Kentucky clerk still won't issue same-sex marriage licenses

Oath Keepers: Kim Davis Has Our Protection From Imprisonment
Friday, 11 Sep 2015

Oath Keepers offered on Thursday to protect county clerk Kim Davis from "illegal imprisonment" by government authorities, and the group said it is already on the ground in Kentucky, standing ready to take action.

In a post on its website, Oath Keepers, a group that bills itself as a non-partisan organization pledging to defend the Constitution, accused a federal court judge of overstepping his bounds by putting Davis in jail. Davis, a clerk in Rowan County, had refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, citing her religious freedom as the reason she failed to follow the law. She was imprisoned last week for five days before finally being released on Tuesday.

"We would like to stress in the strongest terms possible that we are doing this not because of her views on gay marriage, but because she is an elected public servant who has been illegally arrested and held without due process," Oath Keepers' Jason Van Tatenhove wrote on the website.

The group's founder, Stewart Rhodes, a Yale Law School graduate, said on the website that Judge David Bunning "is violating the Constitution in his anger and desire to punish her for going against his will."

"We are already being subjected to an unconstitutional imperial presidency, that grew exponentially under both Bush and Obama, expanding the claimed war powers of the president to swallow up our Bill of Rights and circumvent jury trial," Rhodes said. "The result is an executive branch that claims the absurd power to declare any American an 'unlawful combatant' on the say-so of the president alone.'"

Source:  http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/oath-keepers-kim-davis-protect-imprisonment/2015/09/11/id/688091/#ixzz3lSqi2rQY

I don't really understand what all the excitement is about. It's her job to give out marriage licenses whether she likes too or not. If she pouts about it and refuses to do her job because says its "against her religious beliefs" tell her to take her religious beliefs and shove them up her butt and oh by the way YOUR FIRED! .. Next...

• Like 2

Oath Keepers: Kim Davis Has Our Protection From Imprisonment
Friday, 11 Sep 2015

Oath Keepers offered on Thursday to protect county clerk Kim Davis from "illegal imprisonment" by government authorities, and the group said it is already on the ground in Kentucky, standing ready to take action.

In a post on its website, Oath Keepers, a group that bills itself as a non-partisan organization pledging to defend the Constitution, accused a federal court judge of overstepping his bounds by putting Davis in jail. Davis, a clerk in Rowan County, had refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, citing her religious freedom as the reason she failed to follow the law. She was imprisoned last week for five days before finally being released on Tuesday.

"We would like to stress in the strongest terms possible that we are doing this not because of her views on gay marriage, but because she is an elected public servant who has been illegally arrested and held without due process," Oath Keepers' Jason Van Tatenhove wrote on the website.

The group's founder, Stewart Rhodes, a Yale Law School graduate, said on the website that Judge David Bunning "is violating the Constitution in his anger and desire to punish her for going against his will."

"We are already being subjected to an unconstitutional imperial presidency, that grew exponentially under both Bush and Obama, expanding the claimed war powers of the president to swallow up our Bill of Rights and circumvent jury trial," Rhodes said. "The result is an executive branch that claims the absurd power to declare any American an 'unlawful combatant' on the say-so of the president alone.'"

Source:  http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/oath-keepers-kim-davis-protect-imprisonment/2015/09/11/id/688091/#ixzz3lSqi2rQY

Except that she wasn't jailed without due process. She was given a judicial order to issue marriage licenses, she refused and was found in contempt of court. That's an automatic jail sentence.

If she does it again, and these idiots get in the way, throw them ALL in prison.

• Like 3

Except that she wasn't jailed without due process. She was given a judicial order to issue marriage licenses, she refused and was found in contempt of court. That's an automatic jail sentence.

If she does it again, and these idiots get in the way, throw them ALL in prison.

Well,  that would work if the 'oath keepers' would remove their 'government is evil, Obama will start a civil war' glasses but they are just a far right extremist anti-everything militia. They came to light during the Bundy ranch stand off in Nevada when they protected 'Negro' expert Clive Bundy who does not recognize the federal government and does not want to pay his taxes.

Here is some more context:

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes told a Montana “patriot movement” radio program last week that the government is using the Jade Helm 15 military training exercise — a routine exercise that has become the center of an elaborate far-right conspiracy theory — to test who in the military and elected office will resist a future implementation of martial law. - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/stewart-rhodes-government-using-jade-helm-vet-military-politicians-future-takeover#sthash.samaTup2.dpuf

In a speech to the New York chapter of his Oath Keepers organization last month, Stewart Rhodes encouraged his group’s members to organize and stock up on food in order to resist the government’s plan to institute martial law after bringing down the country with an economic collapse, a race war, ISIS attacks and unchecked immigration. - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/oath-keepers-head-government-planning-unleash-isis-attacks-race-war-economic-collapse-order-#sthash.1ZooY1nG.dpuf

You see, perfectly sane people...

