42 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Yeh that was awesome,  Bethesda did a good job seeding the world with random quests that you could miss if you weren't paying any attention. The physics engine adds to the fun too, Dogmeat jumped at a Molerat that was jumping and for the next 10 seconds I watched them fly away till Dogmeat killed it. :laugh:

I have not used Dogmeat much since I picked up Piper.  Tho Dogmeat is fitted with some heavy dog armor.  I also bought a dog off a random person so now dogmeat has a friend.  The other dog does not count towards the settlement population either.

I still enjoy the Witcher 3 quest line/story better.  On my 2nd play thru on NG+ on W3 and have not done the expansions yet.  Heard they were pretty good.

Probably mentioned before, but best way to make $ is purified water.  100 purified water will net you 1600 caps at basic perk levels.  You can build a lot of purification pumps at sanctuary.    I will also bring a bunch of purfied water with me when I buy something.   Will pay like 300 caps for ammo and then sell purified water to make up for it.  So really no cost to me.   Have over 100k and no cheats used.

Nice, will help with buying all the shipments from vendors if you ever go crazy with base building. :p 

305 hours in and I never knew you got a power armour paint job for helping the institute :o

3Q8XnSo.png

I gave myself all the faction paint jobs this playthrough so I can spice up my armour collection. :D Just need to find an x-01 so I can try out the white.

I've decided to make enemies of BoS and the Institute this run, bunker hill mission was just awkward last time, same with the RR's courser missions - "pew pew" *synth relay* "umm, hi guys.. he was like this when I got here?" *loots corpse and leaves*

I've also decided to use the setownership command this run, If a guy steps out of his power armour and happens to die.. it shouldn't be owned anymore, I used my own power core and lost companion points for taking it out at base. >.<

2 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Nice, will help with buying all the shipments from vendors if you ever go crazy with base building. :p 

305 hours in and I never knew you got a power armour paint job for helping the institute :o

I gave myself all the faction paint jobs this playthrough so I can spice up my armour collection. :D Just need to find an x-01 so I can try out the white.

I've decided to make enemies of BoS and the Institute this run, bunker hill mission was just awkward last time, same with the RR's courser missions - "pew pew" *synth relay* "umm, hi guys.. he was like this when I got here?" *loots corpse and leaves*

I've also decided to use the setownership command this run, If a guy steps out of his power armour and happens to die.. it shouldn't be owned anymore, I used my own power core and lost companion points for taking it out at base. >.<

Check out this ling for armor locations.  I have like 4 x-01 suits.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/23/someone-made-a-map-with-the-locations-of-all-of-the-power-armour-suits-in-fallout-4/

Spoiler

Also, if you save danse and he becomes an ally, he is wearing a x-01 suit.  I also got his BOS Paladin armor.

Cant see myself siding with the institute myself.  I also have a display of all the diff model power armors and a lot of the paint jobs.  I have over 30 suits so I have enough for a display...haha.  I knew you get a custom paintjob for the institute

And purified water pays for everything...even shipments.  Everything is profit and all I do is gain caps.

I avoided everywhere that wrote about F4 in the beginning due to my tv breaking and the launcher had issues with my old 1024x768 monitor, all I knew was the existence of x-01 :p

My survival character is only lvl 20 so I don't see any natural spawns yet, I may visit 35 Court and try my luck, I think lvl 28 is a guaranteed spawn.

I kinda wish the original Institute armour made it in to the game but I guess the Enclave's X-01 won over with its coolness factor.

I didn't get round to making a fancy place for them last playthrough so I just lined them up.

ydd8ojf.png

And I didn't really factor in storing suits this playthrough when I got carried away with this:

T6yyVzT.png 

Got trolled last night... I found a video on YouTube with "Deathclaw Dungeon" in the name. I started the video, and it said that you could go in where the first Deathclaw comes out, in Concord — did anyone know this? So I stopped the video, rushed the submarine quest, and made it to Concord double quick. Sure enough, you can indeed go down there. But, it's just another way into the Concord sewers. There's absolutely nothing in there but a few mole rats and junk. Maybe a medkit. Ugh. I was so excited to go in there, too.

My main guy is so close to getting the RobCo's Worst Nightmare (hack 50 terminals). I've had hacking maxed since forever and I never turned down an opportunity to hack a terminal. I have the main quest and I think most of the side quests done. DLC will make short work of that achievement for sure, but with the base game alone, it's a pain in the neck! I must have picked over 500 locks. So it seems to me the achievement maybe should have been set lower... or more terminals should be in the game. As it is I'm feeling like at least one of those perk points was wasted. Other than that, I just need Prankster's Return (reverse pickpocket a grenade) and the 100% happiness one. Any shortcuts on that one? No cheats, just legit shortcuts I'm looking for.

