Vehicle's Top Speed

got my old 1989 Ford Corsair/ Nissan Stanza for u american folk to 200km/120miles an hour

was down a steep hill though so it doesnt technically count, plus speedo stops at 200

on a flat i have gotten it to 190kmh

Chicane-UK does have a good point about speeding on straight flat roads

i have done all of mine at night, with clear visability, no cars around and a new straight road and my car handles everything fine, even if a corner does pop up

i don't think anyone asked about people's opinions on driving fast anita. you saying these things won't stop anyone from driving fast. damn

yah...i know...

i was referring to what alex said

I am on a learner's permit and what they don't know won't hurt them.

my car is a 1990 stick-shift Toyota 4Runner...not really meant to be a speedster car, obviously, but on a long straight flat stretch of road, i (eventually) got it up to just about 100mph....it was well past the 95mph line but it was just barely touching the 100mph line....i was in 5th gear and the RPMs were up about 4200, hehe :cool:

my goal is to break the 3-digit barrier...i sort of have, but not completely...i wanna get it up to like 105mph or something....btw, this is with no mods or anything fancy at all.

You know.. driving at high speed is not dangerous provided the car is capable of doing it, the road is suitable (ie long and straight, and in good condition) and you are not breaking any laws in the process.

Far as I can recall, any POSTED speed ("maximum speed", "speed limit", etc) is within the law. If it says "Maximum Speed 80" and you go over that, I'm sure that is breaking the law...you just haven't been caught ;)

I have a 2002 Honda Civic EX 5-speed and I got it up to 107mph going on I-5 along the Coastal Range. If anyone knows that stretch, it's more than adequate as far as being straight and clear vision ahead. However, it's also notorious for speed traps, so you pick your poison. My girlfriend has an Automatic 2003 Honda Civic DX, and I got it to 109mph at the same stretch of freeway. I had never been above 85mph before that and I have yet to go above 85mph since then, and don't plan to, especially at $2.25/gallon for gas.

i've gotten around 110 on a 93 Mitsubishi Mighty max with no mods. Don't know about how fast i've gone in Jeep since speedometer stops at 85 and it goes well pass that. I only go the speeds on long barren interstate to visit family.

I got my Pontiac Grand Prix up to 120 mph before the governor shut me down :( dammit i hate being resticted by a stupid chip

My present car which is a 98 Ford Mustang V6 3.8L I have hit 115 mph before the stupid govenor shuts off the gas..........grrrrrrrrrr

You know.. driving at high speed is not dangerous provided the car is capable of doing it, the road is suitable (ie long and straight, and in good condition) and you are not breaking any laws in the process.

you are such a ****ing moron you know that. no car at high speed is stable. hell if you look at races if the cars hit a good wind gust they will flip over or go outa control.

Also speeding is against the law if there is a posted speed limit, other then that if it posted like in a few countries

2003 Sentra SE-R Spec-V

I've had it to 120mph already, but it still had space left to go. Local dragstrip is the safest place to test a car and I ask you all to be responsible when you're out on the highways!

Nate

I can't drive yet. I wish I did so that I could hit 140 in a School Zone... :shifty:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how fast a Mercedes-Benz C320 can go in Km/h? (Without the Electronic Speed Limiter)

/me hates "miles" with a passion. The Metric System is so much better :D

you are such a ****ing moron you know that. no car at high speed is stable. hell if you look at races if the cars hit a good wind gust they will flip over or go outa control.

Also speeding is against the law if there is a posted speed limit, other then that if it posted like in a few countries

High speed is a relative term. High speed for my eclipse is 120mph. High speed for my friend's Protege is 90mph. My car is perfectly stable at 90mph provided the road is in good condition.

...and you are not breaking any laws in the process.

:rolleyes:

I hit 120 in my Lincoln Mark VIII with my dad, if you wanna see what the car looks like you can go here. Also btw screw your riceburners.

Welll I rented Chevy Corsica '90 or '91.. Don't remember.. did hit to 110 MPH and tried go more than 111 mph but the engine went off by itself.. lol.. and rode with my uncle, his VW Golf 95.. Did hit 235 km/h in autobahn. :)

I used to have a 1991 Ford Lightning pickup (modified f-150)

that I heavily modified

I could get it up to about 185 mph (9.2 seconds approx.) in the quarter mile

and it was 50 states emissions legal as well and

yus I did drive it on the street occasionally

if anyone else is interested I'll edit this and post a parts list of everything else I had in the truck

fastest Ive gone is 90 mph in my v6 stock mustang.. not really anywhere to speed around here. Id have to go on a bridge sometime and try out for the 120 max on the spedometer.

Just to reiterate points made above and agree....

1. Speeding is illegal -- period

2. Speeding is always dangerous. If it wasn't they wouldn't ask people not to do it.

3. Driving without your proper papers is a *really* bad idea.

4. I am crying right now but entirely grateful I don't live where rpm does.

I have a 1995 Chevrolet S-10 4 wheel drive truck and it's got an electronically limited top speed of 100 mph. When it hits 100 mph the gas pedal just stops functioning and only works again when the speed drops to a couple of mph below 100 mph.

do you have a full license yet or are you still on a temp?  do your parents know that you do stupid **** when you go out driving?  wait....aren't you supposed to be accompanied by an adult when you drive???????

Driving on I-4 down here in Florida, FHP is almost nonexistant. People REGULARLY do 90. It's not that much of a stretch to do 100. As such, I've done 100 in my flexfuel fleet 2001 S-10. :)

I don't like speeding either, but sometimes it gets to the point where the slow people are the dangerous drivers, because they are in the way.

Germany and their Autobahn handle it quite well. It has a accident rate well below any stretch of highway here in the US. Why? Three reasons:

• Minimum speed limit.
  • All drivers drive in the slow lane, unless passing. Even if you're doing 200 miles and hour, you get in the slow lane until there is a car ahead of you. Unlike in the US, the Germans actually FOLLOW this rule, and there are huge traffic fines for breaking it.
  • Drivers licenses are expensive and take much more education to achieve. Drivers are well educated and they work hard to obtain a license. It's not like here in the US where any jerk-off can pick one up easily and then pay a couple hundred bucks for a ticket if they drive like an idiot.

I have a chip in my car that prevents me from going over 108MPH.

I don't want to find out if it works or not.

So... I'll never know.

They placed the chip in... because soon after that speed my brakes, suspension, and other parts of the car become unsafe.

Yeah, people shouldn't be in the fast lane unless they're passing. Its SO god damn annoying when like three people in different lanes are going sh!t slow and everyone else is piling up behind them.

I have a small car, it's a 94 Renault Twingo with the same engine that equiped the Renault Supercinque GT, 1300cc and 75 horse power.

Nothing special, but i can park it in almoust any place and gives a max of 190kmh with a little exaust modification. :D

post-7-1079313537.jpg