Most of the fixes are for all the platforms, its just tested on PC first due to the ease of beta testing. :p

I'm guessing they can only fix the bugs when they can recreate them, its crazy that the game cane give you bugs and others have no issues even with the same setup. :o

16 hours ago, soniqstylz said:

Wish they'd fix the L4 merchants. 

Yea, what I was talking about in random encounters.  Hardly ever see them and when you do, they dont go where you tell them to.

Small beta update today:

1.4.131 Update 29/2/2016

General performance improvements

1.4.125 Update 22/2/2016

General performance improvements

Removed unnecessary debug functionality

Friendly reminder that today is the last day to buy the "Season Pass" for 30 bucks before the price increases.  Also, Greenmangaming has 20% off with voucher FEBURY-SVINGS-20PERC  (so it'll be $24)

Easy to check the random encounters. One is near the drive-in... start at the projector building and look, I think it's northeast or east by northeast (2 on the clock). Head toward the rail bridge. That's a random encounter spot. Nothing? Great. Now run to the police station where you meet the Brotherhood of Steel. It's not close but it's not really far, either. It's at least one cell away which is the point. There are some ghouls here, but they're not hard. Your basic ferals. Clear them, and run to the left of the police station, through the gate, and around to the left. The road will fork, go to the right. Go past the fallen billboard. Pass the next building and hang an immediate left. That's another random encounter spot. Now run between these two random encounter spots. Either things will happen just about every time or they won't happen at all. The whole circuit, there and back again, should take about ten minutes. Maybe a couple more if the ghouls give you trouble. You don't have to help the Brotherhood, just kill enough to get through.

Anyone with the real dialogue mod finding that it's not doing its job at all after updates? I know that updates disable all the mods, and you have to open NMM up and enable them all. I got that. But every update breaks the dialogue mod entirely, and it hasn't gotten updates in a while (which could be why). It retains its brackets or whatever other format you chose, but the options go back to the 1-2 word choices. And then, even if you reinstall the mod (which fixes it until the next update), some things are still broken, like barter and exit options mostly. So like, it'll say "[Barter] Show me what you got," and instead she says "Yeah, I have a few minutes to browse."

Found a bug with the build I'm using (FudgeMuppet's Agent build). He says at levels 19 and 20, you should take Armorer I and II. On my game, that requires STR 3; he says it's 2. Wasn't a big deal, I happened to be right by Mass Fusion in Goodneighbor, so I shot my way up to the Strength bobblehead and took it. But did they move perks around at some point? I don't recall that. Anyway, if you could use one more Strength point, it's not a terribly hard bobblehead to get.

I just wanna say again, if I didn't say before, I am so glad they fixed Calvin in Vault 81. The guy who buys tools at 15 caps each. You might not realize how quickly those add up. What I do is, build a toolbox right next to the Sanctuary workbench. Or wherever else you dump your loot. Dump the tools first. Adjustable Wrench, Ball-Peen Hammer, Combination Wrench, Screwdriver, and Wrench. Those are the only ones I've found that he'll actually buy. So I dump them first, then go to the workbench and store all junk. Anyway, it's only now, my third time doing it, that Vault 114 (the one Nick Valentine and Skinny Malone are in) has a metric boat load of tools just lying around for you to take. Easily a dozen of each on average, though I may have missed some. So next time I get back to 81, I'm gonna make a killing. (Speaking of 81, if you failed the speech check and needed the three fusion cores to get in, they're really easy to steal back. They're in a container in the Overseer's office or quarters. I wanna say a footlocker... but not sure. Just grab 'em when she's not looking. You MIGHT be able to just take them after doing "Hole in the Wall." So much becomes available to take after that quest.)

Just found something out last night... Skipping the Minutemen is NOT allowed! At least in my game...

Brief summary of my character's life in "post-apocalyptia," as Three Dog calls it: She's a Chinese spy, married a soldier as a job and accidentally got pregnant. That's her back story. So, straight out of the Vault, she heads for Fenway Park for a dead drop she thinks might still be there. (Back story I made up to motivate her.) It's not, she's not surprised, but there she learns about the Institute, so she picks up Piper Wright and figures, maybe, she can get into the Institute and learn how to complete her goals.

