Could this be malware?

2 hours ago, devnulllore said:

So if in the future I have to look for newer drivers where would I find new ones for this?

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller 1E02

Maybe I am installing a bad one.

best place to get it would be directly from intel on their Drivers and Support page

I'd recommend using their detection tool http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm

2 hours ago, devnulllore said:

So if in the future I have to look for newer drivers

Thought you said everything was working.. So why would you need to look for anything other than a security related problem for a driver.  Are you not getting the performance out of your device you think you should be getting?

22 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Thought you said everything was working.. So why would you need to look for anything other than a security related problem for a driver.  Are you not getting the performance out of your device you think you should be getting?

Hes just done another fresh install without installing anything but updates to see if he gets the issue again.

So far it has happened once. I was in a window and renaming a file suddenly the system stuttered and the window refreshed itself automatically. I will let you know if it keeps happening.

It was happening before it. My old GPUs died and I thought that was the issue so I replaced it. I have tried several types of drivers and nothing helped.

This is getting confusing as I am trying to explain what is happening and and can't seem to get across what is happening or where I stand so...

I just did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 X64. I have not done ANY updates except Windows automatic ones. As I said before this is what is happening...

"So far it has happened once. I was in a window and renaming a file suddenly the system stuttered and the window refreshed itself automatically."

I will try to convey the problem the best I can but it just does not seem right.

2 minutes ago, Riva said:

I suspect the "second" ssd is recognised as a disk with lower number and windows always throws the bootloader on the first disk which could of happened when you repaired

I only had the boot drive connected when I reinstalled

16 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

Not 100% sure as i think i either use the disc that comes with the Motherboard or windows update just sortings them out for me.

How often did you see the issue before, what is the time frame?

Keep a note of what you install and when so you can tell if the issue started after that. 

The only thing I can remember installing that SEEMED to be causing it was Acronis backup and I know this is infamous for monitoring all changes made once you install it. But it is not installed now.

Sure its not the built in antivirus?  Or just the system scanning large amount of files for meta data..  Does your mouse freeze up as well - or is just a stutter on the display of the folders/files?

What are you looking at in explorer when this happens - its it thousands of media sort of files, movies, music?  Any way you can get a video of what its doing?

I set these folders as general type - so it doesn't pause on showing large folders of files.

Are you getting a hang when you right click to say create a new folder?

39 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Sure its not the built in antivirus?  Or just the system scanning large amount of files for meta data..  Does your mouse freeze up as well - or is just a stutter on the display of the folders/files?

What are you looking at in explorer when this happens - its it thousands of media sort of files, movies, music?  Any way you can get a video of what its doing?

I set these folders as general type - so it doesn't pause on showing large folders of files.

Are you getting a hang when you right click to say create a new folder?

I don't know about the built in Anti-Virus but I have not installed mine yet so I can't rule it out. It usually happens when I am in an explorer windows with lots of folders and I am doing something like renaming files or creating folders.. No one particular type of files mixed music, images etc.. I will check to see if the folders are set to general also. Mouse does stutter with the window.

So Windows just did a huge upgrade to v1907 and it's all starting over again. Stuttering and even explorer has crashed a few times.  I read Microsoft said there was an issue with the new patch and there may be a fix as soon as Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

So Windows just did a huge upgrade to v1907 and it's all starting over again. Stuttering and even explorer has crashed a few times.  I read Microsoft said there was an issue with the new patch and there may be a fix as soon as Tuesday.

1903?

42 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

1903?

Now I am not sure. it said it when it was installing now I don't know how to find out.

6 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

Now I am not sure. it said it when it was installing now I don't know how to find out.

winver. I’m sure it’s 1903. If it’s 1907–that’s a cause for concern. 

19 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

winver. I’m sure it’s 1903. If it’s 1907–that’s a cause for concern. 

Yes 1903 and since the install it's the worst it's ever been. Windows explorer even crashes now and then

8 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

Yes 1903 and since the install it's the worst it's ever been. Windows explorer even crashes now and then

Kind of surprised you didn’t start your clean install with 1903. 

This reminds me of my friend’s PC that installed Windows wonderfully and worked great. The very moment you tried to install something, be it driver or application, it hard locked. It did work on GNU/Linux however.

Turns out the motherboard was bad. ASUS replaced it with the same model and BIOS version, and he never saw the problem again. 

Sometimes the most odd issues that appear to be software related, are not. I doubt its your motherboard, but very much suspect your drive. You need to try another drive IMO. 

I remember something like this in the early days of Win10, it was related to a network service.  Try disabling all network services including WiFi and see if the stuttering goes away

Just now, Yazoo said:

I remember something like this in the early days of Win10, it was related to a network service.  Try disabling all network services including WiFi and see if the stuttering goes away

It happens in Safe Mode...so unless he used Safe Mode with networking support, that’s not it. 

7 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

I dunno what to think these drives are new Crucial MX500's Just replaced some older ones 2-3 months ago.

Plural? Have you put the OS on both and had the same issue?

9 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

It happens in Safe Mode...so unless he used Safe Mode with networking support, that’s not it. 

Plural? Have you put the OS on both and had the same issue?

No I did not use network support in safe mode.

Yes I tried both drives using the same image.

7 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

No I did not use network support in safe mode.

Yes I tried both drives using the same image.

Using the same image—so not a clean installation?

Not from before. I have not tried a clean install on the second drive yet should I try this? That would mean installing my backup software which I suspected as being the problem at one time.