Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Kariya is out 'indefinately'

That doesn't hurt the Avs immensly, he's been struggling a bit and they have tons of depth :|

Canucks better win cause I'm throwin the maddest party everrrr... 80+ people, awww yeahhh ;)

Well, I think you'll be in for a good series, win or lose. You Canucks fans don't seem to know much about your opponents, since you all seem to think you're going to obliterate them in a sweep... I recommend looking at their second half games. :)

3- Vancouver Canucks in 4 (but to be realistic 6)

Nucks v Sens in the finals. This is the year of the Canadians! Especially the Canucks!

Go! Nucks! Go! FREE BERT!

Totally agreed. Nucks vs Sens would be an AWESOME series! All CDN playoff final. Awww yeah.

why all the leaf haters? ive seen 1 person i think say the leafs will win over ottawa, but when you look at the past playoff meetings between the teams toronto has only lost one series in the past 4 meetings with them (or 1 of the last 5, cant remember atm) but yeah, as i sit here typing this out in my leafs jersey, about to go to bed in my room decorated in leafs colours and memorobilia, and with 50 bucks riding on the leafs this playoff season, i say, GO LEAFS GO!

Well, I think you'll be in for a good series, win or lose. You Canucks fans don't seem to know much about your opponents, since you all seem to think you're going to obliterate them in a sweep... I recommend looking at their second half games. :)

I never said anything about a sweep. As earlier posted I said, "Nucks in 6" :D

You Canucks fans don't seem to know much about your opponents, since you all seem to think you're going to obliterate them in a sweep...

You don't seem to understand your own words. Read: CANUCKS FANS. :cool: We want them to obliterate opponents in a sweep, but realistically I think all the fans know it'll take more games. Plus, you don't seem to take their past playoff games in consideration. They made every team sweat and got em surprised. Our guys don't just turn over when they're losing, they fight back... and win! :D NUCKS IN 4!!!

My Predictions...

Tampa Bay vs. NY Islanders

Boston Bruins vs. Montreal

Philadelphia vs. New Jersey

Toronto vs. Ottawa

Detroit vs. Nashville < i just got a feeling about this one, preds may just be the ducks of this year

San Jose vs. St. Louis

Vancouver vs. Calgary

Colorado vs. Dallas

I never said anything about a sweep. As earlier posted I said, "Nucks in 6" :D

Never said you, said the fans in general :)

And, yes, I know how to read my own words. Perhaps you (not the person I'm quoting, but whoever replied) should read them :) :laugh:

My Predictions...

Philadelphia vs. New Jersey

Toronto vs. Ottawa

Detroit vs. Nashville < i just got a feeling about this one, preds may just be the ducks of this year

San Jose vs. St. Louis

Vancouver vs. Calgary

Colorado vs. Dallas

My predictions are:

Philadelphia vs. New Jersey < My bets are on New Jersey

Toronto vs. Ottawa < Coming from Ottawa, as much as I want the Sens to win, the Leafs are just too good (at the moment)

Detroit vs. Nashville < Nash may be doing good but Detroit are godly

San Jose vs. St. Louis

Vancouver vs. Calgary < Calgary is good but not that good

Colorado vs. Dallas < As much as I want the Avs to win, the way they were playing going into the Playoffs are giving me doubts.

As I said: Nashville matches up well against the Wings...

1-0 Preds right now. :no:

Red Wings don't look good. They never play good against the Preds.

The Wings never remember to get up and play against the crappy teams in the NHL, I would have given anything to play STL in the first round, at least then we would have gotten up to play... :p

Add in that bull**** P-Shot to the current game and I think we've seen the stage set for the fall of Dave Lewis's hopes to remain as the coach of the NHL's best franchise.

:: queues up "Whats Going On" by 4-Non Blondes once again this year ::

He Shoots................HE SCORES!

Detroit Goal.

Seems like for the first 5 of the 3rd Detroit is back on the ice and Dominating, lets...

We interupt this post for the following announcement...

He Shoots.................HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP LANG'S GOAL ROCKED! :w00t:

yeah that was an awesome goal..

Boston looked real good tonight too.. avs/stars are on now

i'm pulling for the stars, just because i know people in dallas and ive gone to a few of their games.. but i'll want them to lose in the 2nd round.. gotta get rid of the Avs, Wings, and Devils first

HOLY CRAP LANG'S GOAL ROCKED! :w00t:

yes it did! it has to be the goal of the year. I was in class when the game was on, so I only saw the replays of it.

maybe avs can bring it together and beat the stars.

yes it did! it has to be the goal of the year. I was in class when the game was on, so I only saw the replays of it.

maybe avs can bring it together and beat the stars.

Sorry but Lecavaliers Spin-O-Rama goal on Belfour had to be the best all year