Bugs & things we are aware of for IPB 4.1

4 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

in the past the grace period where simply wether it showed edited by or not, no tick box. untill the second no edit possible grace period. 

I was not talking about that.  

Talking about grace period for the tick option for edited tag line. We didn't have this before ..  

I know this very well in old versions in the past.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

I was not talking about that.  

Talking about grace period for the tick option for edited tag line. We didn't have this before ..  

I know this very well in old versions in the past.   

But what's the difference ?

in the past > 1st 5 min: no edit by, after 5 min, edited by shown. After longer, no edit possible.

Now> 1st 5 min: Tick box to show eited by or not, after 5 min, no tick box, edited by shown. After longer I assume no edit possible. 

it's the same thing, you can just choose to show that it as edited if you fix typos early...

1 minute ago, HawkMan said:

in the past > 1st 5 min: no edit by, after 5 min, edited by shown. After longer, no edit possible.

Now> 1st 5 min: Tick box to show eited by or not, after 5 min, no tick box, edited by shown. After longer I assume no edit possible. 

it's the same thing, you can just choose to show that it as edited if you fix typos early...

Forget it.   You don't get what I meant...  

12 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

He actually gets it (Y) 

9 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Forget it.   You don't get what I meant...  

so what di you mean then, it's not a complicated issue. 

that's how it was and this is how it is.  And among the problsm with IPB, no "edited by" beign ther eor not, or even the length of edits isn't going to affect the amount of users. 

3 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I have enabled a 5 minute grace period for edits, for typos.. after 5 minutes members can't untick the show edit checkbox (if it works as intended). This is because we don't have our 'grace period for edits' mod yet.

Thanks.  I had  a couple members recently edit their posts after I quoted them...then come back and try to stir something up claiming I only quoted what suited my needs.  If people knew how to act and not pull these childhood antics, they I wouldnt see a need for it.

30 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

a broken picture?

Urn, IPB4.1's default method Is better than the old method used In 4.0. I would have suggested against your Idea, but it seems I'm a tad late.

Edited by LimeMaster
Pointless new requirement

One thing I noticed that after a while the tabs in Chrome show the "paused audio" symbol, even if audio beeps for notifications are disabled.

Anything we can do about that? Pretty irritating having those symbols on a few tabs I like to keep open :/

8 hours ago, .stan said:
One thing I noticed that after a while the tabs in Chrome show the "paused audio" symbol, even if audio beeps for notifications are disabled.

Anything we can do about that? Pretty irritating having those symbols on a few tabs I like to keep open :/

I have seen that icon on IPB's own site, I think its more a flag you are inactive on that site now i.e. it isnt polling for thread changes etc. I dont *think* chrome shows a paused icon for things like paused youtube videos etc, only an icon to indicate sound went through the tab in the last few seconds.

the quoting system is all messed up too. Is there an easy way to delete a quote? Like how about have an X?

I'm also seeing that old quotes keep appearing when I go to type something. I have to delete the old stuff, then go back up and re-quote

6 hours ago, warwagon said:

the quoting system is all messed up too. Is there an easy way to delete a quote? Like how about have an X?

I'm also seeing that old quotes keep appearing when I go to type something. I have to delete the old stuff, then go back up and re-quote

Click the icon shown (appears when you mouse over the quote) then hit delete.

f51e489fe02048c5a6793ae20f40dcde.png

6 hours ago, Dashel said:

Turn off the god damn 'edited by' ######.

Correct and replace it with version numbers.

Ah edit of only a few words in the post brings the post version number up to 1.03 .. Reword a lot of the post and the version goes up to 1.5.

Scrap the entire post and start over and the version number is 2.0

This way, I can look at a version number and see if I should reread the same post again.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Correct and replace it with version numbers.

The 3rd edit of only 2 words in the post brings the post version number up to 1.03 .. Reword a lot of the post and the version goes up to 1.5.

Scrap the entire post and start over and the version number is 2.0

This way, I can look at a version number and see if I should reread the same post again.

Instead of putting in all that effort, it should just be removed altogether.

Just now, LimeMaster said:

Instead of putting in all that effort, it should just be removed altogether.

What should be removed all together? I've been dreaming of a version number feature for a while.

Just now, warwagon said:

What should be removed all together? I've been dreaming of a version number feature for a while.

I have my reasons for not wanting it:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1281790-reverting-behavior/

And I don't think version number edits are much better. In fact, it would require extra coding or an addition plugin, so more work for the devs,

2 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I have my reasons for not wanting it:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1281790-reverting-behavior/

And I don't think version number edits are much better. In fact, it would require extra coding or an addition plugin, so more work for the devs,

2 things

1) WOW i've been dreaming about it longer than I thought ... https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1057400-post-version-numbers-based-on-how-many-times-the-post-gets-edited/    Since 2012

2) I want to see when a member edits their post.

Can we get someone to fix Quotes?

I can go into a new thread i've never been in and quote someone on that page, and it'll then go and quote someone from some other part of the forum and with nothing to do with the topic, and it is intuitive in which you must delete quoted posts.. you must first delete the contents of the post then you can click outside of the quote box then backspace to remove the quote block. Surely there must be an easier way to quote people and have the correct quotes come up.

Just now, warwagon said:

2 things

1) WOW i've been dreaming about it longer than I thought ... https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1057400-post-version-numbers-based-on-how-many-times-the-post-gets-edited/    Since 2012

2) I want to see when a member edits their post.

I'll copy your format for this post.

Two things:

1) Sometimes things are not meant to be.

2) Members don't need to see this information. They only need to see the post. They do not need to know how many times its been altered.