All I've really done game-wise is worked with the Minutemen. I've done the first few quests. JUST unlocked Ballistic Weave. I went through the Museum of History to get the Perception bobblehead. Walked right past Preston and them. (He says, "So you're just gonna walk by?" and I did just that.) I got Nick Valentine out because I wanted to get Curie in a body, and you can't just take her to the Memory Den, they won't talk to you about that. So I figured I needed to advance the main quest as well, at least do the Kellogg memory trip or something, to get them to do Curie. And I've done a few settlements. The build I'm on doesn't allow for Local Leader or Cap Collector, so I can't do supply lines or stores, but I can build. Got a pretty nice Covenant, and I have a little fortress farm at Red Rocket (using some settlement mods).

I was leaving Vault 81 when I thought, hey, Graygarden is nearby, let's go do their quest to get that settlement for absolutely no reason. Fun fact, there was this alpha albino mongrel dog on the railroad tracks crossing that river, near the Oberland (?) crossing station. And I sneaked past it, took a lot at level 1 or 2. So now I'm level 21 or something... come back, and the dog's still there! One two three shots and it was down. Felt pretty good. I had done the water treatment plant already and got sidetracked, but was turning it in (though I hadn't accepted it, I just did it without being told).

Here's where things get weird. I turn in the quest with Mr Greene, I believe, and went in and was talking to Ms White. All of a sudden, I start completing objectives. Grab the minigun. Kill the raiders. Save the Quincy survivors. Make food/water at Sanctuary. Make defenses. Okay, I did the Sanctuary stuff, but not for Sturges. Popped the Sanctuary achievement. Then it says I cleared the Castle, which I've never been to. I got the achievement for Taking Independence as well. And now Preston Garvey is calling me General. In Graygarden. I just shook my head. Can't really complain as I'm playing with a bunch of mods. But it seems like the act of unlocking X settlements also unlocked the Minutemen. Though I'm sure it's not a sure thing.

And ultimately my character is still a bad girl, but she's seen her enemy (the US) destroyed... guess she's fitting in with the survivors, because there's really no other option. Really not digging the lack of evil choices. It's always been fun to go dark side in RPGs. It's easy to do the right thing and have everyone call you a hero. But it's neat to see how the game reacts when you go the other way. I don't hate the country I live in or root for real life bad guys, but there are so many great video games where you can only be good, so given the choice to be evil, I'm gonna take it, because I think that's interesting as well. Like GTA, or Saints Row or Mafia where they kind of blur the line. Or Just Cause. Or Fallout. Definitely Fallout. Not so much Elder Scrolls though. I think you could only ever be good in those...

On 3/5/2016 at 0:04 AM, dragontology said:

Just found something out last night... Skipping the Minutemen is NOT allowed! At least in my game...

Brief summary of my character's life in "post-apocalyptia," as Three Dog calls it: She's a Chinese spy, married a soldier as a job and accidentally got pregnant. That's her back story. So, straight out of the Vault, she heads for Fenway Park for a dead drop she thinks might still be there. (Back story I made up to motivate her.) It's not, she's not surprised, but there she learns about the Institute, so she picks up Piper Wright and figures, maybe, she can get into the Institute and learn how to complete her goals.

All I've really done game-wise is worked with the Minutemen. I've done the first few quests. JUST unlocked Ballistic Weave. I went through the Museum of History to get the Perception bobblehead. Walked right past Preston and them. (He says, "So you're just gonna walk by?" and I did just that.) I got Nick Valentine out because I wanted to get Curie in a body, and you can't just take her to the Memory Den, they won't talk to you about that. So I figured I needed to advance the main quest as well, at least do the Kellogg memory trip or something, to get them to do Curie. And I've done a few settlements. The build I'm on doesn't allow for Local Leader or Cap Collector, so I can't do supply lines or stores, but I can build. Got a pretty nice Covenant, and I have a little fortress farm at Red Rocket (using some settlement mods).

