[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 (Build 10.0.10240) discussion & upgrade experience

Bah, it's too broken, tried to do a restore pc keeping files but with no apps to try to fix some problems, got into an endless reboot loop with some kind of "boot drive not available error" , so I gave up & restored an image of windows 7 I did just before the upgrade, now my pc works great again....

Think i'll wait a few more months to see if the problems get ironed out.

Also what's with all this I'm hearing about m/s collecting data on everything you do in windows 10...

There's a post out on Windows Central saying Windows 10 is installed on over 50million devices now.  If true, and they keep this up, they'll hit 200m or more by the end of this year.  I expected them to have 500million devices by July 2016 but they could zoom past that, at leas they have stronger OEM support and business support this time.

So, is there anywhere a good discussion about what data Windows 10 truly sends to Microsoft? There's a lot of terrible information being spread on the web and pretty much none of it is supported by any evidence. It's mostly FUD, but I would like to read something... I don't know, truthful and not sensationalist ;)

I expected more frequent App updates from MS in the first 2 weeks. The Apps are all kinda basic and all need some updates soon.

Egde needs full screen support for instance.

I still haven't figured out why Excel takes so long to start when I open an Excel file. Just starting the program goes at normal speed

I also expected frequent app updates. Some of them still look and behave like beta versions and contain lots of bugs that should be fixed ASAP (like the Mail app sometimes not switching to a different account, ignoring CTRL+C when composing new mail, insisting on spell checking and autocorrect even when disabled in system settings, etc, etc)...

BTW, Is there any way to import the old Mail app from Windows 8.1?

Just got new updates for Maps and Alarms. No obvious changes leap out at me.

Probably just bug fixes and so on, I don't expect new features or tweaks till the fall Windows 10 update, I believe it's going to bring a final round of API changes/updates with it and that might be what they're waiting for.   I too wish they'd update the apps faster though, Edge could use a new update once a week IMO.   Even if it's just one new standard added etc, there's no need for updates to be huge.

Probably just bug fixes and so on, I don't expect new features or tweaks till the fall Windows 10 update, I believe it's going to bring a final round of API changes/updates with it and that might be what they're waiting for.   I too wish they'd update the apps faster though, Edge could use a new update once a week IMO.   Even if it's just one new standard added etc, there's no need for updates to be huge.

Looks like they pushed an update to the Mail & Calendar app. Was rather looking forward to having the Mail app be able to check my email.

Looks like they pushed an update to the Mail & Calendar app. Was rather looking forward to having the Mail app be able to check my email.

179MB and don't have any idea what it did or fixed.

Don't know what I did but suddenly since this morning my Win10 RTM looks likes this.
So they must have the Windows 8 window decorations somewhere in there and just overridden them for W10.

Also does close, max, min buttons look very Windows 98 :)

I am gonna look into this.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Don't know what I did but suddenly since this morning my Win10 RTM looks likes this.
So they must have the Windows 8 window decorations somewhere in there and just overridden them for W10.

Also does close, max, min buttons look very Windows 98 :)

I am gonna look into this

Is your computer syncing with another machine that has a custom visual style?