Xbox One 'New Experience' Update

Just got a message today, well, this morning or last night, don't remember exactly when, long story short, they're going to be moving ALL PREVIEW members to the new NX, so if you still don't want it till it goes final you'll have to actually opt-out of the insider program it sounds like.  I'm guessing this means they're pushing out a near final RC of it to everyone for wide spread testing before the last push to GA.

I think MS have huge guts doing that right before Halo 5's release with all the bugs I've seen. I hope it goes well.

TV Tuner no longer randomly shuts down the xbox (like a power off w/o error message). 

Glad they got the TV stuff ironed out, as that is why I left the new experience a couple weeks ago. Now I look forward to it.

Quite sluggish for me with the video stuttering too - but not just MKV, all video files.. even Playback on Netflix.

NowTV doesn't work and neither does Amazon.

All to be expected though really.. although I would have expected to see the general performance improvements.

Quite sluggish for me with the video stuttering too - but not just MKV, all video files.. even Playback on Netflix.

NowTV doesn't work and neither does Amazon.

All to be expected though really.. although I would have expected to see the general performance improvements.

Did you get over the stuttering on video files by fast forwarding 30 seconds then possibly rewinding a couple to make it normal again like myself?

I have had the new OS for about 2 weeks or so and I am finally going to Opt Out. It keeps getting worse with each update.
I do not have many problems but the problems I do have are all related to Live TV.
Since this is how my entire family watches TV, not just myself, it has become a real issue.
Yesterday for some reason it took 3 restarts for the video of the cable box to finally show. Audio was playing no problem, just no picture.
Luckily I install all of my games on an external, so doing a factory restore should not be a huge deal.
I also much prefer the older OS to this new one, but there is nothing I can do about that as this is the new OS moving forward.

i wonder if we are getting different versions of the newest update...

Whenever I go to tv, it always says signal lost, and then several seconds later tv is working fine.

I think MS have huge guts doing that right before Halo 5's release with all the bugs I've seen. I hope it goes well.

remember this is for preview members who opted in.

halo 5 is gonna be officially released before the official nxoe is.

remember this is for preview members who opted in.

halo 5 is gonna be officially released before the official nxoe is

That's still a very large population of people who aren't used to this many problems.

That's still a very large population of people who aren't used to this many problems.

Meh, given the way the win10 and win10mo previews have been I'm not surprised at all.

I might not've been prepared for them, but I kind of expected them nonetheless.

Meh, given the way the win10 and win10mo previews have been I'm not surprised at all.

I might not've been prepared for them, but I kind of expected them nonetheless.

Well, we'll see. It's a good way for MS to get rid of unwanted "testers" that do nothing and make room for others.

From what I heard from my friend who's been in the PP for over a year, it was never this bad before Windows 10.

Well, we'll see. It's a good way for MS to get rid of unwanted "testers" that do nothing and make room for others.

From what I heard from my friend who's been in the PP for over a year, it was never this bad before Windows 10.

I don't think people who opt out are being removed from the preview program, from what it said when I did.

Not sure what all it said except that I can re-enroll.

Did you get over the stuttering on video files by fast forwarding 30 seconds then possibly rewinding a couple to make it normal again like myself?

Gonna try later mate & see if it sorts it, cheers

I don't think people who opt out are being removed from the preview program, from what it said when I did.

Not sure what all it said except that I can re-enroll.

They will once it hits general preview. Opting out then means from the entire program.

I have been reading a lot of positive stuff about the latest preview update patch addressing most of the issues. But I will still wait until they push it to me.

I've been having all sorts of sign in problems with the W10 dash. Auto-sign in worked flawlessly on previous Previews. Not sure what they've done...

As for the UI...I'm not a fan. The side menu is so slow and clunky to open. There's so much space wasted with elongated tiles. I don't like having to scroll all the way down for pins either. They're supposed to be quick access, not hidden.

The side menu is so slow and clunky to open. There's so much space wasted with elongated tiles. I don't like having to scroll all the way down for pins either. They're supposed to be quick access, not hidden.

Glad it's just not me. The sidebar has always been really slow for me, but absolutely fine with my mates :/

With regards to the pins, just press the right trigger and that should take you straight to pins.

• Like 1

I've been having all sorts of sign in problems with the W10 dash. Auto-sign in worked flawlessly on previous Previews. Not sure what they've done...

As for the UI...I'm not a fan. The side menu is so slow and clunky to open. There's so much space wasted with elongated tiles. I don't like having to scroll all the way down for pins either. They're supposed to be quick access, not hidden.

you dont have to scroll down for pins LT and RT will bring you to the bottom and top in a single click.

• Like 1

I used to have problems with auto sign in until i found the buried option (in older builds) to let Kinect identify me again, since then it has been 100% fine, in the latest build the option is not hidden anymore and easy to find when not signed in.

You mean the option that's always been under the user select at the top and still is ? "I was not recognized" and it will update your identification.

You mean the option that's always been under the user select at the top and still is ? "I was not recognized" and it will update your identification.

Yes, but i think it wasn't in the earlier builds unless i am mistaken? In the original dash it was always under the username when logging in but i never remember seeing it a few builds ago.

I used to have problems with auto sign in until i found the buried option (in older builds) to let Kinect identify me again, since then it has been 100% fine, in the latest build the option is not hidden anymore and easy to find when not signed in.

I've never used Kinect. It's the normal account sign-in I use. Has that changed in the Win10 build?

I've never used Kinect. It's the normal account sign-in I use. Has that changed in the Win10 build?

i only ever did manual from the left hand menu if kinect didn't sign me in, there are loads of options for signing in though in settings which I am sure you have checked to try and fix your issue?

i only ever did manual from the left hand menu if kinect didn't sign me in, there are loads of options for signing in though in settings which I am sure you have checked to try and fix your issue?

Yeah, Instant Sign In is enabled and my account is selected as normal. It's pretty annoying as even when I use the manual menu on the left it won't work. I have to restart the console or type in my password (even more of a pain).

Yeah, Instant Sign In is enabled and my account is selected as normal. It's pretty annoying as even when I use the manual menu on the left it won't work. I have to restart the console or type in my password (even more of a pain).

i would try selecting another sign in option, then going back into the options and selecting instant sign in again as unselecting kinect and then selecting it again is what made it work again for me, so maybe your settings have gone pear shaped too?

Gonna try later mate & see if it sorts it, cheers

Did my stuttering fix work for you? I just used it again, fast forwarded 30 seconds it still stuttered, then went back 5 seconds and it played fine. :)