I was leaving Vault 81 when I thought, hey, Graygarden is nearby, let's go do their quest to get that settlement for absolutely no reason. Fun fact, there was this alpha albino mongrel dog on the railroad tracks crossing that river, near the Oberland (?) crossing station. And I sneaked past it, took a lot at level 1 or 2. So now I'm level 21 or something... come back, and the dog's still there! One two three shots and it was down. Felt pretty good. I had done the water treatment plant already and got sidetracked, but was turning it in (though I hadn't accepted it, I just did it without being told).

Here's where things get weird. I turn in the quest with Mr Greene, I believe, and went in and was talking to Ms White. All of a sudden, I start completing objectives. Grab the minigun. Kill the raiders. Save the Quincy survivors. Make food/water at Sanctuary. Make defenses. Okay, I did the Sanctuary stuff, but not for Sturges. Popped the Sanctuary achievement. Then it says I cleared the Castle, which I've never been to. I got the achievement for Taking Independence as well. And now Preston Garvey is calling me General. In Graygarden. I just shook my head. Can't really complain as I'm playing with a bunch of mods. But it seems like the act of unlocking X settlements also unlocked the Minutemen. Though I'm sure it's not a sure thing.

And ultimately my character is still a bad girl, but she's seen her enemy (the US) destroyed... guess she's fitting in with the survivors, because there's really no other option. Really not digging the lack of evil choices. It's always been fun to go dark side in RPGs. It's easy to do the right thing and have everyone call you a hero. But it's neat to see how the game reacts when you go the other way. I don't hate the country I live in or root for real life bad guys, but there are so many great video games where you can only be good, so given the choice to be evil, I'm gonna take it, because I think that's interesting as well. Like GTA, or Saints Row or Mafia where they kind of blur the line. Or Just Cause. Or Fallout. Definitely Fallout. Not so much Elder Scrolls though. I think you could only ever be good in those...

Been to the sub yet?

Saw a vid last night on how to repair the houses in Sanctuary.  Makes it so the holes are patched, ceiling is sealed, and you can add doors.  I did one house completely patched.  Will do the others a little different since I would like to have a few windows in the houses.  Takes a little bit of time per house bit looks pretty sweet.

7 hours ago, techbeck said:

Saw a vid last night on how to repair the houses in Sanctuary.  Makes it so the holes are patched, ceiling is sealed, and you can add doors.  I did one house completely patched.  Will do the others a little different since I would like to have a few windows in the houses.  Takes a little bit of time per house bit looks pretty sweet.

PC + mods or what?

4 hours ago, soniqstylz said:

PC + mods or what?

No mods...rug glitch.  Pretty sweet actually.  Takes a little time but comes out nice.  I dont use mods at all since I am on the console.  And the guy who makes the vid below, has some other really cool vids.

"The guy." That would be NoRespawns, the guy I've been telling y'all about for months. Dude is a legend.

If you're on PC, there is a mod to restore all the Sanctuary houses to their Pre-war status, if that's your thing. Here's the link.

2 hours ago, dragontology said:

"The guy." That would be NoRespawns, the guy I've been telling y'all about for months. Dude is a legend.

If you're on PC, there is a mod to restore all the Sanctuary houses to their Pre-war status, if that's your thing. Here's the link.

Didnt see you mentioned NoRespawns before.  25 pages of posts and all....

Seen some people on PC us mods and/or console commands to get resources and do other things.  Really do not see the point.  I have more than enough caps to buy whatever I need.  Sitting on about 250k caps right now and keeps going up.  Plus, keep reading that to many mods...or certain mods...really kills the game performance.  Only mod I wish I really had was the ability to spawn the damn level 4 merchants and make them go where they are told.

Hey, I'm just glad he's getting recognition. I wanna say it was about a month into the game when I really started watching YouTubers, and he was one up there... you know, if you watch stuff on a certain topic, YouTube will find others who are similar, and it seemed like every one of his I watched, he had two more. And I've seen him go from, "Hey look at this guard tower I made," to, "I make Bethesda's settlements look like YOUR settlements." The amount of planning he puts in, or must put in, it's crazy.

