Could this be malware?

19 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

Have you got a spare HDD/SSD you could also try?

No I don't. My SSD's are brand new and this is why I bought them so it's something with Windows. I did notice it's mostly when I open a windows and it stutters when it refreshes the window.

6 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

No I don't. My SSD's are brand new and this is why I bought them so it's something with Windows. I did notice it's mostly when I open a windows and it stutters when it refreshes the window.

What happened when you uninstalled Eset guess that didn't work but you haven't replied back about that yet? :)

Oh sorry. Yes I uninstalled Eset and still got the stuttering. I just cannot put my finger on it. It's never happened before and I can't figure out what I did to start it. Nothing I do seems to quell it. I even turned off Onedrive and, search and indexing.

Just now, devnulllore said:

Oh sorry. Yes I uninstalled Eset and still got the stuttering. I just cannot put my finger on it. It's never happened before and I can't figure out what I did to start it. Nothing I do seems to quell it. I even turned off Onedrive and, search and indexing.

I'm out of ideas sorry.

But as i am not up to date on this thread so probably missed the earlier posts, did this start after a clean install without installing anything else or was it present before that?

how much of a pain would it be to re-install windows again?

at this point it may be beneficial to just start fresh again and if the issue continues after a fresh install then it could point to the SSD being bad or possibly the SATA ports on your mobo having an issue.

Your the one with the Sabertooth Z77 right? Is the problem child SSD plugged into one of the ASmedia ports...or the Intel ports?

52 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Your the one with the Sabertooth Z77 right? Is the problem child SSD plugged into one of the ASmedia ports...or the Intel ports?

Both are plugged into the Intel ports

1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

how much of a pain would it be to re-install windows again?

at this point it may be beneficial to just start fresh again and if the issue continues after a fresh install then it could point to the SSD being bad or possibly the SATA ports on your mobo having an issue.

Which puts us back where this thread was on Sunday 😂

9 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Which puts us back where this thread was on Sunday 😂

yep; which is why I said 'again' :D

It seems like OP's tried everything else at this point so there's really nothing left but to go full circle :)

edit: OP if you do choose to try reinstalling again I'd recommend unplugging all but your main drive for during the install to insure the boot sector gets installed on that drive; after the windows install finishes you can then plug your other drives back in and boot back up. After that if the issue continues then something else is up possible hardware related.

14 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

Both are plugged into the Intel ports

Can you plug the problem child SSD (not the main boot drive) into the ASmedia port?  Have you tried a different SATA cable (sorry haven't read all three pages)

A while ago, I had a stuttering issue that would appear once every 1 or 2 week, I would do a system restore back a and it would go away then it would come back again. Then it just stopped happening. I could tell because windows got really laggy if I would double click a folder the mouse icon would flicker. I tried everything to fix it before the system restore and couldn't find the cause. 

20 minutes ago, warwagon said:

A while ago, I had a stuttering issue that would appear once every 1 or 2 week, I would do a system restore back a and it would go away then it would come back again. Then it just stopped happening. I could tell because windows got really laggy if I would double click a folder the mouse icon would flicker. I tried everything to fix it before the system restore and couldn't find the cause. 

Did the system restore fix it? As I said in the beginning this was happening with a fresh install.

25 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Can you plug the problem child SSD (not the main boot drive) into the ASmedia port?  Have you tried a different SATA cable (sorry haven't read all three pages)

These are new drives and also new cables. I did remove all but the boot drive the last time I restored. My boot drive uses momentum cache and I thought maybe that was doing it so I turned it off and it got worse.

Oh...your boot drive is "stuttering"? I thought it was when you were trying to access the secondary (game) drive (which is why I suggested the ASMedia.

59 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Oh...your boot drive is "stuttering"? I thought it was when you were trying to access the secondary (game) drive (which is why I suggested the ASMedia.

I also thought the problem was when trying to access a secondary drive.

27 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

I also thought the problem was when trying to access a secondary drive.

I also thought the problem was when accessing the secondary drive.

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

I also thought the problem was when accessing the secondary drive.

yes by all accounts that was what I thought as it seemed to happen whenever there was activity on my second drive. Now it just seems to happen randomly when I have windows open. I am trying to explain it the best I can but it is hard to explain it.

I'm thinking do another clean install and see how it performs before you start updating and adding stuff, also change the port your boot drive is connected to.

I know it's a pain in the ass but you need a bare bones clean install with minimal software added to try and get a solution seeing you don't  have a spare hdd you can pop in.

After you did your fresh install of Windows 10 ... do you have any exclamation marks in Device Manager (like unknown devices).  

14 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

I'm thinking do another clean install and see how it performs before you start updating and adding stuff, also change the port your boot drive is connected to.

I know it's a pain in the ass but you need a bare bones clean install with minimal software added to try and get a solution seeing you don't  have a spare hdd you can pop in.

OK, I am going to do yet another completely fresh install of Windows 10 right off the install disk. I will then just run it as is for a few days and monitor any Windows updates and/or automatic driver updates. I will let you know what I find.

Ok, did the reinstall and no exclamation points in the device manager. All I did was let WIndows update itself. I will post in a few days.

So if in the future I have to look for newer drivers where would I find new ones for this?

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller 1E02

Maybe I am installing a bad one.

Not 100% sure as i think i either use the disc that comes with the Motherboard or windows update just sortings them out for me.

How often did you see the issue before, what is the time frame?

Keep a note of what you install and when so you can tell if the issue started after that.