Neowin Community Minecraft Server

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running Vanilla 1.19.3

15 hours ago, pc27463 said:

was wondering if we can get keepinvatory turned on and us of /back? also whats the rule on chunk louders?

/back should be enabled already. it was working last time I tested it at least.

as for keepinventory I can't remember if we had that set or if graves are being used currently. It's been a while since I've been on as well, real life has been keeping me busy lately.

you should be able to play on mac, I haven't been able to use my mac for a while but when i was able to use it I used multimc launcher and that has the pack on it

10 hours ago, puma1 said:

Anyone playing this on a Mac ? I am wondering if the software needed runs on Mac. Thanks

yes, I play on a Mac, it works fine,

On 16/04/2021 at 19:31, pc27463 said:

just tryed /back and it sead "you do not have permission to us this command" so ya idk

odd as it was working on the standard user level before when I tested it; though it's been several months.

I'm not sure if I even want to bother fixing it on this pack or look for a lighter/newer pack for us to switch too.

I've kind of fallen out of getting on again myself and do admit this large pack takes a little too long to load for my liking.

If everyone is in agreement about switching away from the large mod pack I will take a look at some lighter ones on a newer minecraft version. I'll stick with FTB since they have the server commands mod; I'll just need to take the time this time to learn how to configure it properly which I gave up on last time and switched to Sponge; which is what's giving the inconsistent permissions right now.

Honestly I couldn't get in to this pack, it was just too big for me. I like something that has a bit of a story or Tiers of progress. I've been looking for a good pack to play lately too.

• 3 weeks later...

iv bean on a good amount lately but wood not mind a mod change i also like ones with a progression system built in.

• 1 month later...

Anyone fancy going back to Vanilla with plugins, i never play on server with all these mods its to overwhelming sometimes

So how about a server rest with latest Vanilla and plugins then i will start playing again ?? ? ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double post but i posted the above 10 days ago with no response, is the Minecraft community dead?

Yeah, pretty much. I haven't played on the server for months now because there was never anyone else online. Plus as you said there is just too much in the pack that I just couldn't motivate myself to learn any of the bits to really progress. I'm currently playing on another (vanilla) community server that is a bit more active.

I don't have much time to play at the moment,  which is why I've not been around. With that in mind I have no preference either way.

yeah I've been meaning to swap the server back to vanilla or a much simpler pack but work has just been killer lately and all I want to do when I get home in the afternoons is sit on the couch and do nothing.

I'll try and throw something together this weekend since I don't really have anything going on for once :) 

Hey Guys

So I'm taking a look today and trying to decide between 3 setups for us:

1. Pure Vanilla (with datapacks if desired)
  2. FTB Cotton: Lightweight modpack on 1.16.5 seems to focus mostly on exploration mods.
    • I'm going to switch the server to this pack for now to trial until we come to a full decision.
  3. FTB Academy: Lightweight modpack on 1.16.5 with quests to walk you through in the direction you'd like.

On 18/07/2021 at 22:20, puma1 said:

Hey Brandon, thanks for ding this. I would be ok with option 3.  

oddly enough Academy recommends 5gb ram for some reason in the server portal. that seems odd since it's supposed to be a "light" pack, could always be a typo lol. That's why I chose Cotton as the trial run pack for now.

If more want to give it a go though then I can save this instance and start a world on Academy.

Or if anyone has a different preferred pack I'd be happy to add it to the selection. I chose these two as they're on 1.16.5

• Like 1

I cant seem to join the server, I was just working with a mod called Plant in a Jar and i planted a rubber tree and my game crashed and I cant seem to log back in

So is there any special way to get this pack? BTW I'm not receiving notifications anyone has posted in this forum i thought everyone was ignoring me lol

EDIT : Never mind sussed it

Was on Server today i headed out to explorer west from spawn where my game crashed, i think i was near Mr maggos base, but now every time I try to join says loading terrain then saving world then crash to desktop, tried restarting PC, reinstalling Cotton, reinstalling FTB, tried everything so defo a server issue, any ideas? Single player works fine!

I have that issue too. I have to load a single player world first and then the server to get on. I think i know the issue and am going to fix it possibly

EDIT: I think i fixed it and if I'm right it was the Rubber Tree from Tech Reborn and trying to automate the growing of it in the Plant Jar from Plant in a Jar

Edited by Magoo

weird, no idea why the server was stopped, it seemed to have run the shutdown process on its own.

in any case running now again (Y) let me know if any issues persist.