On 2/1/2016 at 7:23 PM, soniqstylz said:

That has less info...unless I am missing something.

Just found out Hangman's settlement can be a settlement.  Only one I think I was missing.  So pretty much removed everything in the settlement and rebuilt.  Already got attacked by like 7 guys and only 3 people were in the settlement at the time.

6 hours ago, Tech Greek said:

I keep hoping for my bases to get attacked more (I know, crazy right?) but I enjoy the tower defense style. :shiftyninja:

1.3 patch, already out for the PC and consoles this week, is supposed to fix that.  Sanctuary never gets attacked for me but in anticipation of the update, I just upgraded my settlement with a bunch of laser turrets,  At 284 defense now. 

I already had a heavy turret on the 4 corners of the main house so the raiders stood no chance. :p

The 2nd attack was trickier, super mutants have a habit of spawning inside buildings so one was inside a building blocked off by my fort and taking pot shots out of all the windows, had to manually remove him. :shiftyninja:

52 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

I already had a heavy turret on the 4 corners of the main house so the raiders stood no chance. :p

The 2nd attack was trickier, super mutants have a habit of spawning inside buildings so one was inside a building blocked off by my fort and taking pot shots out of all the windows, had to manually remove him. :shiftyninja:

Ive seen mobs of 10 or more with rocket launchers and legendary s.    They get to be a pain.  I may tone down the defense at Sanctuary once I see how bad they get attacked.  But I am covered for now.  Upped defense at the drive in as well.

Yay, sounds like fun :p 

I should jump back in and raise my level, not seeing many legendarys. Speaking of levels, does anyone else think building XP feels a bit hollow? I went from 16-19 building my sanctuary fort, I would have preferred to earn those levels from combat and not by being indecisive about whether the floor planks should go N/S or E/W.

6 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Yay, sounds like fun :p 

I should jump back in and raise my level, not seeing many legendarys. Speaking of levels, does anyone else think building XP feels a bit hollow? I went from 16-19 building my sanctuary fort, I would have preferred to earn those levels from combat and not by being indecisive about whether the floor planks should go N/S or E/W.

2 missile turrets and 3 laser turrets trump those super mutants  :)

And that is just XP for developing your settlements.  So I can see how that would motivate people to build up settlements a little.

15 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

I should jump back in and raise my level, not seeing many legendarys.

Playing on Very hard right now.  Farming in the glowing sea.   I want that double shot gauss rifle.

4 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

You should try survival :p its not as bad as it sounds.

Been thinking about it . Found a 2 shot .50 hunting rifle the other day.  Does more DMG than the overseer rifle.  And I got my current gauss rufle, The Last Minute, that currently mows down enemies in VH difficulty. 

Right now I am freeing up space in the drive in.  Reached max settlement size so retooling things a bit.  And being on a console, no mods.  But saw this video which has helped a lot in freeing up space.  Plus, removed a couple water pumps and going to move water production to a diff settlement.

1 minute ago, Louisifer said:

You should move your water to Spectacle Island :D I think you can get 10,000 water per day

Yup, what I was thinking about.  Putting up defenses, little settlers, and plenty of pumps and power.  Then everything I get, I will scrap instead of sell for crafting material.  I have about 130k and I dont have to worry about cash anymore.  No mods or cheating.  One thing I do like about consoles...takes away the cheating temptation.

I dont equip mine with much and now with the new 1.3 mode you can actually see what settlers are assigned to, need to uniform them other than looks.

Tho, I did go and paint all my power armor with faction paint.  That way it actually looks nice instead of rusted pieces.  Last faction paint I need in the institutes and I think I can get it without dedicating myself to a certain faction. 

Paint as follows....

Minutemen - T45
Railroad - T51
Brotherhood of Steel - T60
Institute - X-01

I tried going to 35 Court at ~22 and could only find a T60, I reloaded my save from before I found it so I can try again in a few levels, I want my white armour. :(

17 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

I tried going to 35 Court at ~22 and could only find a T60, I reloaded my save from before I found it so I can try again in a few levels, I want my white armour. :(

I got 4 complete sets of X-01 Armor and another set that is missing 2 pieces. Found a few pieces of X-01 at Atom Cats but they are rare. 

Spoiler

And if you save Paladin Danse, you can assign him to a settlement and he puts on a set of X-01 armor (you end up being given his BOS armor by the BOS)  I have not tried making him get out of his X-01 armor tho but I am sure you can.

I'm not sure if I'm going to annoy BoS right away or use them first, one way gets me plenty of easy suit parts and the other gets me official full sets. :p 

lvl 29 is a pretty much guaranteed x-01 from 35 court and I'm pretty sure I found my first one around lvl 30 on normal, not sure if random spawns are scaled by difficulty though.

5 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

I'm not sure if I'm going to annoy BoS right away or use them first, one way gets me plenty of easy suit parts and the other gets me official full sets. :p 

lvl 29 is a pretty much guaranteed x-01 from 35 court and I'm pretty sure I found my first one around lvl 30 on normal, not sure if random spawns are scaled by difficulty though.

All BOS armor is is t60 with a diff paint job.  Same for Atom Cats armor.  BOS has 2 paint jobs.  Paladin, and Knight.

Higher level just increases ur chance of better armor.