I can't believe that Huckabee, Cruz and some others are still allowed to run for President.

If you show such a lack of understanding of your own Constitution, you should be banned from running for the highest office of the country.

The government needs to come down hard on this. If they give her a finger you will see more and more people trying to get away with this sort onf nonsense

I don't really understand what all the excitement is about. It's her job to give out marriage licenses whether she likes too or not. If she pouts about it and refuses to do her job because says its "against her religious beliefs" tell her to take her religious beliefs and shove them up her butt and oh by the way YOUR FIRED! .. Next...

From what I have read, she was elected to the position.

Kim Davis files appeal to continue denying same-sex marriage licences

A Kentucky county clerk who was recently jailed for denying same-sex couples marriage licences filed an appeal Friday that would allow her to continue blocking the licences.

Kim Davis filed the motion with the Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.

Davis, the elected clerk for Rowan County, Ky., objects to same-sex marriage on religious grounds. She has said that as an Apostolic Christian, she believes it is a sin and refuses to violate her conscience by signing her name on the licences.

Davis argues that all the same-sex couples who sued her for a licence received one from her deputies while she was in jail, so her office should not be required to issue them to any more couples once she returns to work. 

U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning wrote that his mandate to issue licences applied to all couples, not only those who filed lawsuits. But Davis's lawyers allege that order was issued improperly and again have asked for a delay.

Most officials across the U.S. have started to issue marriage licences to gay couples after the Supreme Court in June effectively legalized gay marriage nationwide. But Davis refused, was declared to be in contempt of court and jailed for five days.

Kim Davis files appeal

This woman is a clown and anyone who defends her are equally clownish. 

• Like 2

The Kentucky county clerk at the center of a national firestorm over her refusal to issue same-sex marriage licenses vowed Monday -- just days after her release from jail -- that she would not prevent her office from issuing such licenses but would not personally authorize them either. 

Kim Davis, the clerk for Rowan County, detailed what she described as a "remedy" during a brief press conference as she returned to work for the first time since her jailing. 

Whether that "remedy" satisfies the courts -- or undermines the legal validity of the licenses -- remains to be seen. 

Under Davis' new plan, her deputy clerks will be allowed to issue gay marriage licenses if they choose. She said she would not take action against them. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/14/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-due-to-return-to-work-monday/

Just more proof that this was a "hey look at me, I need attention and am a total bitch" incident.  She was given this option by the judge and she refused and was put in jail.  I am betting religion had little to nothing to do with this.  This woman is antigay and was on a power trip, period.

Two quotes from http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/defiant-davis-wont-authorize-marriage-licenses/ar-AAegvmV?ocid=spartandhp

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A defiant Kentucky clerk said Monday she will not interfere with her deputies if they keep issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, but she declared they will not be authorized by her and questioned their validity.

It was Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis' first day back in the office after a stint in jail for five days for defying a federal judge.

"I don't want to have this conflict. I don't want to be in the spotlight. And I certainly don't want to be a whipping post," Davis said, reading from a hand-written statement outside the courthouse where she works. "I am no hero. I'm just a person that's been transformed by the grace of God, who wants to work, be with my family. I just want to serve my neighbors quietly without violating my conscience."

No, no, no. You own it. You and the homophobic Liberty Counsel wanted that spotlight. Your hypocrisy and the victim card playing is flabbergasting.

On Friday, Davis' attorneys filed an appeal seeking another delay in issuing licenses.

In their motion to the Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, her attorneys argued that all the same-sex couples who sued Davis for a license received one from her deputies while she was in jail. Therefore, they said, her office should not be required to issue them to any more couples once she returns to work.

Bunning wrote that his mandate to issue licenses applied to all couples, not only those who filed suit. But Davis' lawyers allege that order was issued improperly, and again have asked for a delay.

So, to get a marriage license in that county, you would have to sue .... brilliant, just awesome. That stupidity drama is going to continue for days

• Like 3

Anyone read about the Liberty Counsel representing Davis?  Talk about a bunch of shady people.

The Southern Poverty Law Center defines the Liberty Counsel as an anti-LGBT hate group: https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2015/02/09/anti-lgbt-hate-group-represent-alabama-judges-refusing-perform-same-sex-marriages

The interesting thing is that this article is datedfrom February 2015. So Kim Davis is not their first theatrical act.

