• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Steffan    91

with all of the fire power the Avs had this year, they should run away with the president's trouphy. the goaltending has been good this year. I agree with everyone, the Avs will be lucky to get out of the first round, but it would be an upset if they lose against the Stars. the Avs are going against the scariest thing in the playoffs, a hot team called the Dallas Stars.

West:

Wings over Predators (too much Wings)

Stars over Avs (Stars on fire)

Flames over Canucks (the lost of Bertuzzi will hurt Canucks)

Blues over Sharks (Blues in a close, tight series)

East:

Habs over Bruins (Thorton lost will hurt Bruins)

Senators over Leafs (another good series between two Canadian teams)

Flyers over Devils (Devils are like the Avs, they are falling apart and wont be able to recover)

Lightning over Islanders (the Islanders will show up for each game and that's about it)

Matrix XII    38
Canucks in 5

:ninja: Free BERT :D

I like ur style.. I say 'Nucks in 6 though.

neowin_hipster    0

Might as well start this now. Canucks in 4!

edit: oops, it was in stickies. :(

neowin_hipster    0
our goaltending scares me too though...

You thought yours was bad!? That's why canucks are gonna loose in the 2nd round. No contest against the flames. Canucks in 4!

I've said this for years, cloutiers is a BACKUP goalie! He's not a starter. He's too inconsistent, and his whole game relies on his reflexes.. which are shoddy at best.

Matrix XII    38

Man, he's playing very well right now.. Don't judge him on what has happened previous years.

BroChaos    1
You thought yours was bad!? That's why canucks are gonna loose in the 2nd round. No contest against the flames. Canucks in 4!

I've said this for years, cloutiers is a BACKUP goalie! He's not a starter. He's too inconsistent, and his whole game relies on his reflexes.. which are shoddy at best.

hehe, i remember how ****ed you were last year :p

BroChaos    1

hehe, i was gonna say, come join the party, it already started :)

....    0

Merged again ;)

Matrix XII    38

Philly can sit down.. they have no heart ;)

The Prodigal Father    0

ok, to clarify, when i said montreal were somewhat newcomers, what i meant was, they are a young team that has been inconsistent in the last few years, in and out of the playoffs. again, you guys may disagree.

to the guy who said "any team with 24 stanley cups cannot be considered newcomers" or something along those lines, by YOUR logic the new jersey devils are new comers because they have only won 3??????? odd.....

anyway, sorry for any confusion.

Joel    26

Well, sure some or most of the players are newcomers. But every year all teams are new, unless they managed to keep every player from the year before. And had no injuries.

TheDuke    0

Ottawa is taking the cup home... enough said.. :whistle: :shifty:

Ayepecks    117

He means the majority of players.

CatnipOligarchy    1
to the guy who said "any team with 24 stanley cups cannot be considered newcomers" or something along those lines, by YOUR logic the new jersey devils are new comers because they have only won 3??????? odd.....

what? no? I never said the Devils were newcomers either... :blink: .. I was just shocked that you could call the Habs newcomers after they had won 24 Cups.. I dont know where you got that i said or implied anything about the devils being newcomers? now, the Predators are newcomers

shmengie    0

i'm WAY too smart to make any predictions. hell, in the past 10 years, florida, carolina and anaheim have made it to the freakin' finals, fer crissakes! it's anyones cup.

it just warms my cockles, though, that a bunch o' geeks actually follow the best - nay, the only - sport worth watching.

as the playoffs start tomorrow, my short hairs get all tingly...

bayrider    1
it just warms my cockles, though, that a bunch o' geeks actually follow the best - nay, the only - sport worth watching.

well said!

BroChaos    1
well said!

haha, damn straight! :)

how people can watch pro basketball over hockey is beyond me. pro basketball is soooo boring.

Steven    80

I'm quite sickened by the LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THE ISLANDERS

We beat these pansies 3 times during the regular season. You people need to stop thinking that Tampa Bay is like god.. They fuggen suck ass against us!!

The view from the other side is interesting, considering the Isles' recent success against the Bolts. "Are we a little nervous playing against them? Of course," Lightning center Tim Taylor said in the Tampa Bay Tribune. "I think you have to be nervous playing against anyone. They have beaten us pretty good over the last couple of years. I think that gives us a little more motivation. We have to play harder."
Edited by xStainDx

djgramma    0

EAST:

1- Tampa Bay Lightning

2- Montreal Canadiens

3- New Jersey Devils

4 - Ottawa Senators.

WEST:

1- Detroit Red Wings

2- San Jose Sharks

3- Vancouver Canucks in 4 (but to be realistic 6)

4 - Dallas Stars in 4 (clean sweep and huge upset)

Nucks v Sens in the finals. This is the year of the Canadians! Especially the Canucks!

Go! Nucks! Go! FREE BERT!

SkId_mARK    0

As long as toronto beats ottawa i will be happy ... of course i will be more happy if they go all the way but that is asking a lot of them

bayrider    1

Kariya is out 'indefinately'

xxpor    0

NJ over Phily wont be an upset cuz NJ has more wins but the points system f---'s everything up

Matrix XII    38

Canucks better win cause I'm throwin the maddest party everrrr... 80+ people, awww yeahhh ;)

speed3okie    22

RED WINGS RULEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matrix XII    38

nahh ;)