That's why I gave myself all of them with console commands for this run. :p I still actually have to find the suits to use them on and that's easier said than done.

7 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

That's why I gave myself all of them with console commands for this run. :p I still actually have to find the suits to use them on and that's easier said than done.

So are there diff MM, and RR paint jobs when you side with them?

Not from the id's I was given, I do believe there are a few extra BoS painted parts that you can only use by looting the parts from the dead.

Spoiler

8rwGlB1.png

Elder - Paladin - Knight Sergeant - Knight

Not my picture, something I found on reddit.

14 hours ago, techbeck said:

1.3 patch, already out for the PC and consoles this week, is supposed to fix that.  Sanctuary never gets attacked for me but in anticipation of the update, I just upgraded my settlement with a bunch of laser turrets,  At 284 defense now. 

Ooooooh I'm excited! I hope it drops this week sooner than later!

I've had my Sanctuary attacked when I left the defense real low, first super mutants and then gunner conscripts. I REALLY wish they spawned outside of the base though as that's annoying to setup a perimeter and have them spawn inside your base.

This is likely to been asked a few times but ya know....

I have 117 hours on the game, I have all achievements (except 2 for bos), I  have 63 mods running and done all that fun stuff. I have the entire map cleared and have done all quests possible. At least the recorded amount of quests available, I have like maybe a couple missing, it's hard to tell.

Point being.....there are people who say they have 200, 300+ hours into the game. What the heck are they doing? What do I do next, have I missed something?

I like to play as a sniper, so I will be very patient when waiting for shots and sometimes I want to clear areas without being seen so I'll reload as many times as it takes to clear a place, things like that can add many hours of un-accounted for time. I try and avoid fast traveling, I wiped out the asylum around lvl14 on survival and I wasn't leaving any of the armour/guns so I spent the next hour or so walking while encumbered through areas I had already cleared (or hoped were clear) in search of work benches, I met many things on that journey that I would have missed by fast traveling.

For me its all about the journey, re-exploring places you've already cleared and experiencing all the random things that go on in the world, Steam says I have 316 hours played, 48 hours of that are my survival run and I still haven't been to Diamond City. :D

Oh, I don't take certain perks either like bobby pins never break/never get locked out of terminals/enemies lose track of you if you crouch/swim underwater, there's no fun if you take away punishment. :p 

I have never used a mod in Fo3/NV/4. :p 

• Like 1

I like up close and personal work most of the time.  Sniper places that are heavily fortified so I can pick off enemies...like those with fatmans.  Stopped using molotov cocktails .  Enemies are good at shooting them right when you throw them and no way to run and avoid damage if your dumbass companion steps out in front of you.  So i just use grenades instead.

And I do like to explore, legendary farm a little.   Settlement building...all this adds up to the time total of playing the game.  Some interesting places to explore.

I finally figured out how to group saves by faction instead of by name. :laugh:

Spoiler

"save type" _ "group ID" _ "name in hex" _ "location" _ "playtime DDHHMM" _ "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS" _ "level" _ "?"

---

1. Start a new game and name you character something descriptive and then save, eg Minutemen.
  2. Load up the save you want to be filtered and then re-save.
  3. Go to save folder and find those 2 new saves.
  4. Give the new save from '2' the group id of your new character.
  5. Next time you load up the game it will check which is the oldest save and name the group after that character (that's why I said to re-save your actual save after making the new character)
  6. Rinse and repeat for all the factions and you will have something that looks like this:

OpammB3.png

I advise you to minimise the game while editing saves or steam cloud will kindly replace the 'missing' saves for you.

2 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

You should try Strong :p I've never used him and never seen anyone use him.

I have him at one of my settlements.  Thinking of picking a settlement and having all the companions hang out there.  Most of them are at Sanctuary.

I have 205 hours in Fallout 4. I made a guy and got to level ~50 and sided with the Institute. Started over, and made a guy who did the other endings. First Brotherhood, then I reloaded, and did Railroad. I've spent a lot of time on settlements. I've also done all the companion quests except X8-66 or whatever his name is. I found him once outside Libertalia, but I sent him somewhere and I don't recall where. Oddly he doesn't hate me even though I blew up the Institute, though he might later. Danse certainly turned on me after I blew up the Prydwen. And his body remains in Sanctuary, unable to be scrapped or anything. I just finished the Silver Shroud quest line, and I think I'm done with named quests. All I have left is radiant quests with the Minutemen and Railroad. Though I think the Railroad's are finite, or at least some of them. I did the last MILA quest, and Desdemona gave me an assassination quest. Some Raider kingpin type holed up in a drug den near Bunker Hill. The quest had a 1 after it, like the Randolph safe house quests, so I suspect those might be finite as well.

