[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

MS have removed the download links from the insider page in preparation for the new builds coming soon, they've also called the new builds "Technical Preview" still, not "Consumer Preview" or anything like that.  I need to re-install on a laptop now, but need the ISO again.  Anybody got the current 9879 x64 ISO URL I could have please?

9879 x64 ISO

You know this how?

They had it at the event, lots of the press there talked about it and posted picks on twitter. Besides, look at the February Xbox One update, it gas transparent tiles, all these UI elements are going to be shared.

Guys the transparent start menu is there, it was in the event but it's in a newer build, the one used by Phil to demo Xbox One streaming. If you look at the video, when he uses it there's no build watermark in the lower right of the screen. They hid it on purpose I'm sure, also the Xbox One is getting this right now, these UIs are the going to be the same.

If newer builds exist, why don't they just offer them as part of the beta program? Unless they are really unstable.

Not ready for testing or only contain minor updates. You don't want to exhaust users who might be testing application compatibility, etc.

If newer builds exist, why don't they just offer them as part of the beta program? Unless they are really unstable.

They're probably just buggy, I mean look at 9879, it was a mess at first. We'll see what's in 9926, but I expect to see really good stuff with whatever build we get in February.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else so I thought I'd post it here. The new Skype Messaging app for Windows 10.

<snip>

It's beautiful.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else so I thought I'd post it here. The new Skype Messaging app for Windows 10.

Sexy! No ads!

Project Spartan

2117.psatwjpb_2D00_image1.PNG

0435.psatwjpb_2D00_image2.png8865.psatwjpb_2D00_image5.png

1541.project_2D00_spartan_2D00_diagram.g

The first preview of Spartan will include:

• HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)
  • HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and Dynamic Adaptive Streaming of HTTP (DASH)
  • Video Tracks
  • DOM L3 XPath

Spartan Developer Tools will include:

• Improved Network Tool
  • HTML and CSS unminifier
  • Async Callstacks for Events and Timers
  • Sourcemaps for Styles and in the Memory Profiler from SASS or TypeScript
  • Find reference and go to definition

For example, 9901 has a stack issue where Windows Update and preview builds will not work, therefore I have to wipe and redo if I was dual booting, but I am on a VM so I would have to set up a new VM.

The messaging app.

I believe they are brining the WP messaging app to Windows, and not bringing back the Windows 8 messaging app, right? If that is the case hopefully Windows 10 will have SMS and MMS support.

Playlist of all Windows 10 clips.

Some details on updates, they will be a lot more fast paced now, along with a LTS version for business, with new security and critical updates still being compatible with it. Basically, Windows is moving to a rolling release cycle, kind of like Chrome OS with the automatic updates, sent directly to your PC.

And Windows will not be a subscription:

We announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch.

Office for the desktop is in development and will be talked about in later months, so metro Office will not be replacing Win32 Office.

All built in apps, Photos, Videos, Music, Maps, People & Messaging, and Mail & Calendar are now universal apps, they will look familiar on different devices and screen sizes, and will sync your content through OneDrive.

Windows 10 website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/about

(sign up to get offer details about getting Windows 10 for free)

I believe they are brining the WP messaging app to Windows, and not bringing back the Windows 8 messaging app, right? If that is the case hopefully Windows 10 will have SMS and MMS support.

Yes, they are making a universal messaging app, based on the hub one that used to be on WP.

• Like 3

People can't possibly complain about that one, it's cleaner than skype has ever been, heck it's cleaner than any IM application. 

Looks a lot like a Yosemite application, it's clear both OS X and Windows are moving towards a similar UI paradigm, which is fine with me. I've always preferred simple and clean UI, and it looks like this is exactly what Win10 will be.

A lot of people brought their Macbooks to the Windows 10 event..

attachicon.gifa0PAXYX_460s.jpg

attachicon.gifa2PBWL9_460s.jpg

I know lots of people with MacBooks who only run Windows on them. MacBooks are well made hardware and usually some of the best Windows machines out there.

w10_pc_messaging_16x9_en-us_012115.png

Where is the taskbar button for that app? :/

Where is the taskbar button for that app? :/

That's a motion study i.e. it has not been coded yet or is in the rough concept stage.