• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Could this be malware?

SnoopZ    261
33 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

No you didn’t. You said a 1660 or some low end card didn’t have the issue. 

He also didn't say his card was tried in a friend's computer.

devnulllore    33

So far no more issues and every time I re-enable the accent color option in desktop colors the issue returns. I will leave it off for a few days before I consider the issue fixed.

adrynalyne    12,278
5 hours ago, devnulllore said:

So far no more issues and every time I re-enable the accent color option in desktop colors the issue returns. I will leave it off for a few days before I consider the issue fixed.

You will be back at some point. This is not a typical or known issue and again is video card related. The next driver update or windows update or fart in the wind will trigger this issue again.  You are simply disabling a feature to mask a symptom. 

+BudMan    3,544

What I don't get is how is someone changing their background every minute when they think they have issues with a video card? And working on "clean" installs... How does such a setup come to be on a clean install - seeing if there is any issues?  I don't get it... It sure doesn't freaking do that out of the box.

• Like 2

Matthew S.    1,024
On 10/11/2019 at 9:34 AM, devnulllore said:

Pretty much and local folder

So wait... you're... you've been setting up the wall paper to check every minute and update the accent colour when we've asked you to do clean installs?

Meaning when we've been struggling to help you diagnose this it's your customizations that have actually been at fault?

adrynalyne    12,278
4 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

So wait... you're... you've been setting up the wall paper to check every minute and update the accent colour when we've asked you to do clean installs?

Meaning when we've been struggling to help you diagnose this it's your customizations that have actually been at fault?

It boggles the mind for sure. 

devnulllore    33

It may have been easier to diagnose if the customization setting was not enabled by default.

Vince800    256

No, the default wallpaper is the Windows 10 logo and the colour "Default Blue".

I'm not actually sure what you're doing, none of this thread is really making much sense. You've told us that you've had it on clean installs without any changing anything. You've said you've been auto enrolled into the insider programme, a whole bunch of other things and now you're saying that these customisation settings are default. Is this just a wind up?

adrynalyne    12,278
2 hours ago, devnulllore said:

It may have been easier to diagnose if the customization setting was not enabled by default.

Hence the request for a clean install. It’s not enabled by default. 

+Zag L.    717

Actually, it IS possible this was enabled by default. If he had customized his settings to change the wallpaper every minute and change the color and was logged in with an MSA, those personalization settings are saved.  Those same settings will be reapplied if you reinstall Windows and during the install setup and login with that same MSA account. In his world, he never set them on the clean install - Microsoft did. 

Vince800    256
4 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

Actually, it IS possible this was enabled by default. If he had customized his settings to change the wallpaper every minute and change the color and was logged in with an MSA, those personalization settings are saved.  Those same settings will be reapplied if you reinstall Windows and during the install setup and login with that same MSA account. In his world, he never set them on the clean install - Microsoft did. 

That did occur to me a while back, in fact I asked the OP some time ago but no response. But there's just too much going on which isn't making sense.

adrynalyne    12,278
6 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

I have that setting on my laptop, and my other machines logged in the with the msa have never pulled it. So possibly, but I personally doubt it.