Quick tip for making turret towers, courtesy of NoRespawns. This guy is starting to get serious respect on /r/FalloutSettlements over on Reddit. (I told y'all about him long before that, though. ;) ) Place a shack foundation, the kind with legs, where you want your tower. If you want it on the corner of a settlement's building area, give it about 5-6 feet on the sides it shares with the green "wall." Now clip a stairs to it (in Wood → Floors, right next to the shack foundation), and then clip a second shack foundation next to the stairs, above the first. Now store (not scrap, you might want to do it again) the stairs. Go to Junk Fences, and wall off the bottom. This is only for aesthetics. You could leave the bottom bare, but it looks cool like this. Now clip a couple tall stairs to it so you can get up there (TCL is no fun), and place your turrets. Store the stairs. Repeat as necessary.

I think you can get a small generator in the middle, but I'm using a mod that removes power as a requirement for the turrets, so F it. If you can't, just put the generator on the corner that faces into your settlement. Since I don't need a generator, I put a spotlight there. Spotlights provide great outdoor lighting.

Found myself a damn near holy grail. Never ending assault rifle. I also have a never ending 10mm handgun. I'd prefer a never ending combat rifle or shotgun, but the assault rifle is my new go-to. I left the Overseer's Guardian in Sanctuary, because that thing is just too overpowered. I might go back to it if I crank the difficulty up. No one challenges me, but I still die from cheap shots (snipers, rockets, mini nukes, etc). I play on Normal, don't really GAF about challenge, just want it fun. Probably will go up to Hard soon, though. Just so people don't die in 1-2 hits. That's too easy. But at level 67, I should be pretty good. If higher difficulty meant more XP, I'd definitely do it, since I want a bunch of perks I still don't have.

1 hour ago, dragontology said:

I left the Overseer's Guardian in Sanctuary, because that thing is just too overpowered. I might go back to it if I crank the difficulty up. No one challenges me, but I still die from cheap shots (snipers, rockets, mini nukes, etc). I play on Normal, don't really GAF about challenge, just want it fun. Probably will go up to Hard soon, though. Just so people don't die in 1-2 hits. That's too easy. But at level 67, I should be pretty good. If higher difficulty meant more XP, I'd definitely do it, since I want a bunch of perks I still don't have.

I got a 2 shot .50 rifle that is more powerful than the Overseers Guardian.  Reason the OG is mentioned so much is that is one of the most powerful weapons you can get the easiest.  I have found more powerful weapons from legendary enemies.

Close — the OG is mentioned so much because anyone can get it. Legendary stuff is random. Two-shot is a Legendary modifier that can be found on any gun in the game. I have a two-shot plasma pistol. Personally, the combat rifle is my favorite base gun type, so the two-shot OG is awesome, and it's great that anyone can get it. Though a two-shot SMG would be nice. There's a mod that lets you take the Legendary modifier off something and put it on something else. There's another one, or maybe it's a function of the same mod, that lets you put up to four or five Legendary modifiers on the same weapon or armor piece. But that's just too OP.

Are there any hidden quests I may have missed? I've done so many, and I think I've done them all. Which is kind of shocking, but it has been nearly three months and I've had the game since around noon on launch day. I mean, what are the most obscure quests that some people will miss? I just finished The Silver Shroud, and I've done the submarine one. Cleared the Museum of Witchcraft. And I even did the murder maze. That was such a letdown, but a cool little labyrinth I'm glad they made. I resolved the death of the guy whose wife was (seemed to be?) cheating on him, and both of Valentine's cold cases (the disappearance and Gilded Grasshopper).

Got all the settlements, but haven't gotten an approval rating north of 86% yet. I haven't tried the tricks you guys posted last week, though, but I have a place. I don't have any settlers at Red Rocket, and I saw a video tutorial on YouTube that says it's the perfect place to do it.

I was in Goodneighbour last night too and saw his familiar face in a memory pod then I bumped into him in that spot as well, I wonder where else we can see him :shiftyninja:

My post count matches my username now \o/ (again)

14 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

I was in Goodneighbour last night too and saw his familiar face in a memory pod then I bumped into him in that spot as well, I wonder where else we can see him :shiftyninja:

My post count matches my username now \o/ (again)

He's there disguised as a guard when you first get to Diamond City.

Does Deacon actually spy on you? Because when you first meet the Railroad, he knows a lot about you.

