[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Getting BSOD with VirtualBox 4.3.16 when launching VM. It was OK with 4.3.12.

Haven't had crashes like that with the later builds but it's been buggy as all hell for me, been sticking with 4.3.12 (and more often than not VMWare) as the more current ones have some serious issues yet.

I do not like the idea of being forced to sign into my Microsoft account so far. 

I like how it is in Windows 8.1 where I don't have to sign in and it's a local account.

I do not like the idea of being forced to sign into my Microsoft account so far. 

I like how it is in Windows 8.1 where I don't have to sign in and it's a local account.

I think this is needed so your included in the Insider Program to receive updates.

From my few mins with the preview

They have changed a few things I've said I didn't like about Windows 8

They have now turned the confirmation dialog box on by default when deleting something (not quite sure which idiot thought it was a good idea to disable in Windows 8, but it's back now)

Animations are now MUCH better and don't feel as sluggish.

From the start Menu, I really don't see how to get to the start screen.

From my few mins with the preview

They have changed a few things I've said I didn't like about Windows 8

They have now turned the confirmation dialog box on by default when deleting something (not quite sure which idiot thought it was a good idea to disable in Windows 8, but it's back now)

Animations are now MUCH better and don't feel as sluggish.

From the start Menu, I really don't see how to get to the start screen.

You can find here (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-how-to#how-to=tab0) how to get to the start screen.

The setup is identical to 8.1. When it asks to create an MS account, tell it you want a local account instead, proceed as usual.

I hate fresh installs. I always run into problems with usb devices not working from the start.

Right now for a hour been trying to get my USB hub to work.

I hard it working.restarted system not now not working. Something to do with a devices not wanting to install with others connected

Thanks what I am thinking.

It's for updates and for feedback.  There are things turned on in this you can't turn off, like automatic windows updates, that can't be turned off in this version.   They also want to get feedback and you need the account working, also if you use this on more than one "device" say desktop and then maybe a laptop with touch they want to pair the data they get from the two devices and see how you use it depending on the type of device etc.

So Middle Click or Ctrl Click will not take you to the Start Screen? It's all or nothing?

At the moment anyway it looks like one or the other. May change down the road *shrug* but for now you need to pick one format and stick with it.

So Middle Click or Ctrl Click will not take you to the Start Screen? It's all or nothing?

Right now you either have to set it to use the start screen or the start menu, they don't have Continuum in this build so that the UI can change on the fly like they showed us.   So yeah, you have to switch it manually, and so far there's no real easy way to do it other than to go through the taskbar properties and change it.