitech software is disabled.  That sucks - for logitech and me :(

Update: Something about players.ini in the SetPoint folder

Seems to be a common problem for custom media players:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logitech_Keyboard_Media_Keys

https://github.com/clementine-player/Clementine/issues/2431

I have no idea what needs to be in players.ini. Maybe copying an existing entry and replacing the player's name by "Dopamine" and the path to dopamine in the copied entry?

Edit:

I found different examples for different players. You might try the bold one (no idea if it will work though):

[Players]
foobar2000=key,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,C,X,Z,B,V,0,0,Foobar2000
mpc=key,mplayerc.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,32791,32792,0,0,Media Player Classic
Media Portal=xxx,mediaportal.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,0,Media Portal

dopamine=xxx,Dopamine.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,0,Dopamine

[Players.Run]
foobar2000=path,C:\Program Files\foobar2000\
mpc=path,C:\Program Files\mplayerc\
Media Portal=path,c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\

dopamine=path,C:\Program Files (x86)\Dopamine

[Players.Display]
foobar2000=foobar2000
mpc=Media Player Classic
Media Portal=Media Portal

dopamine=Dopamine

The problem is the parameters in the [Players] section. I have no idea what they mean. And I don't have a Logitech keyboard to experiment with :(

• Like 2

Hey all. I've got a "preview preview" build for you (it is not a public preview)

Disclaimer: it might be a bit rough on the edges. I did only quick testing. It won't break your collection though.

This is the changelog:

8-02-2016: Dopamine 1.0.0.572 (Preview)

- Now playing now has a list of playing songs
- It is now possible to add and remove songs from now playing

And you can get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xtihhv85o26qwnw/AABtfqFOkbFYIyBV6mmnbOEYa?dl=0

Let me know if you are brave enough to try it out, and if you see bugs. Now playing is not finished yet, there is some more to come. Especially when nothing is playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hey all. I've got a "preview preview" build for you (it is not a public preview)

Disclaimer: it might be a bit rough on the edges. I did only quick testing. It won't break your collection though.

This is the changelog:

8-02-2016: Dopamine 1.0.0.572 (Preview)

- Now playing now has a list of playing songs
- It is now possible to add and remove songs from now playing

And you can get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xtihhv85o26qwnw/AABtfqFOkbFYIyBV6mmnbOEYa?dl=0

Let me know if you are brave enough to try it out, and if you see bugs. Now playing is not finished yet, there is some more to come. Especially when nothing is playing.

Unfortunately, it crashed immediately after the splash screen appears. Just performing clean install with no luck.

I don't know what is happening, but the older build also crashed on my pc (it didn't happen before). Here's the content of Dopamine log file : 

2016-02-09 06:55:19.1730|Info|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteStartup|### STARTING Dopamine, version 1.0.0 (Build 572). IsPortable = False ###
2016-02-09 06:55:19.9180|Info|Dopamine.Views.Splash+VB$StateMachine_16_InitializeDatabaseAsync.MoveNext|Creating database
2016-02-09 06:55:23.7757|Info|Dopamine.Core.Database.DbCreator.InitializeNewDatabase|New database created at C:\Users\Tejo Dwi Prasetyo\AppData\Roaming\Dopamine\Dopamine.db
2016-02-09 06:55:23.7757|Info|Dopamine.Views.Splash+VB$StateMachine_16_InitializeDatabaseAsync.MoveNext|Initializing EntityFramework MetaData
2016-02-09 06:55:53.6595|Error|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteEmergencyStop|Unhandled Exception. Exception:
Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Dopamine.Views.Shell", name = "(none)".
Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService(Dopamine.Core.Database.Repositories.TrackRepository iTrackRepository).
Exception is: Win32Exception - The system cannot find the file specified
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Dopamine.Views.Shell,(none)
  Resolving parameter "iPlaybackService" of constructor Dopamine.Views.Shell(Microsoft.Practices.Unity.IUnityContainer iContainer, Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Regions.IRegionManager iRegionManager, Dopamine.Common.Services.Appearance.IAppearanceService iAppearanceService, Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.IPlaybackService iPlaybackService, Dopamine.Common.Services.Win32Input.IWin32InputService iWin32InputService, Microsoft.Practices.Prism.PubSubEvents.IEventAggregator iEventAggregator, Dopamine.Common.Services.Notification.INotificationService iNotificationService, Dopamine.Common.Services.Metadata.MetadataService iMetadataService)
    Resolving Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService,(none) (mapped from Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.IPlaybackService, (none))
    Calling constructor Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService(Dopamine.Core.Database.Repositories.TrackRepository iTrackRepository)
 ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService.InitializePlayer()
   at Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService..ctor(TrackRepository iTrackRepository)
   at lambda_method(Closure , IBuilderContext )
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicBuildPlanGenerationContext.<>c__DisplayClass1.<GetBuildMethod>b__0(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuilderContext.NewBuildUp(NamedTypeBuildKey newBuildKey)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ObjectBuilder.NamedTypeDependencyResolverPolicy.Resolve(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicBuildPlanGenerationContext.<>c__DisplayClass1.<GetBuildMethod>b__0(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name, ResolverOverride[] resolverOverrides)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve[T](IUnityContainer container, ResolverOverride[] overrides)
   at Dopamine.Bootstrapper.CreateShell()
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Bootstrapper.Run()
   at Dopamine.Views.Splash.VB$StateMachine_14_Initialize.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Stack trace:
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name, ResolverOverride[] resolverOverrides)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve[T](IUnityContainer container, ResolverOverride[] overrides)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Inner Exception 1:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService..ctor(TrackRepository iTrackRepository)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuilderContext.NewBuildUp(NamedTypeBuildKey newBuildKey)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ObjectBuilder.NamedTypeDependencyResolverPolicy.Resolve(IBuilderContext context)

