Alec Baldwin 'discharged' prop gun that left cinematographer dead and director hospitalized on 'Rust' movie set

On 13/12/2021 at 02:00, Yorak said:

I find it terrible that the young lady died. However, I find some irony in Alec Baldwin doing this. He killed more people than any citizen did on January 6th.

Uh, one has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other...

On 13/12/2021 at 03:00, Yorak said:

I find it terrible that the young lady died. However, I find some irony in Alec Baldwin doing this. He killed more people than any citizen did on January 6th.

Err, ok? He has still killed fewer people than Ghengis Khan, but I'm not sure what either statement has to do with anything at all...

On 14/12/2021 at 21:44, warwagon said:

There's no making sense of Baldwin's comments because they're nonsensical attempts to CYA. Instead the interview  expands the list of reasons for prosecutors to charge him.

• Like 1

My take (for what it's worth, knowing enough about firearms to know how to disassemble, clean, reassemble and RESPECT them and only word of mouth about AB) is that his interview did not do him any good whatsoever.

• Like 3

On 15/12/2021 at 12:49, Dick Montage said:

My take (for what it's worth, knowing enough about firearms to know how to disassemble, clean, reassemble and RESPECT them) is that his interview did not do him any good whatsoever.

yeah, for sure.   he is making it worse by staying thing that might sound good to him, but are obvious to his parents... wait to people who know more about guns.  He is acting childishly if he really think that people will not check the gun and if not completely broken will not know that he straight up lied about not touching the trigger.

On 15/12/2021 at 17:53, E.Worm Jimmy said:

yeah, for sure.   he is making it worse by staying thing that might sound good to him, but are obvious to his parents... wait to people who know more about guns.  He is acting childishly if he really think that people will not check the gun and if not completely broken will not know that he straight up lied about not touching the trigger.

I think his quote about what the son said to him, come on - I'm calling BS on that.  And it's these silly lies, these stupid comments about "not knowing".  I genuinely don't think he acted with malice, or even WILLFUL ignorance - but when you tell such lies that people question them, they will also question everything else!

• 4 weeks later...

Refusing cross-draw (opposite hand draw) training when you're going to be performing a cross-draw is just ridiculous. And most of the discovery/testimony from the civil lawsuits should be usable in criminal court.

https://www.insider.com/alec-baldwin-ignored-rust-armorer-firearms-training-request-lawsuit-alleges-2022-1?amp

Alec Baldwin ignored 'Rust' armorer's request to attend 'cross draw training' just days before the shooting, lawsuit says

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

🙄

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/rust-producer-cannes-1235147374/amp/

Cannes: ‘Rust’ Producer Says “We’ll Be Able to Complete the Movie”

'Rust' producer Anjul Nigam, who is bringing a new movie to Cannes with fellow producer/star Alec Baldwin seven months after the shooting tragedy, tells The Hollywood Reporter he's optimistic moviegoers will eventually be able to see the Western.

>

• 2 months later...

FBI weighs in, disagrees with Baldwin's account.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/rust-gun-could-not-fire-without-trigger-pull-fbi-report-1235091716/

The FBI’s accidental discharge testing determined that .45 Colt (.45 Long Colt) caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver needed a trigger pull to fire.

With the hammer in the quarter- and half-###### [🤪] positions, the gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger,” the report stated.

>

The report, first carried by ABC-TV, contradicts what Baldwin claimed in a December interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. Baldwin said then he didn’t pull the trigger on the gun.

>

• 5 months later...
On 19/01/2023 at 17:20, SnoopZ said:

This will be not because he pulled the trigger but because he was the Producer I think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64337761

Hmm involuntary manslaughter is actual homicide, not accessory. That's also why the armourer is being charged too as she was responsible for the prop gun. That's how I read it on the BBC, not because they were by association. Halyna Hutchins died by both their hands and Baldwin is still pleading ignorance even after many examples of on set prop gun safety were also ignored by Baldwin. He was irresponsible and shouldn't be pleading the innocent, it's disrespectful to the victim, her family and loved ones.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2023 at 11:44, Steven P. said:

Hmm involuntary manslaughter is actual homicide, not accessory. That's also why the armourer is being charged too as she was responsible for the prop gun. That's how I read it on the BBC, not because they were by association. Halyna Hutchins died by both their hands and Baldwin is still pleading ignorance even after many examples of on set prop gun safety were also ignored by Baldwin. He was irresponsible and shouldn't be pleading the innocent, it's disrespectful to the victim, her family and loved ones.

Pleading innocent is of course his constitutionional right. Almost certainly, it's step one towards negotiating a plea bargain for a lesser charge/sentence. 

On 19/01/2023 at 12:36, DocM said:

Pleading innocent is of course his constitutionional right. Almost certainly, it's step one towards negotiating a plea bargain for a lesser charge/sentence. 

he's making things worse for himself at this point by doing it though. There's a time when you just have to admit your wrong doing, even if accidental, and accept the consequences.

I could see things going the opposite way due to it. judge/jury could take it as no remorse for his actions and punish more just for that alone.

There's too much evidence.

On 19/01/2023 at 19:36, DocM said:

Yeah I meant to say he leant into the pleading ignorance from the very beginning. I do believe he didn't mean to kill anyone.

On 19/01/2023 at 13:40, Brandon H said:

he's making things worse for himself at this point by doing it though. There's a time when you just have to admit your wrong doing, even if accidental, and accept the consequences.

I could see things going the opposite way due to it. judge/jury could take it as no remorse for his actions and punish more just for that alone.

There's too much evidence.

I'd take it that way, largely because he has a well-earned and documented rep for arrogant & self-righteous behavior. 

The purpose of the plea bargain is to keep it out of a jury's hands in such cases, but in many US states judges can refuse to accept a plea bargain and send it to trial. Oops.

On 19/01/2023 at 18:53, DocM said:

I'd take it that way, largely because he has a well-earned and documented rep for arrogant & self-righteous behavior. 

The purpose of the plea bargain is to keep it out of a jury's hands in such cases, but in many US states judges can refuse to accept a plea bargain and send it to trial. Oops.

Unfortunately ignorance of the law is no excuse in the eyes of the court but many seem to think otherwise ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/04/2023 at 16:26, primortal said:

No real surprise there. This was politized to hell. 

• Like 3