I never had 250k caps, but my main, level 80 guy is sitting on anywhere from 35k to 70k. I was farming Jet and Purified Water with him, and he was just cleaning out several vendors of all their caps. General merchants, I'd buy ALL their junk. Something will go somewhere. There's nothing to spend money on at that point. I'd buy a perk point for 50k caps, though. Would you buy five? Skyrim got to that point not only with gold/Septims, but dragon souls, and eventually with Dragonborn, they made it so that with so many dragon souls, you could re-spec a perk tree. And some other things, I think. I actually posted an idea on Reddit and inspired a modder to make a mod that, for every unspent soul, you got your health, magic, and stamina buffed by like 5 or 10. Made a difference when you got to 8-10 or more.

If modders could fix the level 4 merchants, they would. When the CK comes out, it will be trivial to make them. I've played with Skyrim's CK, and I'm not even a modder, just watched a couple tutorials, and I bet the level 4 merchant thing is like a hidden perk, so you could assign it to any NPC you create. I have actually made a few NPCs for my own game, but they were very basic and didn't have any lines or anything. I wish it were easier, but the easier dev tools get, the buggier the code. You know there are screenshots of the first Super Mario Bros. that take up more space on disk than the ROM image of the game? I think I read the game is something like 36KB. And Fallout 4's almost 30GB. Really makes you think. (And Mario 1 wasn't even bug-free.)

On 22/02/2016 at 2:43 AM, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

Probably could have posted this in the ongoing Fallout 4 thread, but hey, I'm no moderator... and nobody's posted in the official thread since I did on Wednesday, I think it is... and I could talk Fallout for days. I should vlog. My wife even has a pretty good mic (she does voice acting) but I'm not such a great orator as I am a typist...

I've been saying since November that I think there's something to the VATS thing on the loading screen. It seems odd to me that, in addition to rotating, panning, and zooming on the 3D objects, you can also VATS them, but it's not with the regular key. You use X (PC with Xbox gamepad, probably Xbox as well; that's either square or circle on PS4... the one on the right) and the object is highlighted in your HUD color. For me, it's light blue.

Interestingly, there are some details you can see with this that you couldn't otherwise. A couple of the Protectron models have tinted visors, and the VATS mode eliminates them entirely, allowing you to see in. The chem table lets you see in the shaded areas underneath.

The game's been out for just over 4 months though, and I look at every one. And I have seen nothing. It's recently occurred to me that if there were something, it might show up better if the HUD were default green... or perhaps white. But I like it on blue so I'm not changing it. I don't care about being credited for finding it, though I think I'm the only one looking. I mentioned it on Reddit and got blasted pretty hard by folks saying there's nothing to see. But if you're waiting anyway, what's the harm in looking? And the load times are quite long, though I do not own an SSD. (I need 1TB, I need it to support NVMe, and I need it to be affordable. I can wait.) Pretty beefy system otherwise.

I'm pretty sure I've VATS'd all the models, though occasionally I see new ones I haven't looked at yet. And I don't always get to hit all angles, either — sometimes moving it up or down, will let you see more of the top or bottom. But you can bet if I see anything out of the ordinary, I'm gonna mash F12 and take it to the community. I mean, it just seems like a pointless feature, doesn't it?

If you're not into treasure hunting and you just wanna hear when someone finds it, I'd recommend subscribing to MrMattyPlays and JV2017 on YouTube. Those two really cover the Fallout news. I like norespawns the most for his build guides, but he's not gonna be the first to break news. He just posted a 16 minute video about the 1.4 patch... which came out 2 weeks ago, but he primarily plays on PS4, so it's new to him. My money's on MrMattyPlays to break it first.

Edited by Andrew

16 hours ago, Andrew said:

Topics merged

Looks like you only moved my post from one thread to the other. Where's that thread's OP? It isn't in chronological order. It was posted after my last post in this thread.

Now I look like a jerk for calling down the wrath of the mighty moderator... haha... was not my intention. ;) I will use a quote tag to summarize the OP of the other thread. (edit: No I won't apparently, there's an edit timer. Oh well. Guess I'll explain here.)

