Dopamine

Hi everyone! A new build of Dopamine is available. This is the changelog:

12-02-2016: Dopamine 1.0.0.582 (Preview)

• Now playing now has a list of playing songs
  • It is now possible to add and remove songs from now playing
  • Fixed the now playing screen background dissapearing when the next song in an album starts playing
  • The last now playing list is remembered at the next startup
  • Improved scaling of now playing background
  • Now playing background cross fades

Download here

53 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

major bug:  If I have .mp3 files set to open with Dopamine and double click one dopamine opens but does nothing, does not play the file. =/  This used to work.

Confirmed. 

• Like 1

When you are on the Now Playing screen I noticed that the background image for the album art is cut off and does not display the whole image.  About the bottom third of the image is cut off and doesn't show.

On 15-2-2016 at 9:50 PM, cmhinnen said:

When you are on the Now Playing screen I noticed that the background image for the album art is cut off and does not display the whole image.  About the bottom third of the image is cut off and doesn't show.

Could you send me that audio file, or at least the album art? There seems to be a scaling issue. Thanks.

Oh I cannot wait to eventually try this on my phone :D Dopamine Rocks!

9 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Could you send me that audio file, or at least the album art? There seems to be a scaling issue. Thanks.

I sent you one of my files via email.  I wasn't able to attach it to a message here because it said I could only upload 2MB.  It seems to do this to all the songs in my collection.  All of my album art is embedded.

15 hours ago, cmhinnen said:

I sent you one of my files via email.  I wasn't able to attach it to a message here because it said I could only upload 2MB.  It seems to do this to all the songs in my collection.  All of my album art is embedded.

Can you take a screenshoot and show to us what's being cutted there? Or maybe you are referring to the background picture in the now playing screen? it's obvious that you can't show the whole square cover art in a rectangular screen, except you want the background picture to be stretched out badly or fitted in the middle which is doesn't make sense at all.

Have a (what I think is a odd) issue. Using v584, it seems to want to play from Z-A instead of A-Z. Example It should play Sublime then Suicidal Tendencies but it doesn't (Winamp does with the same playlist).  Maybe need a option to sort by File Name or something? I do have my tunes listed by [Artist] - [Track Name] if that makes any difference. Other than that, it's a great player, I just can't replace my current one quite yet, but I'm hopeful this one will soon.

4 hours ago, CrashGordon said:

Have a (what I think is a odd) issue. Using v584, it seems to want to play from Z-A instead of A-Z. Example It should play Sublime then Suicidal Tendencies but it doesn't (Winamp does with the same playlist).  Maybe need a option to sort by File Name or something? I do have my tunes listed by [Artist] - [Track Name] if that makes any difference. Other than that, it's a great player, I just can't replace my current one quite yet, but I'm hopeful this one will soon.

Currently there are only these options to order tracks:

• By album: which groups by album and orders by track number
  • By rating: speaks for itself
  • a-z: orders by title from a to z

But I can easily add a z-a option. Would that do it for you?

9 hours ago, Ravensky said:

If you stretch out the window so its not rectangular it will show more of the album as shown in the screenshots here.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Oh that is the issue! I wasn't following, sorry. I thought he had a scaling issue.

Indeed, there is no other way to show the cover picture at the back of the now playing screen. There will always be a piece missing. The only option I have is a combintation of those: center, left, right, bottom. I chose top and center.

Hi everyone. I've have a small announcement to make.

As Dopamine gets more and more attention (even outside of Neowin), and as I want to expand my software base in the future, I've decided to register a domain and create a more official website: http://www.digimezzo.com.

Digimezzo will be the new home of Dopamine, starting from the next build. Downloads will be hosted on that site and not on Dropbox anymore.

For you that doesn't change much. What will change:

• The update checker will get its info and updates from Digimezzo instead of my blog and Dropbox
  • The links in the about screen will refer to Digimezzo

17 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

nice website! =)

Thanks. The software section still needs some tweaking. Too many clicks to download software. But I'm working on it.

On 2/18/2016 at 11:05 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Hi everyone. I've have a small announcement to make.

As Dopamine gets more and more attention (even outside of Neowin), and as I want to expand my software base in the future, I've decided to register a domain and create a more official website: http://www.digimezzo.com.

Digimezzo will be the new home of Dopamine, starting from the next build. Downloads will be hosted on that site and not on Dropbox anymore.

For you that doesn't change much. What will change:

• The update checker will get its info and updates from Digimezzo instead of my blog and Dropbox
  • The links in the about screen will refer to Digimezzo

nice site buddy, bookmarked :)

You're going to have to figure out how to create Dopamine for Android and maybe ios, because of this:

17 hours ago, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

You're going to have to figure out how to create Dopamine for Android and maybe ios, because of this:

I guess I'll now also have to send electricity through the headphones.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

I guess I'll now also have to send electricity through the headphones.

If you read the article, it's a special module that you plug into your phone, etc. and the headphones plug into that.  Both items come from the manufacturer, obviously, you just have to supply the music player.

18 minutes ago, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

If you read the article, it's a special module that you plug into your phone, etc. and the headphones plug into that.  Both items come from the manufacturer, obviously, you just have to supply the music player.

I read only part of the article (the user experience part before the technical stuff has a bad influence on my attention :)) when I replied and was wrongly assuming it was an independent device. Sorry about that. It makes complete sense now. This is an interesting device. So it seems to connect to a regular audio jack, and could be any audio player. Would indeed be nice to combine it with this Dopamine :D Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hi everyone. Long time no news. Here's a peek at what's coming. Changelog for the next build (in a few days):

- Dopamine is now a single process application. This reduces Windows Smartscreen notifications from 3 to 1 for the portable version.
- Migrated everything to www.digimezzo.com
- Improved user interface responsiveness and transitions
- Added Z-A sorting for songs
- Songs on disconnected disks are not removed from the collection anymore
- Song progress can be changed also when the song is paused
- It's possible to choose between 3 cover sizes for all album lists
- Slightly lower CPU usage when main window is visible

And a screenshot:

Coversize.png