How do you like windows 10

hi

how  do  you like  window  10   I just  got me  a  dell  laptop  with window  10 per install  on  it wish too me is the  best  way too go     so how many of you have  upgraded  too window  10  and how many  of you  have got in a new laptop  or  desktop or  tablet  with window  10 per installed  ???  

here is other  ? for  you   wish  do you like  better  having too  upgraded  too window 10 from window  7 or 8.1  or  having  a brand new laptop  with  window 10 all ready  per install  out of the  boxes

I all so  still have  my  4 moth old  HP  laptop  with  window  8.1  wish will be staying there     my new  dell window  10 PC  will be my  main OS   I never did  like the  hole  upgrading  bit  its way  better  too have window  10 come  per install  out of the boxes   so that way when you  get it  you don't have too do march if any thing  this  turn it on update  if it needs too have any thing updated  and  off  you  go

Been part of the Insider Program since the beginning, thus have to say it is an excellent OS. . .:yes:. . .Now I know that there will be other folks that will come on Neowin and just attempt to tear Windows 10 down, and tell those that will listen how shi. . . it is and that only fools would use it.  Instead of listening to them give it a try, and make up your own mind one way or the other.

It made me switch to Linux. Does that answer your question? Now if you excuse me, I need to go down to my basement and recompile my kernel. /s

Except that we all know you were on Linux prior to Windows 10 even existing.

Was "/s" supposed to include your entire comment?

Except that we all know you were on Linux prior to Windows 10 even existing.

Was "/s" supposed to include your entire comment?

Technically yes, I switched May 17, 2015. I ran preview build prior to that, however, my comment was mostly sarcastic. I switched because i damn well felt like it and has nothing to do with Microsoft. 

Technically yes, I switched May 17, 2015. I ran preview build prior to that, however, my comment was mostly sarcastic. I switched because i damn well felt like it and has nothing to do with Microsoft. 

Well at least you admit it was a troll comment.

I'm quite pleased. It is far from perfect and needs work, but it is a firm starting point for branching mobile and desktop development in the future - as well as bridging competing systems to make things more compatible for everyone (especially IT managers) with their continued licensing of tech on other platforms (Office, Cortana, etc, and the iOS porting, and possible Chrome/FF extensions for Edge, etc etc.) And doing this for very little out of pocket for owners while retaining most of the important aspects people wanted, there isn't much to really bitch about. It has improvements over Win7.

Waiting for more releases, especially for Edge.

here is other  ? for  you   wish  do you like  better  having too  upgraded  too window 10 from window  7 or 8.1  or  having  a brand new laptop  with  window 10 all ready  per install  out of the  boxes

It is almost always better to start from a fresh system install. The cost is possible loss of application settings and data, but sufficiently planned backups should make that not matter (I lost almost nothing in the upgrade), and frequent backups should be normal anyway.

I don't.

Also I'm not sure you weren't dead drunk while you were writing the original post.

Also I'm not sure you weren't dead drunk while you were writing the original post.

Or, like, not a native English speaker.

Or, like, not a native English speaker.

Right you are, he's Romanian. It's strange he chose a perfect English nickname.

i dont do much with the computer anymore. enjoying media stuff, occassionally a game. surfing around. so i dont care much how fancy or good the os is. windows will do the trick anyways.

from the standpoint of innovation or attractivity i find windows 10 underwhelming. its still a mess of different ideas. lacks consistency. the UI is far from beautiful. im glad its free, i would not like to pay money for this.

Been great for me, had a cheap laptop running the preview that did great, upgraded 2 desktops the day it was available and has been great so far with them 

Everything works, I did reinstall my nvidia drivers, but wasn't really needed, 

I upgraded on the day for two reasons: switching the start screen for a menu and trying out Cortana. Then I realised that Cortana doesn't work in my area. I switched my settings around so that it would work, but then had more issues so I switched it off again.

I also had an issue with my audio drivers. Every now and again when I plugged in my headphones the sound would disappear from the speakers but not output through the headphones. The only solution was restarting the machine and hoping it worked. Reinstalling the audio driver appears to have fixed that though. Now my only issue is with Flash, which shouldn't surprise me but I didn't have a problem before switching.

Aside from that, I'm impressed with how small and fast the OS is. The only thing I would ask for is tabs in Windows Explorer.

I upgraded on the day for two reasons: switching the start screen for a menu and trying out Cortana. Then I realised that Cortana doesn't work in my area. I switched my settings around so that it would work, but then had more issues so I switched it off again.

I also had an issue with my audio drivers. Every now and again when I plugged in my headphones the sound would disappear from the speakers but not output through the headphones. The only solution was restarting the machine and hoping it worked. Reinstalling the audio driver appears to have fixed that though. Now my only issue is with Flash, which shouldn't surprise me but I didn't have a problem before switching.

Aside from that, I'm impressed with how small and fast the OS is. The only thing I would ask for is tabs in Windows Explorer.

If you are still having this problem go into device manager and check to see if you have two HD drivers. . .if so delete one of them the do a restart this should fix the problem (I had the same problem, and what I just mentioned fixed the problem. . .hope this helps).

No sense of humor?

None.  Had someone done the opposite in a Linux thread, you and others would have crucified him/her.

I like Windows 10 well enough. Coming from Windows 8.1 it must be said that Windows 8.1 is a way, way more refined OS. Whether or not one liked all the features or UI of Windows 8.1, they were all 100% complete and stable. Nothing rocked the OS. Now, that gives me hope that Windows 10 will eventually reach that state, but now it is not there. It is still kinda undercooked. 

In a year or so, Windows 10 will be amazing, no doubt. Right now it's just good, but has a lot of room for improvement.

• Like 2

I like Windows 10 well enough. Coming from Windows 8.1 it must be said that Windows 8.1 is a way, way more refined OS. Whether or not one liked all the features or UI of Windows 8.1, they were all 100% complete and stable. Nothing rocked the OS. Now, that gives me hope that Windows 10 will eventually reach that state, but now it is not there. It is still kinda undercooked. 

In a year or so, Windows 10 will be amazing, no doubt. Right now it's just good, but has a lot of room for improvement.

You can't make  fair judgment by comparing between 3 years old OS stability and fresh OS stability

the inconsistent mess is driving me crazy... I had such high hopes for windows 10. but it just feels like they never intended on finishing the ui...

'What inconsistent mess?  Just making a statement without any backup is just that a inconsistent statement.  If you are able please explain in greater detail. . .:)

I like Windows 10 so much, and it has startup so faster than Windows 8.1. I've tested some old games, and it worked very well.

How is that abacus treating you?

'What inconsistent mess?  Just making a statement without any backup is just that a inconsistent statement.  If you are able please explain in greater detail. . .:)

Control panel vs pc settings is a big one. Some elements have hamburger elements, some ribbons, if you have apps many from the XP & 7 era have menus. The while title bars when the bottom task bar is dark is another. 

You can't make  fair judgment by comparing between 3 years old OS stability and fresh OS stability

Then why was it released? My coworkers laughed at me when I told them how aweful 10 was with a reply back saying yeah like MS would release a buggy OS. Well joke is now on them. 

Windows 7 was more stable beta1 than 10 RTM with only 1 real bug in 2009 with indexing mp3 files. It is the best OS. 8.1 too has issues with corrupted updates so it is not perfect. 10 in it's present state was unusable on my main workstation. I feel the press is praising it but in reality it is another WindowsME. It works or man it is messed up kind of scenario. 

The OS should not have been released to make back to school. It was not quality a RTM should be.