Xbox One 'New Experience' Update

You may consider a hard reset of the console if that doesn't fix it, have you downloaded the latest 3GB update i am guessing that maybe RTM seeing the public get it on the 12th.

Not at all i have had every update this week, there has been 4 with this last 1, the previous update was only last Friday and that was about 346meg.

You must have missed one, they only download a 3GB update if you've missed an update. 

You must have missed one, they only download a 3GB update if you've missed an update. 

Well was there 1 yesterday? As i downloaded 1 on Thursday and 1 on Friday.

The numbering system does suggest i missed 2 but as i said i download 1 on Friday at maybe 3pm GMT, so there must have been atleast 2 more if they stuck to their numbering system between then and over Saturday, which seems very strange as that is more frequent than normal and over a weekend.

But i now do agree it looks like i have missed 2, may have to put the Xbox into 'instant on' mode again.

Edited by SnoopZ

I was playing today and forgot to check if it updated at all since the last time, i'll keep an eye out later tonight when I fire it up again. It also seems my activity feed issues are specific to the Greece location setting, be it on the console or the web. I just tested it out on the web, when you scroll down to the bottom you can change the location, I tried changing it to US, UK, Spain, and in all three cases the feed shows up correctly. Seems like achievements and game clips aren't being synchronized with the Greek Xbox Live servers or something. I only get messages and friend adding posts in the feed.

Yeah I only saw the freezing cut scenes once, each subsequent attempt starts me at that same place, which is right at the start of the playable game.

Thanks for trying. Let's see if my re-install has an effect. 47GB might take a few minutes to download though ;)

Did the reinstall fix your issue?

Did the reinstall fix your issue?

Reinstalled, and also removed my personal data for the game to make it all start over. Freezing in the opening cut scene again, then eventually gets to gameplay and crashes the console. I'm going to ping a twitter DM over to Mike Ybarra to ask if he thinks a hard console reset would help. I'd prefer not to if I can help it, don't want to have to reinstall everything.

I guess your last option is a hard reset though, failing that there maybe something wrong with your console, but it is strange it is only that game that has gone pear shaped!

I guess your last option is a hard reset though, failing that there maybe something wrong with your console, but it is strange it is only that game that has gone pear shaped!

Indeed. Everything else is fine. Loving Halo 5 :)

Indeed. Everything else is fine. Loving Halo 5 :)

I once had 1 demo on the Xbox 360 that would never work properly, it stuttered or wouldn't load, everything else was fine, i swapped the HDD over from a friends and it played fine after that! 

Have you got an external drive? If not why not! lol they cost around £70 for 2TB and it is a no brainer and smaller than a pack of playing cards. If you do have 1 and it is not installed on that try it.

Reinstalled, and also removed my personal data for the game to make it all start over. Freezing in the opening cut scene again, then eventually gets to gameplay and crashes the console. I'm going to ping a twitter DM over to Mike Ybarra to ask if he thinks a hard console reset would help. I'd prefer not to if I can help it, don't want to have to reinstall everything.

Get an external HDD, dump all the games and apps on there. This makes the process of a hard console refresh a piece of cake. Takes no time at all and no redownloading everything (with the exception of the new dash). 

I think I need to check the version of mine, if it silently updates in the night.

I never get any updates when I start up for the last couple of weeks while you guys seems to get them daily :p

I think I need to check the version of mine, if it silently updates in the night.

I never get any updates when I start up for the last couple of weeks while you guys seems to get them daily :p

Mine does this too as i have it set to, but mid last week i got one that i had to do manually for some reason.

Seems like I'm missing out of the incremental updates! Played around with dash a few weeks ago but then my Xbox was put into storage. Probably won't have the chance until it's officially out now :(

I did notice the issue with the slowness of the guide when it first starts up, like others have said it looks to be related to having an external HDD plugged in. When I first boot up it's slow, and then I get an notification to say that the HDD is now ready. After that, there's no issues. 

Todays update put me on 1006 which was built on the 7th, so Saturday, I think they're just pushing it out to some people faster than others and so on. If there's nothing else wrong they can find then I believe this build will be the final one everyone gets. After this it will be interesting to see what other monthly updates we get going forward, or if they slow down now that we get this big one.

I have a feeling that we won't get a December update and at best we'll see something in January.

Currently at 1006. Final should be releasing tomorrow. Anyone knows if 1006 is the final build?

Well, since tomorrow is the due date and us in the preview haven't gotten anything newer than 1006 I think it's looking like the final version. At the most we might all get something like 1007 tomorrow but I don't expect that to happen.

Well, since tomorrow is the due date and us in the preview haven't gotten anything newer than 1006 I think it's looking like the final version. At the most we might all get something like 1007 tomorrow but I don't expect that to happen.

Alright, thank you.