2016-02-09 06:55:53.6595|Info|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteEmergencyStop|### FORCED STOP of Dopamine, version 1.0.0 (Build 572) ###

5 hours ago, Tejoenardo said:

I don't know what is happening, but the older build also crashed on my pc (it didn't happen before). Here's the content of Dopamine log file : 

2016-02-09 06:55:19.1730|Info|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteStartup|### STARTING Dopamine, version 1.0.0 (Build 572). IsPortable = False ###
2016-02-09 06:55:19.9180|Info|Dopamine.Views.Splash+VB$StateMachine_16_InitializeDatabaseAsync.MoveNext|Creating database
2016-02-09 06:55:23.7757|Info|Dopamine.Core.Database.DbCreator.InitializeNewDatabase|New database created at C:\Users\Tejo Dwi Prasetyo\AppData\Roaming\Dopamine\Dopamine.db
2016-02-09 06:55:23.7757|Info|Dopamine.Views.Splash+VB$StateMachine_16_InitializeDatabaseAsync.MoveNext|Initializing EntityFramework MetaData
2016-02-09 06:55:53.6595|Error|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteEmergencyStop|Unhandled Exception. Exception:
Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Dopamine.Views.Shell", name = "(none)".
Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService(Dopamine.Core.Database.Repositories.TrackRepository iTrackRepository).
Exception is: Win32Exception - The system cannot find the file specified
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Dopamine.Views.Shell,(none)
  Resolving parameter "iPlaybackService" of constructor Dopamine.Views.Shell(Microsoft.Practices.Unity.IUnityContainer iContainer, Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Regions.IRegionManager iRegionManager, Dopamine.Common.Services.Appearance.IAppearanceService iAppearanceService, Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.IPlaybackService iPlaybackService, Dopamine.Common.Services.Win32Input.IWin32InputService iWin32InputService, Microsoft.Practices.Prism.PubSubEvents.IEventAggregator iEventAggregator, Dopamine.Common.Services.Notification.INotificationService iNotificationService, Dopamine.Common.Services.Metadata.MetadataService iMetadataService)
    Resolving Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService,(none) (mapped from Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.IPlaybackService, (none))
    Calling constructor Dopamine.Common.Services.Playback.PlaybackService(Dopamine.Core.Database.Repositories.TrackRepository iTrackRepository)
 ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Stack trace:
Inner Exception 1:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified

2016-02-09 06:55:53.6595|Info|Dopamine.Application.ExecuteEmergencyStop|### FORCED STOP of Dopamine, version 1.0.0 (Build 572) ###

I think it can't find you database. Could you check if there is a file Dopamine.db under: %appdata%\dopamine

Could you check its file size?

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

I think it can't find you database. Could you check if there is a file Dopamine.db under: %appdata%\dopamine

Could you check its file size?

