Kentucky clerk still won't issue same-sex marriage licenses

Now we have big brother telling a cake business they MUST make a cake for a same sex couple!?! 

I'm against giving financial incentives to businesses that don't follow rules. If the cake guy wants to not bake a cake for a same sex couple, then he can give up his corporate charter and other licenses. I don't have a problem with him baking or not baking cakes after that, he can do it without the enhanced legal protections and tax benefits. 

so an elected official is going to be thrown in jail by an unelected judge? something is ######ed up with this system.

I'm guessing you're not familiar with how our legal system works. See, judges, run things called courts and they follow things called laws. When someone breaks a law they're supposed to get punished.

I'm guessing you're not familiar with how our legal system works. See, judges, run things called courts and they follow things called laws. When someone breaks a law they're supposed to get punished.

yeah. but their power as "final arbiters of the law" is a power they just gave themselves.. the judges only have as much power as people are willing to enforce their rulings. the federal government has been overstepping it's bounds for decades and sooner or later the states are just going to give the federal courts the big middle finger.

yeah. it's a power they just gave themselves.. the judges only have as much power as people are willing to enforce their rulings. the federal government has been overstepping it's bounds for decades and sooner or later the states are just going to give the federal courts the big middle finger.

Whatever. How did that work out the last time it was tried?

55e797e03b76f_Capture_of_Jefferson_Davis
The capture of Jefferson Davis - NY Daily News

I think she's right. Now we have big brother telling a cake business they MUST make a cake for a same sex couple!?! 

I can't wait until Elul 29 ,a jewish date on the jewish calendar. we have desecrated marriage (2015) during the sabbath year and then again in 1973 a sabbath year again with Roe vs Wade. Elul 29 is a day of judgement on America.

Guess what happens? 1. debts are cleared 2. all financial accounts are cleared. So What I think is going to happen is, we saw that 1,000 point drop due to Chinas currency devaluation, the stock market will have a massive collapse. as a judgement.

do you know the location of where the colonists declared the GOD of Israel as our GOD? ground zero.. the SAME ground zero for 9-11 again another sabbath year. so by the 17th of Sept 2001, the stock market collapsed and the WTC towers as ground zero as mentioned before was judged.

I applaud this woman. she is standing up for her principles... those who stand for nothing, will fall for anything. I respect her for her stance. Judgement cometh! 8/11/15 UPDATE: Elul 29 = September 13th in 2015

"As noted in my April blog, "Jonathan Cahn: The Harbinger", there is an intriguing phenomenon surrounding the date of Elul 29 on the Jewish calendar.  As Rabbi Cahn discovered and spelled out in his book, The Harbinger, on this last day on the Jewish calendar in the last two Sabbatical Years, 2001 and 2008 (Sabbatical Years occur every seven years under Jewish tradition), two of the three largest point drops in the DJIA in stock market history occurred:"

I don't think this guy is joking....

I don't think this guy is joking....

Fun fact, the WTC site was mostly underwater when the Dutch colonists landed. So, unless they were making declarations in the Hudson river, the statement is full of carp.

First off, it doesn't matter who your "god" is or what religion you follow -- it doesn't matter the moment you start your daily job at a government office.

You see, we have this thing called "Freedom of Religion" here in America.  Since this County Clerk is an elected position she is in violation of the First Amendment - in her position as a representative of the government, she is using her religion to dictate the rules of her position, thereby giving the false representation that the government is favoring one religion over another.

The problem that I see is that if she is jailed, she'll become a "martyr" for the cause and inflame the religious right in the false belief that there is a so-called "war against christianity", which in all honestly is nothing more than a bunch of babies throwing a temper tantrum because they can't wave their religion in everyone's face and force it down our throats.

My personal recommendation is that she should be personally fined $10k per day, with a lien on all her real property in place to collect on the fine, for each day that she fails to perform her job or given the chance to resign her position.  While there are brainless idiots ready to throw money at the cause, their pockets only go so deep.  Eventually, the fines will pile up and she will be forced to resign.

As for the comment earlier about the cake bakers in Oregon - that's just blatant discrimination and they were treated like the bigots they are.  Oregon has a whole slate of laws about how business are supposed to operate and they do not tolerate any sort of discrimination.  Those idiots got what they deserved.

T

• Like 2

I think she's right. Now we have big brother telling a cake business they MUST make a cake for a same sex couple!?! 

I can't wait until Elul 29 ,a jewish date on the jewish calendar. we have desecrated marriage (2015) during the sabbath year and then again in 1973 a sabbath year again with Roe vs Wade. Elul 29 is a day of judgement on America.

Guess what happens? 1. debts are cleared 2. all financial accounts are cleared. So What I think is going to happen is, we saw that 1,000 point drop due to Chinas currency devaluation, the stock market will have a massive collapse. as a judgement.

do you know the location of where the colonists declared the GOD of Israel as our GOD? ground zero.. the SAME ground zero for 9-11 again another sabbath year. so by the 17th of Sept 2001, the stock market collapsed and the WTC towers as ground zero as mentioned before was judged.

