Bugs & things we are aware of for IPB 4.1

Well Chrome mobile, at least on my N6 running the latest Marshmallow release, as you can see, is farked. :p  I can't reply to or quote a post, I just get that stupid box...

I have posted a topic on IPS in the hope that someone was able to debug why it happens, you can see it here: https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/424445-editor-does-not-always-show-also-here-on-ips-ipb-4152/ but you'll need to be a customer (I think) to access that forum.

For the record, I tried posting there last night and the editor wouldn't load for me, this morning it did without any issue :s 

9 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I have posted a topic on IPS in the hope that someone was able to debug why it happens, you can see it here: https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/424445-editor-does-not-always-show-also-here-on-ips-ipb-4152/ but you'll need to be a customer (I think) to access that forum.

For the record, I tried posting there last night and the editor wouldn't load for me, this morning it did without any issue :s 

Password please? :p Just kidding, a topic screenshot will do fine.

Also, this issue has been there since 4.0, so I have no clue as to why it's only getting brought up now.

25 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Password please? :p Just kidding, a topic screenshot will do fine.

Also, this issue has been there since 4.0, so I have no clue as to why it's only getting brought up now.

It is far more prevalent now. 

Am I right in thinking that the following post and others like it, will remain forever borked?...

The first post should show a whole list of components. An earlier upgrade messed with the formatting, and recent upgrades annihilated it.

Yes the devs told me they were going to attempt to fx the broken posts, but I'll bug them about it some other time, today very little will happen on the dev side I imagine!

Not really a huge bugbear, but I've noticed on IE 11, that when you activate the notifications drop down after logging in, the drop down dissappears as soon as you move the mouse, and you'll need to activate the notifications a second time to click into them. 

I haven't been able to reproduce this on Chrome or Firefox.

On 12/28/2015 at 3:50 AM, Dot Matrix said:

Not really a huge bugbear, but I've noticed on IE 11, that when you activate the notifications drop down after logging in, the drop down dissappears as soon as you move the mouse, and you'll need to activate the notifications a second time to click into them. 

I haven't been able to reproduce this on Chrome or Firefox.

Happens to me in Chrome all the time. Especially on the main page.

On 12/4/2015 at 4:47 AM, LimeMaster said:

Probably laugh, because most forums usually require the BBCodes for images, and so did Neowin up until recently.

bbcodes are antiquated.

15 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Links in user's signatures (I'm guessing added before the update) is broken - they just link back to the forum topic. Try Neobond's signature links for example.

It's not just signatures. I'm yet to find a working forum link in posts made in 2014 or earlier.

5 minutes ago, superj707 said:

bbcodes are antiquated.

Maybe so, but they still seem to be used on most forums today.  Invision probably could have made the transition easier by gradually removing it,

15 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Maybe so, but they still seem to be used on most forums today.  Invision probably could have made the transition easier by gradually removing it,

They wanted to build a next gen framework from the ground up. They still offer the 3.x version for people who are not ready for next level stuff.

The more legacy clutter they packed into IP4 the slower it would have been. I am glad they made something focused only on the way forward. They are the only forum solution in town to do so.

Change is never easy, but it's good in this case I feel.

21 minutes ago, superj707 said:

bbcodes are antiquated.

Of course...  all you do is copy and paste the links/images into the post before you submit.

No need to use BBcodes like in the past....   Things change these days which help your life easier and quicker instead of typing down the bbcodes like we did in the 3.x and older.

22 minutes ago, superj707 said:

They wanted to build a next gen framework from the ground up. They still offer the 3.x version for people who are not ready for next level stuff.

The more legacy clutter they packed into IP4 the slower it would have been. I am glad they made something focused only on the way forward. They are the only forum solution in town to do so.

Whilst I can see why they did it, it has caused problems. Most people need to be lured into things gradually, otherwise they'll just give up & leave. The userbase of Neowin proves this, as there was a lot more active posters before the upgrade.

1 hour ago, superj707 said:

Can't imagine how it could be any slower, it's already pretty much the slowest forum solution out there 

33 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Whilst I can see why they did it, it has caused problems. Most people need to be lured into things gradually, otherwise they'll just give up & leave. The userbase of Neowin proves this, as there was a lot more active posters before the upgrade.

I can understand that if it were more difficult but gradually ease into EASY?  "oh you mean now, I don't have to use bbcode? All I have to do is put my content in the box? TO EASY!! I QUIT" ... LOL Dullards

4 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Can't imagine how it could be any slower, it's already pretty much the slowest forum solution out there 

It's also the most functional right out of the box! There is always a trade off. Good thing they didn't bulk it up with loads of legacy crap