Paris attacks: More than 120 killed at Bataclan and restaurants

downplay? that's like the only thing they are talking about on tv right now

Obama was on national TV 12-16 hours before saying we contained ISIS before the Paris Attack. ISIS was involved

Obama was on national TV 12-16 hours before saying we contained ISIS before the Paris Attack. ISIS was involved

Let the Obama blame game begin!

I was wondering how long it would be until someone blames Obama for an attack in Paris.

Tell me, how does if feel to hate Obama so much?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, please show some respect in this time of solidarity!

My parents said if this country goes to hell they will just move to Texas were they aren't afraid to carry and will be the one place they won't hit because most of the population is armed.

Edited by warwagon

I was wondering how long it would be until someone blames Obama for an attack in Paris.

http://www.tpnn.com/2015/07/31/video-isis-leader-admits-they-are-being-funded-by-the-obama-administration/

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/11/14/3722277/muslims-condemn-paris-attacks-pope-francis/

Now can we all stop blaming the "Syrian Refugee's" and the entire Muslim population for something that a handful of people did, which ISIS is claiming to have orchestrated? 

This is the work of ISIS, end of. 

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world and it's estimated that there are only between 9,000 to 18,0000 Islamic State fighters, and one could argue that they IS aren't even Muslim since there actions go against their regilion

I tried reading through this thread, alas, my brain wanted to escape from the sheer idiocy and ignorance shown by many in this thread. Mostly our conservative American friends.

Here's a thought to ponder for you: Has it ever occurred to you that what happened in Paris yesterday is exactly the kind of ###### the Syrian refugees want to escape from? 

The population of Indonesia is 88% Muslim yet all you can do is point to one attack from thirteen years ago? Hardly compelling evidence. And that would mean the UK is also filled with Muslim extremists because of the 7th July bombings, which simply isn't the case.

The issue isn't the religion, it's the culture. People like Anders Breivik and the IRA have used Christianity to just acts of terrorism, while other Christians have blown up abortion clinics, yet that doesn't mean all Christians are extremists. If religion was to blame then you'd expect every country with a Muslim majority to be in utter chaos, which simply isn't the case.

That said, the world would be a much better place if religion didn't exist. Irrational beliefs should not be encouraged.

Muslims arn't the problem at all. Some are really nice people (as evidenced here with some of the community members).

What is the problem is Islam. Especially the demented view that ISIS have of it. 

1.6 Million Radicals In France - Ben Shapiro: The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

Clear cut logic. Deal with it.

He didn't blame Obama, he was just mentioned that the President was stating that ISIS was contained, which obviously the attack in Paris shows that wasn't true.

We all know the only way to contain ISIS is by eliminating all of them, but you can't beat terrorism.

He didn't blame Obama, he was just mentioned that the President was stating that ISIS was contained, which obviously the attack in Paris shows that wasn't true.

We all know the only way to contain ISIS is by eliminating all of them, but you can't beat terrorism.

The statement was taken out of context.

This is what he actually said:

“From the start, our goal has been first to contain, and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq. And in Syria it -- they'll come in, they'll leave. But you don't see this systematic march by ISIL across the terrain."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't help but notice how it has become almost religion to some people to blame Obama.

It doesn't matter if a nation is in mourning or whatever so as long as one can bash Obama.

• Like 3

The statement was taken out of context.

This is what he actually said:

“From the start, our goal has been first to contain, and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq. And in Syria it -- they'll come in, they'll leave. But you don't see this systematic march by ISIL across the terrain."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't help but notice how it has become almost religion to some people to blame Obama.

It doesn't matter if a nation is in mourning or whatever so as long as one can bash Obama.

Where is the guy you quoted earlier blaming Obama? No one has so far that I have seen.

thank you. Some folks like to run around with their heads in the sand and beleve whatever the mainstream media regurgitate. Then that reporter from MSNBC was more worried about the global climate conference 

Here's the NBC news video that Obama has them contained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3jady8bIc&feature=youtu.be  and out of the UK http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees 

thank you. Some folks like to run around with their heads in the sand and beleve whatever the mainstream media regurgitate. Then that reporter from MSNBC was more worried about the global climate conference 

Here's the NBC news video that Obama has them contained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3jady8bIc&feature=youtu.be  and out of the UK http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees 

It was already explained to you what Obama said and how o was misinterpreted.  He said they have contained their ability to take large swathes of land.  And that's 100% true.  Which part are you confused about?