I've talked and fantasized about making my phone into an actual Pip-boy before the Pip-boy edition of Fallout 4 was even thought of, let alone announced. Well, I figured I'd find some way to put my phone on my wrist and use it like a Pip-boy, not so much actually build a Pip-boy replica. Well, now I have the tool that would let me, and now I'm not sure I want to. (It's entirely possible somebody has already done the work, though.) If you have Android (Google 'Nox' if you don't and want to play with it), you can get KLWP, which is a live wallpaper maker. But it's so powerful, it gives you complete control of every pixel on your screen. So you could take a green monochrome CRT background, apply it as the background, and build each screen in the app, translating each page of the Pip-boy (e.g. the first, stat screen, could be your settings toggles, clock, battery, etc.) to a page in the wallpaper — it supports up to 9 pages. So, I mean, if you have a phone small enough (4.8" or less, I think) you can put your phone in the Pip-boy. (And you can get el cheapo phones like the Moto E (MSRP $99.99) or Moto G ($199.99) used/refurbished for $50 or less and use that.) And you can use the Pip-boy app and simulate the actual Pip-boy, but you can also have a functional one with real-world usage, make the Pip-boy more than just a toy. An actual wrist-mounted computer.

Finally got the 1.3 for consoles.  Went thru my settlements since I can see who is assigned and who is not now, and I did pretty good.  Most in one settlement was 6...and that was one settlement.  Most settlements, everyone was assigned to a few unassigned here and there among the rest.

Spoiler

Tried to be greedy and take Danse's x-01 power armor.  But sadly, cannot make him get out of it and when you equip other power armor pieces, the X-01 does not show up in his inventory. 

Finally got Benevolent Leader, but I cheated... used a mod that makes happiness climb above 80%, which is where all my settlements were locked (some were lower). I really think either A) settlement happiness is straight up bugged or, B) Bethesda intentionally made it super hard to reach 100%, or to take a set event (e.g. time passed) to begin climbing north of 80%. The mod adds 40 food, water, and beds (though not really) to every settlement it's installed at (it appears to be a fuse box), plus 100 power, 100 defense, and 250 restaurants. As soon as I installed it (at the drive-in), happiness went to 82%, and slowly but surely began climbing. I think it took 2-3 in-game weeks to hit 100%. So people saying you can just do a couple things and wait a few days — das ist kuhscheiße. Or it's bugged. There's always one. (On Skyrim it was Oblivion Walker. Get all the Daedric artifacts. I did that 3 times before cheating.  Yes, I got Azura's Star. It was originally thought the Black Star wouldn't count, but since discovered it does. Yes, I kept the Masque of Clavicus Vile, and did not kill the dog for the Rueful Axe. (He's not really a dog anyway.) And yes I got the Savior's Hide, although the last time, I got both the Savior's Hide and the Ring of Hircine via a glitch. Yes, I got all 13 (14 with both the Hide and the Ring).) (There's a mod called Levelers Tower that includes an achievement-forcing console in a secret room not revealed on the mod page. I can tell you how to get there if anyone wants to know.)

In Fallout 4 news, you can read the official Twitter, but though I have a Twitter, I never use it or even check it... I like the Fallout community's vloggers. In short, the tweets said that, 1) Survival mode is getting overhauled... they specifically pointed to hunger, thirst, disease, sleep, and danger, but didn't elaborate. And 2), DLC is coming soon, stay tuned. FudgeMuppet goes into detail on Survival Mode while we watch him clear out Gunners Plaza in power armor. He touches on the DLC announcement, but it's clear his thing is the survival stuff. And StarLord just briefly covers both tweets while we watch him build at the drive-in. He doesn't go in depth as much, but while FudgeMuppet is expecting an announcement soon, a gameplay reveal at E3, and a release in the Fall, StarLord expects it all to happen much faster, like in the next couple weeks. But, they're both only speculating.

Not news, but I just wanna bring up NoRespawn's Castle Gatehouse. This guy is really cool. I've talked about him before, but this guy is just a wizard, and he's been focusing a lot on the Castle, and it's been inspiring to watch him work. Now that Benevolent Leader is out of the way, I want to focus more on making cool settlements, rather than aspiring to a bugged metric. And this guy is on PS4, so he has no mods, only the latest patch (I assume). And he covers the Castle Walls Fix mod, not sure the name, the one that adds two giant wall patches. It's nearly perfect, but he goes into how the world of Fallout shouldn't be perfect. It's amazing what he does. Basically, he starts out with the old-school concrete foundation fix, where you line up the foundations... but then he switches to the wooden legged foundations, takes out one or two in the middle, and what he ends up with just looks a thousand times better than the mod fixes. And then, if you look at his interiors, it'll make you wonder if somehow he got a bigger Castle than the rest of us. Settlement building is super frustrating, when things don't clip together well. And I think there's no shame in watching someone else do their thing, and taking a couple things into your own work. Nobody's copyrighting their settlements, nobody's saying, "You can't do this, this is my design," or "I did this thing first." It's all been real open, with some fine people sharing their tips and tricks. Not just this guy, but he's my favorite right now.

1.3 does have a nice draw distance increase on consoles. Doing another playthrough on PS4 with a gunslinger build (I went sniper on first playthrough).

Used this as a base but have made my own personal tweaks -