DC

My question is Caity Lotz? This is the same universe as Arrow, so that means by the end of the season, is she getting resurrected? Honestly I would love to see Laurel become the Black Canary over time and with Canary alive, it would surely overshadow the Black Canary... I never really liked the Canary. Thought it was a cheap way to tie up loose ends and have another major character for a season. Plus, they tossed the actress used in the original pilot, and she became this major love interest. Originally she looked like a ###### slut of a sister..

Agreed, sounds it will be The Atom. I don't know why they would be doing it though. Arrow already fills the billionaire, vigilante genre. I don't see what void The Atom fills in the CW's line up.

Not to mention that Ray Palmer isn't as compelling as Oliver Queen. A large part of the draw of Arrow is the flashbacks and watching Oliver turn into the arrow during his exile. The mystery and before/after effect is fun to watch. Palmer is transparent, and frankly kind of boring.

If they keep doing too many spinoff shows they're going to mess this up, I agree with you guys, a atom series would be bad, if they try it I don't think it'll work. Just stick to Arrow and flash for now, then when one ends start a new one.

Agreed, sounds it will be The Atom. I don't know why they would be doing it though. Arrow already fills the billionaire, vigilante genre. I don't see what void The Atom fills in the CW's line up.

Not to mention that Ray Palmer isn't as compelling as Oliver Queen. A large part of the draw of Arrow is the flashbacks and watching Oliver turn into the arrow during his exile. The mystery and before/after effect is fun to watch. Palmer is transparent, and frankly kind of boring.

Personally I think he'd make a great character to centre around for a spin-off. He has the humour that Arrow is so desperately lacking. Personally I think the flashbacks in Arrow are far too contrived, especially in the current season - I find them tedious. The Flash is a great show and that isn't based around flashbacks.

If they keep doing too many spinoff shows they're going to mess this up, I agree with you guys, a atom series would be bad, if they try it I don't think it'll work. Just stick to Arrow and flash for now, then when one ends start a new one.

I disagree. Clearly they're building towards a Justice League series, much like they did with Smallville. Seeing all the heroes come together made for compelling TV. For me Arrow has become a bit stale and I don't find it as exciting as I did during the first season. The Flash is the better show at the moment and I think that Atom has the potential to be a great show due to the nature of his character and his humour. The great thing about multiple shows is that if Arrow starts to fail in the ratings then he can be moved into another show, particularly if the Justice League becomes its own show.

I'm excited about the possibility of an Atom spin-off but obviously it remains to be seen how well it will be executed.

Personally I think he'd make a great character to centre around for a spin-off. He has the humour that Arrow is so desperately lacking. Personally I think the flashbacks in Arrow are far too contrived, especially in the current season - I find them tedious. The Flash is a great show and that isn't based around flashbacks.

I disagree. Clearly they're building towards a Justice League series, much like they did with Smallville. Seeing all the heroes come together made for compelling TV. For me Arrow has become a bit stale and I don't find it as exciting as I did during the first season. The Flash is the better show at the moment and I think that Atom has the potential to be a great show due to the nature of his character and his humour. The great thing about multiple shows is that if Arrow starts to fail in the ratings then he can be moved into another show, particularly if the Justice League becomes its own show.

I'm excited about the possibility of an Atom spin-off but obviously it remains to be seen how well it will be executed.

Yeah, except they can't do a true justice league show, they can't have superman, batman or WW. We don't even know if they can get the ok to use green lantern, what sort of half baked JL are they going to do? I'd rather they didn't try to give us a gimped version of the JL.

Yeah, except they can't do a true justice league show, they can't have superman, batman or WW. We don't even know if they can get the ok to use green lantern, what sort of half baked JL are they going to do? I'd rather they didn't try to give us a gimped version of the JL.

Last I heard they were considering the possibility of Green Lantern as Diggle. As for the lack of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, I think that's more because the TV universe is yet to establish itself properly. The Flash is already off to a better start than Arrow and as awareness increases with a third spin-off the situation may change. Don't forget that originally there weren't going to be any superpowers in Arrow but that changed with The Flash. Wonder Woman was planned for the TV universe but was put on hold for The Flash.

I think the reason we're not seeing Batman or Superman is because they're big brands and they'd have to get them right or risk damaging the brand. If CW can develop Arrow and The Flash, with the addition of Atom, then they could appear.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, WB is far more interested in developing WW and GL as part of the movie universe going forward. WB has already turned things down for the TV, Arrow works as a CW TV show because of the typical forced drama they love but it has very little chance on it's own as a movie. WB knew that and gave the ok for a TV series, I bet we never see GA in the JL movies.

Another possibility,

Atom and John (Diggle) Stewart, per the rumor of Diggle actually being Stewart.

The writers etc have already come clean about the fact that Diggle is not and won't be Stewart. DC has other plans for that Stewart.

Also, I'm kinda 'meh' about this whole spinoff. I'd much rather see a spinoff of Firestorm.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish we'd get a modern day "Batman" tv series, and no, "Gotham" doesn't count!

gotham is good but it doesn't really seem like a origin show for the characters, just seems like a cop drama with mob bosses being the focus most of the time which isn't that interesting. that fish character is annoying and needs to go..

• 2 weeks later...

Arthur Darvill Joins the Arrow/Flash Spinoff as time traveler Rip Hunter

rip-hunter-arthur-darvill.jpg

• Arthur will play Rip Hunter, who is described as a roguish time traveler who hides the strains of being responsible for history itself behind a facade of charm and wit.
  • He is joining Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, and Ciara Renee in the spinoff, which is supposed to premiere on The CW during midseason.

Ciara Renee will play Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl in the spinoff.

hawkgirl-ciara-renee-2-shot.jpg

• She joins Captain Cold, Heatwave, The Atom, Dr. Stein and the original (and lbr the only one worthy of the title) Black Canary Caity Lotz as an as yet unnamed character.
  • Renee has played in the Broadway adaption of Big Fish and Pippin.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler TV reckon the tentative title for the series is simply The Atom, so by the sounds of that Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer will be the main focus.

Read More

• 4 weeks later...