I am thinking that the Liberty Counsel thought they struck gold when Kim Davis came under the spotlight. A rather simple, born again christian women, easy to make her look like a victim, some sort of modern Joan of Arc. There are other judges or county clerks who did not get the coverage or the assistance of that 'Liberty Counsel' group. Now, I am wondering if Kim Davis was not manipulated by the members of this group as they gain some good free publicty from that. I am going to bet that Kim Davis is going to be forgotten by the Liberty Counsel as soon as they found a more marketable person for the fabricated gay crusade against christians.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2015/09/11/liberty-counsel-has-history-advising-clients-defy-law

Another Liberty Council case....idiots.

Kidnapping suspect Lisa Miller was also a Liberty Counsel client and, like Davis, was encouraged to break the law by defying court orders. But Miller’s case went very wrong for the Liberty Counsel, and even years later, it continues to unravel, no matter how hard the Counsel tries to avoid it or ignore it.

Back in 2003, Lisa Miller left her then-partner Janet Jenkins, with whom she’d been in a civil union in Vermont. Miller took their daughter with her. Miller moved to Virginia, claiming she was no longer a lesbian. A custody battle ensued. The Liberty Counsel came to Miller’s aid in 2004. Mat Staver (then dean of Liberty University School of Law as well as chair of the Liberty Counsel) and Rena Lindevaldsen (Liberty Counsel and Liberty Law) were Miller’s lead attorneys. 

Over the next few years, Miller repeatedly refused to allow her daughter to see Jenkins in direct defiance of court orders. The Liberty Counsel enjoyed a lot of publicity over the case, and kept trying to “rally support” for Miller and the Counsel’s work on the case. Staver and Lindevaldsen even included the case in their required Foundations of Law class at Liberty School of Law, where it was used to teach students that the “right” thing for a lawyer to do in such a case is to counsel their client that they have an obligation to ignore the law and engage in “civil disobedience” in order to uphold God’s law.

But in 2009 things started to go off the rails. A family court in Vermont ruled that Miller transfer full custody of the child to Jenkins by Jan. 1, 2010. Instead, Miller fled the country, taking her daughter to Central America where they allegedly remain. And at that point, Liberty Counsel – which had worked long and hard to make Miller their cause cèlebré – went silent, hurriedly shutting down a Facebook page that Lindevaldsen had established to support Miller. Lindevaldsen also requested to be removed as Miller’s attorney, but the request was rejected. Perhaps she decided to be removed given Miller is wanted by the FBI and Interpol for international kidnapping.

Court again denies Kim Davis' bid to delay marriage licenses

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Embattled Kentucky clerk Kim Davis "has not demonstrated a substantial likelihood of success" in her legal bid to exempt her office from licensing same-sex marriages, a federal appeals court reiterated Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/court-again-denies-kim-davis-bid-delay-marriage-000933307.html

I think she's right. Now we have big brother telling a cake business they MUST make a cake for a same sex couple!?! 

I can't wait until Elul 29 ,a jewish date on the jewish calendar. we have desecrated marriage (2015) during the sabbath year and then again in 1973 a sabbath year again with Roe vs Wade. Elul 29 is a day of judgement on America.

Guess what happens? 1. debts are cleared 2. all financial accounts are cleared. So What I think is going to happen is, we saw that 1,000 point drop due to Chinas currency devaluation, the stock market will have a massive collapse. as a judgement.

do you know the location of where the colonists declared the GOD of Israel as our GOD? ground zero.. the SAME ground zero for 9-11 again another sabbath year. so by the 17th of Sept 2001, the stock market collapsed and the WTC towers as ground zero as mentioned before was judged.

I applaud this woman. she is standing up for her principles... those who stand for nothing, will fall for anything. I respect her for her stance. Judgement cometh! 8/11/15 UPDATE: Elul 29 = September 13th in 2015

"As noted in my April blog, "Jonathan Cahn: The Harbinger", there is an intriguing phenomenon surrounding the date of Elul 29 on the Jewish calendar.  As Rabbi Cahn discovered and spelled out in his book, The Harbinger, on this last day on the Jewish calendar in the last two Sabbatical Years, 2001 and 2008 (Sabbatical Years occur every seven years under Jewish tradition), two of the three largest point drops in the DJIA in stock market history occurred:"

ScreenShot052[1].jpg

lol

it's not like she DIDN'T know that she was going be have to serve these drinks. in todays age, its always one minority person, minority meaning a person of their own accord, thinks they can dictate to others what they will/ will not do and everyone is supposed to go by it.