The OP of the other thread stated that there are secrets in Fallout 4 that have yet to be discovered. One of the guys at Bethesda (I forget the name... not Howard or Hines) was asked in an interview about any secrets left to be discovered in the game, and he said that there was one he was hoping we'd have found, that's in a terminal somewhere, and then there's another one. Hence my VATS/loading page theory.

3 hours ago, dragontology said:

One of the guys at Bethesda (I forget the name... not Howard or Hines) was asked in an interview about any secrets left to be discovered in the game, and he said that there was one he was hoping we'd have found, that's in a terminal somewhere, and then there's another one.

It was Todd Howard during the D.I.C.E. interview. :p

Pete Holmes may have been the name the OP gave. It was Pete something because I thought, "Not Hines?" But clearly in the video Todd Howard said it.

I can't believe this terminal hasn't been found. Or it has and those who have found it — and this is actually quite likely — just didn't know what they were looking at. I mean, there's a terminal with cheat codes in it, in Vault 111. But nobody really talks about it. I wonder if it's something like that. It's got to be. There's so much interplay with Fallout 3, between MacCready, Elder Maxson, and the Replicated Man quest. Probably others. So I mean, if someone found a terminal, and found, say, log entries from Amata Almodovar, the love interest/pseudo sister from 101, implying she spent some time in the Commonwealth for no special reason whatsoever, or even if she's an NPC you can find, I don't think that would really surprise anyone. And I think, with so many of the big players from Fallout 3 either dead or in Fallout 4, it would have to be Amata, or maybe Moira, to really knock our socks off.

Or maybe — and this would be super cool, but completely impossible — there's a Steam key hidden in a terminal. Just a Steam key. Or Xbox Live key on the XB1 version, etc. And so this key could only be used once, and you get a free copy of Elder Scrolls VI. The game's not out yet, but neither is the Season Pass, and people downloaded it, and if you look on Steam, if you own it, it says you own it but it isn't installed. But of course if that happened, Steam would have to make a listing for TES 6, and everyone would be on it like white on rice. But if I were working at Bethesda, I would love to do something like that. But it wouldn't be laying around. Remember the family shelter in Fallout 3 where you get the Small Guns bobblehead (which may have actually just been right outside, I forget)? You had to find those four or five recordings laying around. I can tell you where two of them were, off the top of my head. They were all over the Capital Wasteland. I'd make it like that. Huge treasure hunt, puts you through hell. Stuff to find, people to talk to, and at the end, just a terminal. Master locked. For some reason, Nick Valentine can't open it. He actually has a recorded line, something like, "I'm sorry, the encryption on this, it's too tough, even for me." And you try it, and there are only # signs, and they're separating words. Dozens of them. You can't back out. You only get four tries, regardless of the Science bobblehead or Nick's perk. Fail and it locks you out forever (though, I guess you could save scum it). Win, and all it does is print the Steam key out on the screen. That. Would be. Awesome. (Yeah, I read Ready Player One.) Oh, and to top it off, the key includes beta access.

To change gears a bit, something my wife said about a week ago about Fallout bothered me, and I didn't know why until today. I accused her of not liking the Fallout/Bethesda games, and she said they're cool, but there's so much to learn, with the SPECIAL stats, and the skill points (in 3), the Standing Stones (in Skyrim), the perks, there's just so many choices. And I didn't know how to respond to that right away. But earlier, I got to thinking. When you first play one of these games, you make these mistakes. You waste skill points or SPECIAL points, you take stupid perks. (Her one and only perk she took in Fallout 4? VANS.) Next time you play, you learn. And then the third time, or the fourth time, you don't waste anything. There's a dynamic to the difficulty where wasting perks, or badly investing points, increases the game's difficulty, as you're less efficient. But it's more fun to make these mistakes and fine tune your character as you go. As opposed to, you're gonna go here, do this, get that, look over there, and get that overpowered gun (yeah, we all know it's the OG) and just walk through most of the game. Explained that, but I don't think I sold her on it. Oh well, I tried.