I started a new character, but immediately stopped her. I screwed up when I first got the game (no coffee, not half a day's sleep, and I was sick) and activated the game on my wife's Steam account. It's the only game her account owns. LOL. I've been playing on her account. So once I have all the achievements, I'll sign in as myself and get them all, all over again.

2 minutes ago, dragontology said:

Got trolled last night... I found a video on YouTube with "Deathclaw Dungeon" in the name. I started the video, and it said that you could go in where the first Deathclaw comes out, in Concord — did anyone know this? So I stopped the video, rushed the submarine quest, and made it to Concord double quick. Sure enough, you can indeed go down there. But, it's just another way into the Concord sewers. There's absolutely nothing in there but a few mole rats and junk. Maybe a medkit. Ugh. I was so excited to go in there, too.

There is a fusion core, couple of lunch boxes, and a tattoo magazine in there.  I just revisited that area.

I think I was at 7 irl days playtime before I noticed there was a door down there. :laugh: I must have ran past that open grate 100 times and just never gave it a 2nd thought, I also missed the other sewer entrances too.

Re-visit places that have safe/protectron/turret terminals as areas reset over time. you'll get it soon enough.

Settlement and pranksters revenge were my last 2 to get, I went with the 1 man (woman)  settlement option, I think you need 1 bed, 1 general store to assign them too and enough food and water to keep them fed for 10 days. then you send someone to that settlement and it should start at 80% and over the next 10 days it will change to 100%.

You will want some automated defences as you cant just sleep through it, you can be afk or exploring the world during the long wait though. if I remember rightly, you can sleep when they sleep to save time but I just let it be and visited occasionally to defend. (you can keep tabs on the progress from the map too)

Once I saw that achievement pop up I fast traveled and gave her a live grenade to celebrate :D giving me the last achievement.

• Like 1

21 armor suits that are not modded and separate from what I have on display in Sanctuary.  About 7 - 8 additional suits in Sanctuary. Only incomplete armor set is the X-01.  And I have a lot of extra armor pieces in a chest.

Oh yeah, I remember one lunch box. Rolled a Quantum. Kind of a nice surprise. Missed the tattoo mag. Anyway, I had cleared that area out before (and gotten the fusion core).

Speaking of fusion cores, I predict in the next year or two, a topic for discussion will be based around where people got their first one. Most of us, myself included, got it in the Museum of History basement, where Preston said it was. Some others will get it from the cave under Red Rocket, or that place to the north. Or under Concord in the sewers. Should be interesting.

Appreciate the tips. I'll have to try the one settler thing. I actually have 24 settlements and I've discovered the last one. It's the marina in the southwest. And I don't think I have any settlers at Red Rocket. So I can use that as well.

Man, I don't get the love for power armor. I just don't. Hate the HUD, hate having to get fusion cores (even though I now have over 70... not sure why I get them now), and I hate how you can't swim in them, and they're no longer suits of armor like in 3/NV, but more like vehicles. I like to be light and agile. Oh well. I've left a lot of suits of armor lying around, only taking the core. But even in 3, once you get the ranger combat armor from Reilly, that stuff was just amazing. Always took that over the custom minigun. In O:A I only took the Winterized T-51 if I could carry it. I was more interested in the stealth suit.

Is it just me or are the power armour stands not that intuitive, 1st time you see one you turn around and stand like the one in main menu only to be told you cant exit, not enough room,  then you do it without turning only to trigger the "you cant use this while in power armour" every time you exit it. >.< then you realize it will grab the nearest suit within a certain radius.

Why cant you just walk up in a suit, press craft and you automatically exit the suit and start crafting. :|

15 hours ago, dragontology said:

Other than that, I just need Prankster's Return (reverse pickpocket a grenade) and the 100% happiness one. Any shortcuts on that one? No cheats, just legit shortcuts I'm looking for.

Go to Jamaica Plains.  Set up 7 beds, and attract 6 people (7th bed is for yourself).  Plant 6 mutfruit, and have one person cultivating that.  Set up defenses (somewhere around 100 defense), and 5 Surgical Centers (Lvl3 medics), and have the other 5 people manning those.  Make sure enough water as well.  Keep a suit of Power Armor in the frame, and use the back parking lot to create a two-story building (use that for beds, top floor for defense turrets, etc.)  Line all the walls you can with flags and paintings, add furniture, etc.  Basically, you have to make it look "nice" (increase happiness) and have a load of crap to get the meter into the yellow. 

Sleep in your bed 24 hours.  Buy something from the medics.  Get in and out of your power armor.  Rinse, repeat.

If you decide to leave, don't fast travel until you've "left town".  That tends to rest happiness.  I got the trophy when I was doing one of the missions for Bunker Hill, so you don't have to be in town.  But the town was at 96 when I left.  The reason I chose Jamaica Plains is because it's small.

