Vehicle's Top Speed

Yesterday I hit 175km/h on the way to School. I was a bit disappointed because I was only 5km/h away from doing 3 times the speed limit. I might have been able to pull it off but there was traffic and a sharp turn ahead. The road wasn't great either.

I guess I'll have to try again. :p

586600327[/snapback]

Today I got a chance to drive on that road (at law abiding speeds no less) and found that I was wrong about the speed limit. I thought it was 60km/h when it really is 50km/h, so I actually went 3.5 times the speed limit.

For you guys with the weird non-metric system, its roughly 108mph on a 30mph road.

my current car is a 2004 Kia sedona minivan. i have driven it at 100 mph.

just on the local freeways around seattle.

my sisters car in a VW golf. i dont know what year. i have driven that car at 115 - 120 mph going from L.A. to Ridgecrest C.A.

In 1988 I had a 1983 Shelby Charger that had been modified with Direct-Connection parts and tweaked by myself and a mechanic. I took it from Columbia to Jefferson City in Missouri (29 Miles) with a top speed of 127mph and an average speed of 95mph. Pretty quick trip. In 1989, I raced a 944 turbo in my 1978 280z and passed him by at 140mph and kept going. I had a fun childhood.

in my mustang Ive hit the governer at 120. When I do my long drive to sandiego on weekends to go see the girl away at college im on I15 late at night (1-3am) and max out at 120 pretty much most of the way. I have my radar detector, and have never past a cop, or even seen one. But I have hit 145 in my friends raced out prelude late at night. Kinda sad that the 4 banger can waste my v6 stang in terms of max speed.

my current car is a 2004 Kia sedona minivan. i have driven it at 100 mph.

just on the local freeways around seattle.

my sisters car in a VW golf. i dont know what year. i have driven that car at 115 - 120 mph going from L.A. to Ridgecrest C.A.

586606266[/snapback]

You went 100MPH in a Kia?

Brave, brave man...

One day I ran into batman. He was like hello there Dustin, care to go for a ride. So we were cruzing pickin up some gals, pulled a few grand theft auto scaniros and then he let me hit the Red button. We got up to 50 mph!!!!!!

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Never really went past 150mph in any of our cars - and that was maybe for a minute at most. The girlfriend's NSX is still the most fun to speed in, imho, due to its smallish peppy engine. It feels like you're going much faster than you really are :)

The mighty Gallardo recently suffered a small, albeit nasty, dent in its hood due to flying road debris from going ~100mph down a freshly paved highway near a lot of trucks. That's going to look really good for me when the lease is up :/

In all, I rarely ever drive past 100 on a regular basis. I do enjoy having my license.

586600678[/snapback]

There is a guy on my street with a Gallardo, SL, and once had a yellow NSX on his driveway.

Can I come over?

Please?

My 1965 Olds Cutlass F-85 has topped out at 153MPH here at the local dragstrip twice. We don't do that stupid sh** anymore though!! Believe it or not, it's not souped up with anything other than dual Holley Quadrajunk carbs, electronic ignition and a mild cam. I have had the car since 1983 and it still only has 69,000+ original miles on it.

The last track day i did, on the top speed run at the end of the day, the speedo read 148ish mph, then i rapidly started running out of runway... :huh:

200sx

Vehicle: White 1994 Acura Intergra GSR

Top Speed Taken: charged up to 145 mph, speed limited by vehicle computer

Location: Nice long straight portion of the Beeline highway between Orlando and Cape Canaveral.

I miss that car.....

The last track day i did, on the top speed run at the end of the day, the speedo read 148ish mph, then i rapidly started running out of runway...  :huh:

200sx

586607935[/snapback]

Where was the track day mate?

i got my bike going at about 15 mph down a hill near my house.. (hey, it is a vehicle..)

I've come close to 60km/hour (about 38mph) on a bike going down a hill. :p

jeez, out of curiosity, how do you all not get caught... hmm isnt there a place in utah or somthing where there is no spped limit?

anyways 178mph in NFSU2

586601401[/snapback]

If a pig radars you at 160mph, how would he possibly catch you? Pretty hard I had always thought at least on a non freeway.

Wow, most of that was some of the stupidest stuff i've ever read.

586608000[/snapback]

Why?

How are you guys driving above the maximum speed for your cars according to their specs?  The car that I drive in is electronically limited to 150 mph :/  Never driven that fast of course.

586601318[/snapback]

Simple Hypertech tuner and /or chip allows you to bypass the top speed regulator. :)

btw Camaro is 167 mph :) without a chip

If a pig radars you at 160mph, how would he possibly catch you? Pretty hard I had always thought at least on a non freeway.

586608007[/snapback]

Because they have more than 1 vehicle?

my little focus tops out at 108MPH. i hit the limiter several times that day... was helping a friend move home from college... 2 different cars... didn't know the way home... had to speed massively down 287 at 100+ for a good 20 minutes before i caught up to him.