Yes, it's there. 23 KB in size.

Well, seems like build 450 is working perfectly right now on my pc. Then I'm checked the %appdata% folder, I can find Dopamine.db which is 697 KB in size.

Something is wrong in database creation, perhaps?

Edited by Tejoenardo

1 hour ago, Tejoenardo said:

Well, seems like build 450 is working perfectly right now on my pc. Then I'm checked the %appdata% folder, I can find Dopamine.db which is 697 KB in size.

Something is wrong in database creation, perhaps?

Could be. 450? Is that the last build that works on your PC?

34 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Could be. 450? Is that the last build that works on your PC?

I'm installing build 570 a few days ago without any problem. But since I'm upgrading it with build 572, the crash problem start to plague. Trying to re-install build 570 today, and it crashed this time. Confusing, right? :/ 

I'll try to create a new user account, and will report back if the problem persist or not.

Edited by Tejoenardo

32 minutes ago, Tejoenardo said:

I'm installing build 570 a few days ago without any problem. But since I'm upgrading it with build 572, the crash problem start to plague. Trying to re-install build 570 today, and it crashed this time. Confusing, right? :/ 

I'll try to create a new user account, and will report back if the problem persist or not.

You don't need a new user account. Just open the folder %appdata% and delete the "Dopamine" folder.

2 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

You don't need a new user account. Just open the folder %appdata% and delete the "Dopamine" folder.

did it. But it keep crashing down. 

51 minutes ago, Tejoenardo said:

did it. But it keep crashing down. 

Hey wait, it might not be the database that it cannot find. Could you check if there is a file called Axon.exe in the installation directory? This file is new since the last few builds.

Edit: and if it is missing, could you tell me which antivirus you're running and if it has quarantined the file?

14 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hey wait, it might not be the database that it cannot find. Could you check if there is a file called Axon.exe in the installation directory? This file is new since the last few builds.

Edit: and if it is missing, could you tell me which antivirus you're running and if it has quarantined the file?

Well I can't find the file. Running Avast Premier here.

Just now, Tejoenardo said:

Well I can't find the file. Running Avast Premier here.

That is most likely your problem. I've had multiple reports of Avast blocking Dopamine.exe and/or Axon.exe.

You might have to whitelist them (if possible and if you trust me :))

7 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

That is most likely your problem. I've had multiple reports of Avast blocking Dopamine.exe and/or Axon.exe.

You might have to whitelist them (if possible and if you trust me :))

Fix it! Thank you so much, Raphael. :D

Synapse.exe is also blocked here. :shiftyninja:

12 minutes ago, Tejoenardo said:

Fix it! Thank you so much, Raphael. :D

Synapse.exe is also blocked here. :shiftyninja:

That's good news! I think I'll add an explicit check and logging for the files that are needed to start up. That will make troubleshooting easier in the future.

20 minutes ago, ultimate99 said:

Will there be an OSX version? :D

Unfortunately not. I don't have a Mac and I have absolutely no experience in OSX development.

Edit: I'm not surprised that Avast blocks Synapse.exe too. It seems to eat random exe's for breakfast. It's the reason I stopped using it. Each time I compiled Dopamine it failed to run, because as soon as the "exe" was created, it got quarantined even before I could launch it.

Bug found.

When I have a long list of songs in the queue (1600+ songs here), sometimes it takes a massive 2-7 seconds delay between double-clicking a song and the moment the song itself to actually play.

EDIT : this is happening everywhere except the now playing screen.

Edited by Tejoenardo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tejoenardo said:

Bug found.

When I have a long list of songs in the queue (1600+ songs here), sometimes it takes a massive 2-7 seconds delay between double-clicking a song and the moment the song itself to actually play.

EDIT : this is happening everywhere except the now playing screen.

Thanks for reporting. I found where this comes from and will be fixed in the next public preview.

• Like 1

I like the faded album art in the background of now playing...

It disappears after it goes to the next track in the album though.

The song list is a nice touch as well.

8 minutes ago, Ned said:

I like the faded album art in the background of now playing...

It disappears after it goes to the next track in the album though.

The song list is a nice touch as well.

The first iteration did that. Have you tried build 570 (it should only fade out when switching albums)?

Edit: I just realized you spoke about the songs list, so you must be using build 572.