Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

hrm,maybe the devils can win against the flyers like they did in 2000 or was it 2001?they lost 3 games and won the other 4. :) huge comeback if you ask me. :cool:

Nah, that was a cakewalk. Duh.

hehe, J/K :)

speaking of cake walks... boston plays the habs tonight. i can't wait to see another beating!

:yes:

Preds just beat the Red Wings.

As I've already stated, the Wings suck when it comes to the Preds. Not surprised who won. If the Wings get through the Preds they'll win... but I'm not so sure they will. It will probably be a long series.

Good job by the leafs last night... I loved it how they booed Alfredsson every time he touched the puck haha.. I booed with them sometimes ;) anyways.. my Canucks are going to win tonite yeah babyyy!!

the wings lose 3-1 to the preds today.

wtf.. they don't even show the games I want to see around here :(

(that's why the wings lost.. i wasn't watching them play lol)

One can only hope Hedberg rises up.

Hedburg is good, and he played fantastic at times during the regular season, but I don't think he is good enough to take the Canucks very far.

Nice the canadiens just won their game, and by the way, i'm not saying that because i'm a canadiens fan, but the refferes are so ... stupid ... in the last period of this game I saw about 7 or 8 penalities ( both to canadiens and boston ) that should've been called, I want to know what you think, and Bruins fans here I think you understand what I meen here. I think that today Fraser did not get out from his daily hair dressing routine, so he completly, forgot to check for infractions !

... I needed to say that, ( sorry to any Kerry Fraser fans here :p )

bah. i'm so bitter about the habs/bruins game tonight.

:angry:

I didnt watch the bruins/habs game. I was watching the simpsons instead :shifty: :D

MY RANT!!!

What the hell was Ribero doing tonite?! That cry baby sucky ass move he pulled should have reprocussions. In a game that is in enough trouble already Mike Ribero's stunt is the last thing we need. Not only was this unsportsmen like but it just makes Don Cherry seem that much more sane when a Frenchmen does this. I'm not racist but Ribero didn't help the European image tonight. I'm a Canadian and was behind Montreal all the way until then. It made me sick. Here's hoping the Bruins win the next 2 and I don't have to look at that whining ###### again! :angry: GO BRUINS GO!

End of rant

Congrats to Nashville by the way. Keep the Wings on their toes. :)

The Iggy fight was justified I'd like to hang Ohlund beside Ribero. :angry:

Ohlund is probaly the most underrated defensemen in the Western Conference. He does his job like shutting down Inginla in this series. Anyways Ohlund would knock out Inginla...

Ohlund owns, b quiet ;) ...Iginla has nothing on the Canucks

That was a dirty hit from behind. I can't believe the refs didn't call it. I'm sick of all the cheap shots and dives in hockey. I DEMAND VENGENCE!!! I want Ohlund and Ribero to face suspensions. This type of behaviour is killing the game and the players need to know the league won't tolerate it.

Edit: @ khalsa: Iggy would kick Ohlund's ass. Those punches when the ref was holding Ig was dirty. I hope Iggy gets his hands on Ohlund in game 4.

I'd rather have cheap shots that dives.. Ohlund could have gone after him way harder. Believe me, when you are in a tight hockey game, you will do anything you can to not let the other team score. I've learned that by personal experience. (I'm not saying a cheap shot though lol)

Ohlund did what was needed and got it done. Iggy should've stayed cool, now it's gonna be even more interesting in game 4. As much as I love Cloutier, Moose showed me that I can trust him now. Cooke was prolly the best player out there, so I can't wait til tuesday! GO NUCKS!