It was already explained to you what Obama said and how o was misinterpreted.  He said they have contained their ability to take large swathes of land.  And that's 100% true.  Which part are you confused about?

I don't know, how about the supposedly 4,000 gunmen who have blended in with refugees and entered all over Europe?

I don't know, how about the supposedly 4,000 gunmen who have blended in with refugees and entered all over Europe?

Key word being "supposedly", and once again, Obama didn't talk about that.  He talked about the ability of ISIS to take over large territories and he's 100% right when he said that ability has been taken away.  Are you people seriously not getting that?

Here's the NBC news video that Obama has them contained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3jady8bIc&feature=youtu.be 

chrisj, how about showing some respect for the lives lost to an act of terror and cowardice. Instead you drag Obama into this thread, please stop, the thread is not about him.

• Like 2

chrisj, how about showing some respect for the lives lost to an act of terror and cowardice. Instead you drag Obama into this thread, please stop, the thread is not about him.

sorry to offend your sensabilities. No one likes the loss of life, but the truth shall set you free. remember, Germany's leader was saying ALL Euro nations must taken in a certain quota of "supposed" refugees right? then the article that ISIS admits infiltrating Europe... don't try to sell me off as uncaring, I'm mad as hell

sorry to offend your sensabilities. No one likes the loss of life, but the truth shall set you free. remember, Germany's leader was saying ALL Euro nations must taken in a certain quota of "supposed" refugees right? then the article that ISIS admits infiltrating Europe... don't try to sell me off as uncaring, I'm mad as hell

Your kind of truth won't set anyone free, don't be so foolish.  You sold yourself as being uncaring with your inane, off-topic remarks.

Sad irony? Really? Did they have any compassion for those 128 people they just massacred? And the more people they are gonna continue to kill if we don't stop them. Give me a break.

the irony is they are saying the exact same thing....

Your kind of truth won't set anyone free, don't be so foolish.  You sold yourself as being uncaring with your inane, off-topic remarks.

You need to to relax. we'll settle the facts further as time goes on. Don't YOU try to tell me how I feel or how I'm acting. stand in the same room with me and we can discuss uncaring remark. I'm more ###### about the attacks then you are. I have MANY french friends who were fortunately unhurt but think the way I do.

that....right there.... is why this will never stop

You missed the sarcasm. Israelis simply defending themselves. If palestinian civilivans would simply stop trying to kill them, nothing would happen. Quote: " the killing of Palestinian civilians" 

My parents said if this country goes to hell they will just move to Texas were they aren't afraid to carry and will be the one place they won't hit because most of the population is armed.

Are they crazy?

in Texas, there has been 1200+ firearm homicides average yearly with only 25 million people.

In France, there has been 35 (now 160+) firearm homicides average yearly with 66 million people.

They DRASTICALLY more likely to die from a firearm in Texas then France. (I know they don't live in France, just comparing and saying being "armed" DOES NOT make anyone safe, it makes it more NOT safe)

You need to to relax. we'll settle the facts further as time goes on. Don't YOU try to tell me how I feel or how I'm acting. stand in the same room with me and we can discuss uncaring remark. I'm more ###### about the attacks then you are. I have MANY french friends who were fortunately unhurt but think the way I do.

You tell him not to tell you how your feeling, then do exactly the same by claiming you're more upset than he...

Pot. Kettle.

Israelis simply defending themselves. If palestinian civilivans would simply stop trying to kill them, nothing would happen.

This is where the problem seems to occur. Muslim's say "they kill us." The reply is "That's because you killed them." which is countered by "Yes but it's not an issue killing them."

Are they crazy?

in Texas, there has been 1200+ firearm homicides average yearly with only 25 million people.

In France, there has been 35 (now 160+) firearm homicides average yearly with 66 million people.

They DRASTICALLY more likely to die from a firearm in Texas then France. (I know they don't live in France, just comparing and saying being "armed" DOES NOT make anyone safe, it makes it more NOT safe)

Nope not nuts. But if things did go to hell, they would at least like the opportunity to protect themselves.