Xbox One 'New Experience' Update

How is the Cortana integration? That is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to? 

Cortana is not included yet. 

Got the dashboard today and I like the new sidebar. Its very responsive and handy to have those shortcuts available.  However, in my experience, the overall UI responsiveness is still more sluggish than I'd like.  For the most part, I do like the overall redesign. Just need to work on responsiveness still IMO.  It's still early though. 

very buggy,i sometimes get chinese characters instead of english text, app/game crashes,but that's why we joined, to test and report bugs, not to get prerelease software, right guys? ;) 

My lord, this update is buggy for me. Constant hard crashes, failing to connect to XBL, one guide not working, YouTube failing, TV freezing, and suddenly just got this amusing message....image.thumb.jpeg.93615c5fa9be3354bacf87e

• Like 2

My lord, this update is buggy for me. Constant hard crashes, failing to connect to XBL, one guide not working, YouTube failing, TV freezing, and suddenly just got this amusing message....image.thumb.jpeg.93615c5fa9be3354bacf87e

Yup, it has been nothing but problems for me. I went back in the settings and opted out. It reverted me back to the old dashboard, and it runs fast again and no more crashes.

Yup, it has been nothing but problems for me. I went back in the settings and opted out. It reverted me back to the old dashboard, and it runs fast again and no more crashes.

I don't blame you to be honest. I'm happy to continue and give my feedback (when the preview app works), but I can see why some would opt out.

I finally got it this morning and so far it's been quite nice.

Kind of expected more Backwards Compatibility titles to be included with the OS update, but not that surprised I guess.

I take it the playing music in the background thing isn't in yet?  I was hoping to do some of that while playing Destiny, but the old way is annoying.

• Like 1

I finally got it this morning and so far it's been quite nice.

Kind of expected more Backwards Compatibility titles to be included with the OS update, but not that surprised I guess.

I take it the playing music in the background thing isn't in yet?  I was hoping to do some of that while playing Destiny, but the old way is annoying.

Phil said background music is a ways off.

Definitely like the new OS.  Everything's like boom, done.

I haven't encountered any issues yet so maybe I just got in late enough in the game to not see them.

Try playing MKV from a wireless network drive you may find they often stutter at the start, I get over this by fast forwarding 30 seconds.

Try playing MKV from a wireless network drive you may find they often stutter at the start, I get over this by fast forwarding 30 seconds.

I don't really do local streaming at all, but fair enough.

The OS seemed to be having issues with the EA Access app just now.  Heh.

Edited by randomevent

I don't really do local streaming at all, but fair enough.

The OS seemed to be having issues with the EA Access app just now.  Heh.

Not having issues with EA Access app here as downloading Battlefield Hardline atm.

It was while snapped to the left of the groove music app, didn't want to go back to the main screen.  First time I'd seen those nondescript errors people had been mentioning.

The app itself was working fine.

Not having issues with EA Access app here as downloading Battlefield Hardline atm.

I turned on my XB1 this morning and found that I have the new UI. I am in the preview program but I was just wondering if I got the beta or if it was released. I'm surprised nothing was on the main page about it. It's really nice, breathes new life into the already best console out there.

Yeah I know it's in preview. I just wondered if it was released. I thought I remembered reading that it was coming out in October?

Yeah I know it's in preview. I just wondered if it was released. I thought I remembered reading that it was coming out in October?

public release would be sometime in November ..   For now we preview members use preview for now to test..