Only time I use power armor is in the glowing sea.

The Castle seems to be of of the only settlements that gets attacked in force.  But since I repaired the walls, only way way to enter and to attack.  But I got that pretty well fortified.

• Like 2

I guess no one can truly say until the CK is released, but do decorations really increase happiness? And surgical centers over bars?

Speaking of shops, anyone else having a problem getting settlers to use them? Seems like after assigning a settler to a shop, they never go there. They can barter wherever they're at, it's just finding them is sometimes an issue. (The new icons introduced in 1.3 help.) And sometimes (less common after 1.3), they won't offer to barter, only to trade (a few .38 rounds, a pipe pistol, and whatever outfit). Like at The Slog, I surround the whole place in concrete foundation three high (because of the Forged base nearby). On the side of the pool closer to the Forged base, I've got four shops. There's a really good amount of space above, on the sides, and between them. There shouldn't be any pathing issues keeping the settlers out from behind them. I'm wondering if I can confine them to the stalls somehow. Build little shacks with a bed and other amenities in there. And then assign them to the bed. So they just spend all the time in there and never leave. Then again, knowing my luck, they'll pace around in the back and not man the counter. Plus, I think settlers' positions reset when you leave the cell.

Reminds me — I saw a neat trick on YouTube where a guy made a hospital. He put his surgery center in one corner of a room. He'd assign one to a settler a good ways away. Then, while the settler was walking over there, he walled it off. You couldn't see it from any angle. This made the doctor walk around the room, which the YouTuber had set up as a waiting room. So this doctor was walking around, and I guess he was decked out in a lab coat and glasses or something, and he would provide medical services. Pretty cool setup that would pretty much only work with a surgery center. Or, I guess, you could set up a bar and a restaurant. Assign the restaurant and leave it be. Then assign the bar, and wall it off. So your bartender is just walking around trying to get in there, able to serve people around the room.

I'd ask if you've seen a volley of lasers and missiles fired at hostile targets (I've got my Slog so outfitted, again because of the Forged base) but the above video pretty much covers it. Not that I've ever climbed up there and sniped at the Forged, intentionally missing, to goad them into making a run at my base... nah, I wouldn't do that...

16 minutes ago, dragontology said:

Speaking of shops, anyone else having a problem getting settlers to use them? Seems like after assigning a settler to a shop, they never go there.

I'd ask if you've seen a volley of lasers and missiles fired at hostile targets (I've got my Slog so outfitted, again because of the Forged base) but the above video pretty much covers it. Not that I've ever climbed up there and sniped at the Forged, intentionally missing, to goad them into making a run at my base... nah, I wouldn't do that...

Shops are funny sometimes.  Sometimes, settlers do not go there or the game does not say that they are assigned.  Normally quitting the game fixes it.  Just an annoying bug.

And yea, I seen a volley of lasers and missiles ..haha.  2 missile launchers are 3 lasers.

So, not to get off-topic, but I've been binge watching this ABC show called Revenge (great show by the way, pretty much non-stop thrills) when a strange looking woman with a familiar voice shows up about a third of the way through the final season (no spoilers). So I hit up IMDb. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Piper Wright's voice actress. (Here's her IMDb page.) And yeah, sounds just like her. And now I've learned that she was in 8 episodes of True Blood and 11 of Dexter.

I immediately disliked her from the fo4 trailer but she grew on me as a companion, but that girl always walked in front of my perfectly lined up snipes. >.<

Guess who I saw today, Art and Art playing stormtroopers, I swear if I didn't keep killing one of them they would be at it all day.

Am I the only one who's noticed that Piper's introduction send to be about the only mocapped party of the game?  Those animations don't seem to exist anywhere else.

I tried using that while I was playing the game, with the map open on either my phone, or the Nexus Player (which doesn't natively support web browsing, but you can get Chrome on it and it pretty much mostly works). Giant pain in the neck though. Still looking for an elegant solution.

Edited by dragontology

4 minutes ago, dragontology said:

I tried using that while I was playing the game, with the map open on either my phone, or the Nexus Player (which doesn't natively support web browsing, but you can get Chrome on it and it pretty much mostly works). Giant pain in the neck though. If you have an Android device, you can get this, which is made by the same people and syncs with their site. Might have to throw that on my phone, or my wife's tablet.

nice....thanks

Ugh... the app is gutter trash. Doesn't actually have the integration (no way to log in), the search bar covers the top half and can't be moved/configured away, it's actually missing part of the top, and the app forces a wider resolution than my phone displays, leaving a white bar at the bottom. Recommended it before actually trying it. Sorry about that. Won't do that again...