Xbox One 'New Experience' Update

MikeChipshop

New Features Coming to Xbox One Preview and Xbox Beta App this Month (Posted on January 19, 2016 at 6:00 am)

OS version: 10.0.10586.1026 (th2_xbox_rel_1510.151217-1035) fre

Release date

1/07/2016

New or updated features

• Minor performance improvements

-----

Got this through this morning and wondered what others thought of it?

Ive not a huge amount of time play with it, but so far I'm definitely liking the 'Guide' and the 'OneGuide' is far more TV guide like than before, the picture in picture is a pretty nice tough so you an still see what's on the TV while brown the guide.

i was worried TV and entertainment may take a back seat but thankfully it doesn't appear so, with a whole home tab dedicated to it.

MikeChipshop

Having played with it for a few hours now (ooer), there's a hell of a lot of bugs to be squashed and issues to sort. Not that it bothers me (after all i signed up to test!) .

Currently having an issue connecting to "Services" so even though i can play games online, everything else on the box is missing. No store, no suggestions, most pages on the dash are now blank, no settings actually change if you try to change them and... most importantly, i can't access the preview app to actually report these things :p

It's also currently quite sluggish compared to the older UI, which i'm aware other people thought was slow, but i never did.
Have done a hard refresh, nothing sorted it, so i'll come back to it later, give it another refresh and see if that makes a difference.

George P

All the bugs in the first release of this is why I didn't opt in right away.  I think I'll just wait for it to go final and get it with everyone else that way, no real rush.

• Like 3
MikeChipshop

Yeah exactly, no real rush. Apart from what i've mentioned, ad the list provided by MS (many of which don't affect me) the box is responding nicely and the experience is pretty good. Really liking the new TV Guide too.

SnoopZ

I got this today too, have tried a few games and they work fine, Elite Dangerous and COD Advance.

Problems

Does anyone else have a problem using the built in Media Player, i can't get it to list most of my content from a TMS media server and it fails to play any MKV content without a terrible stutter?

MikeChipshop

Not tried the media player just yet, I'll give t a go tonight.

apart from that, not really encountered any other issues, the whole everything blank on sign in, rectified itself.

SnoopZ

Not tried the media player just yet, I'll give t a go tonight.

apart from that, not really encountered any other issues, the whole everything blank on sign in, rectified itself.

Please let me know if you manage to load the media player past the first screen to where the folders are ( i cant do this anymore) and whether you can play MKV media, this is on an TMS media server via wireless, if i play MKV via a USB stick they play fine. :)

• Like 1
xendrome

Haven't gotten the prompt yet "EnrollChangePending" still for me.

SnoopZ

When you get the update you will find out when you turn the console on it is about 1134MB in size and takes a while.

Some of it does feel a little sluggish which is expected but it is my media player TMS server issue that is bugging me more than anything.

Edited by SnoopZ
MikeChipshop

Please let me know if you manage to load the media player past the first screen to where the folders are ( i cant do this anymore) and whether you can play MKV media, this is on an TMS media server via wireless, if i play MKV via a USB stick they play fine. :)

Didn't get a chance to try it out last night. I'll have a look when i get back from work and report back. 

George P

I really wish the media player would work with network shares, last time I looked it didn't support that.

SnoopZ

Didn't get a chance to try it out last night. I'll have a look when i get back from work and report back. 

After messing with the tms share folders on the media server( not really sure what i did) i now get access to the bottom 3 folders in media player on the x1 and see my movie files.

I now have a situation where only SOME of the MKVs play fine the others are slow and choppy, all played fine before on the old xbox os, so i can only hope they fix that.

George P

After messing with the tms share folders on the media server( not really sure what i did) i now get access to the bottom 3 folders in media player on the x1 and see my movie files.

I now have a situation where only SOME of the MKVs play fine the others are slow and choppy, all played fine before on the old xbox os, so i can only hope they fix that.

I'm betting the media player/music player both get updated later once the new dash is done, heck we should finally be able to get music playback in the background like we had on the 360 I expect. 

Woelfel

Only issue that's bothering me is when it shows the TV app, my audio takes a while to start or the audio is all echo-y. And signing in takes a while.

Dinggus

I'm still pending, I'd like to see the new UI.

MikeChipshop

I'm betting the media player/music player both get updated later once the new dash is done, heck we should finally be able to get music playback in the background like we had on the 360 I expect. 

I'll bet you're probably right.

Only issue that's bothering me is when it shows the TV app, my audio takes a while to start or the audio is all echo-y. And signing in takes a while.

Same here, restarting the app usually fixes it. Have reported it.

SnoopZ

Hopefully as my affected MKVs that play with an unwatchable stutter when using my wireless TMS Mybook server play just fine when put on a USB stick and played through the same Media Player and they worked just fine on the old OS.

Nogib

Been stuck with the same here.

SnoopZ

Been stuck with the same here.

I think they add more people in batches and i was on the batch from last weekend.

Showan

I've fiddled with the new Xbox Dash last night.

1). For me everything thing is snappy (which I love), but at times it seems overly sensitive (dash is very jumpy)

2). Snapping friends i notices some cut off in the text.

3). Some games didn't work initially (NBA2K16, Halo:MCC, CoD:AW), but a hard reset seems to have fixed this issue

4). My games and apps are all on and 4TB WD External Drive, and it's about a 5sec delay from when the games/apps will pop up (for me at least)

5). Kinect moves with a bit more speed. (but on some of the pages, "Next Page" command is missing, so Kinect doesn't understand the command)

George P

More people are getting the new dash today, they opened it up to the next batch of preview members it sounds like.

LostCat

I hope I'm this week, though I know it won't really do anything for me.  heh

Matthew S.

Mine updated when i got home from work this morning. 

SnoopZ

Hopefully as my affected MKVs that play with an unwatchable stutter when using my wireless TMS Mybook server play just fine when put on a USB stick and played through the same Media Player and they worked just fine on the old OS.

Just an update on my MKV stutter issue.

When this happens all I have to do is fast forward approx 30 seconds and all plays normally again, I have bug reported on the dash.

KeR

How is the Cortana integration? That is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to? 

• zhangm changed the title to X1 system update for the masses!
  • Andrew pinned this topic
  • Andrew unpinned this topic