I applaud this woman. she is standing up for her principles... those who stand for nothing, will fall for anything. I respect her for her stance. Judgement cometh! 8/11/15 UPDATE: Elul 29 = September 13th in 2015

"As noted in my April blog, "Jonathan Cahn: The Harbinger", there is an intriguing phenomenon surrounding the date of Elul 29 on the Jewish calendar.  As Rabbi Cahn discovered and spelled out in his book, The Harbinger, on this last day on the Jewish calendar in the last two Sabbatical Years, 2001 and 2008 (Sabbatical Years occur every seven years under Jewish tradition), two of the three largest point drops in the DJIA in stock market history occurred:"

ScreenShot052[1].jpg

You posted in the wrong forum section again. That happens when the tin foil is wrapped to tight. 

• Like 2

yeah. but their power as "final arbiters of the law" is a power they just gave themselves.. the judges only have as much power as people are willing to enforce their rulings. the federal government has been overstepping it's bounds for decades and sooner or later the states are just going to give the federal courts the big middle finger.

Hold up, you're saying anyone can be a federal judge and just give themselves power? Hell where do I sign up? All this time I thought federal judges were appointed by a POTUS and confirmed by the Senate. Damn you misleading social studies. 

I just love the fact that shes been married 3 other times, which goes against the Bible as well. Bit hypocritical and it doesn't phase her

Still its not same as marrying same sex person. So what if she marries 3 men. The problem happens when a man marries a man or a woman marries a woman.

Still its not same as marrying same sex person. So what if she marries 3 men. The problem happens when a man marries a man or a woman marries a woman.

You must not be familiar with the story book she is referencing. It's in there too.

There is also her adultery, lets not forget that. 

• Like 2

However, why did these 2 guys go here when they knew it was going to cause problems ?  If they simply wanted to get married, why go to the County that has a known problem with giving same sex licenses ?  They can get a license anywhere.

Because this is their Country? Where their taxes go?

watch out you might hurt you're back bending like that.

This women doesn't work for a privately run cake business where the choice is ultimately down to you make the cake or not (although it'd be pretty effing ignorant if you didn't), this is a woman working for the government, on the governments payroll and should bloody well be doing the job the government is paying her too!

Also, what the hell was the rest of that crap you posted? I'll happily put money up to say none of that s*** is going to happen. I'll remember because the 12th is my birthday, so i can expect to come here on the 13th and watch as the stock market collapses because some Jewish folk cleared some debts (which is pretty unbelievable any way)? 

• Like 1

I wasnt trying to turn things around - I was just wondering if they were hoping or knowingly going to stir up some crap.  I think they have every right to live or love whomever they want - it doesnt affect me 1 bit.  I was kind of wondering "out loud" if they went to that specific courthouse because they knew she would be against it.

Possible but doubtful. The clerk refused marriage licenses to straight couples and, if these gay couples were indeed coming from another county, it would have been put on the table by now. And, since it is a federal rights, location of the courthouse should not matter.

After that, unless something really bizarre judicially speaking happens, these couples are going to get their marriage licenses ultimately and they will celebrate. Standing up for their rights and exposing the clerk Kim Davis as a bigot is going to make a really nice and tasteful cherry on top of the wedding cake.

I was going to reply to Chris but decided not to but I can't figure out how to remove it.

The marriages are documented in court records obtained by U.S. News, which show that Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis divorced three times, first in 1994, then 2006 and again in 2008.

She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second. Davis worked at the clerk's office at the time of each divorce and has since remarried.

Davis has described her desire to strictly adhere to the Bible in stark terms and thus far has shown no sign of bending to court orders on same-sex marriage. She said Tuesday she fears going to hell for violating "a central teaching" of the Bible if she complies with the orders.

source: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times?src=usn_tw

And this woman stands in moral judgment of others. No words come to my mind that won't get blocked by Neowin.

ScreenShot052[1].jpg

So gay marriage is to blame for financial crisis in 1998 when gay marriage was not even an issue? Man, God has really upgraded from locusts and blood rivers to financial turmoil ....

Alternatively, Rick Wiles: Blame Gay Marriage And Abortion Rights For Financial Turmoil but Pat Robertson: Market Crash God's Punishment For Abortion Rights, Planned Parenthood Funding for some light-hearted reading.

Anyway, can we move that to September 15th instead of September 13th ? because on September 15th, the military exercise Jade Helm 15 is supposedly finished and there are other conspiracies that would go well on that date.

I was going to reply to Chris but decided not to but I can't figure out how to remove it.

source: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times?src=usn_tw

And this woman stands in moral judgment of others. No words come to my mind that won't get blocked by Neowin.

Well at least she isnt a child molester like the last one :s