Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

**** this noise.  **** these penalties and non-calls.  **** the officials for not calling the goal last game.  **** PEI for supporting Tampa Bay.  **** the NHL for not wanting Calgary to win because it's bad for ratings.  **** all americans that play hockey..... ITS A ****ING CANADIAN SPORT GOD DAMNIT!

Pass this on if you're a true fan of the Flames. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

that has to be the stupidest thing i have heard today...

good day sir.

TAMPA BY WINS!!!

Big congrats to Tampa Bay they deserve it. They just had more left in the tank in the last 2 games.

I'm sad Calgary didn't win, they played thier hearts out.... that was crushing :(

Just want to say thanks for a great playoffs Calgary!!! :D :D

Lets hope theres no delays for next season... :cry: :cry:

**** this noise. **** these penalties and non-calls. **** the officials for not calling the goal last game. **** PEI for supporting Tampa Bay. **** the NHL for not wanting Calgary to win because it's bad for ratings. **** all americans that play hockey..... ITS A ****ING CANADIAN SPORT GOD DAMNIT!

Pass this on if you're a true fan of the Flames. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Face it, Calgary didn't show up for the first 2 periods. If they can't solve a team whom they've played for 6 games before going into this one, than they don't deserve to win. Don't get me wrong, they deserved to win it just as much as Tampa. But Tampa came out better and Andreychuck deserves this more than a team who barely made the playoffs for the past 10 years.

Even though i was rooting for clagary this game 7 i wanted tampa to win...i thought they deserved it the whole first time for the team and Andreychuk <-----congrats to him!!!

the owner is the owner of the Pistons too. If both his teams win that means he has 3 trophies already (nba, wnba, nhl)

that is the only reason why i wanted them to win but other then that i really didnt give a poo who one

**** this noise. **** these penalties and non-calls. **** the officials for not calling the goal last game. **** PEI for supporting Tampa Bay. **** the NHL for not wanting Calgary to win because it's bad for ratings. **** all americans that play hockey..... ITS A ****ING CANADIAN SPORT GOD DAMNIT!

It's about who wants to win the Cup. I wanted the Cup to come back to Canada but only for that reason. Calgary simply couldn't match up against the better team: Tampa. Besides, it's about time Tampa won the Stanley Cup.

Ease up man. Also, there's some doubt as to whether or not Canadians invented hockey..but this is besides the point.

:(

Last 10 minutes were INTENSE.

Well Tampa wanted it more, they played better than the Flames the first 50 mins...and Khabibulin was really good, though I really think Kipper was let down by the defense, especially on the first goal. It sucks.

I still think Calgary played awesome to make it this far, no one thought they could.

@ RenaFuse: Shut The **** Up! You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

omg! Was watching TV and each player of the Lightning were saying from where they are from and who's their favorite player... About 13 out of 17 were Canadians ! Geezus that's alot :D

ya i got that from someone, but ya over all it really was a good seires and calgary was doing there best in along time gg to all and next year were gona own it all, and atleast we made it to the final game :p

I'm sick and tired of this Canadian VS USA BS, I just heard from a friend who calls me up all mad saying

the Ref's are all pro USA.

Face it Calgary played Rough & Tough & Dirty and they played their hearts out, but you could see they got demoralized when it was 2-0 Tampa, then they (calgary) got their sprak back once they scored, but then they had to play dirty and get a boarding penalty.

The only reason Calgary beat Vancouver too begin with is because Calgary played dirty, this is why I was going for Tampa Bay, just because it was against Calgary.

If it were any other team against the Flames I'd be going for them too, I have a dislike for Calgary.

I dont believe in this the Stanley Cup belongs in Canada crap.

It belongs to the team that wins it, it has nothing to do with ratings or whatever, just the Stanley Cup is more popular per capita in Canada, as opposed to the USA.

All I have too say is WAY TO GO TAMPA BAY !!!!

ah phooey. i still applaud calgary for getting it this far. tampa did play better though in this game.

i didn't realize so many tampa players are from canada.. weird ;)

i didn't realize so many tampa players are from canada.. weird ;)

yeah I was surprised myself :o :D

4 Vincent Lecavalier Ile Bizard, Quebec

8 Martin Cibak Liptovmikulas, Slovakia

9 Eric Perrin Laval Quebec

19 Brad Richards Murray Harbour, PEI

27 Tim Taylor Stratford, Ontario

11 Chris Dingman Edmonton, Alberta

17 Ruslan Fedotenko Kiev, Ukraine

25 Dave Andreychuk Hamilton, Ontario

29 Dmitry Afanasenkov Arkhangelsk

33 Fredrik Modin Sundsvall, Sweden

61 Cory Stillman Peterboro, Ontario

7 Ben Clymer Bloomington, Minnesota

26 Martin St. Louis Laval, Quebec

36 Andre Roy Port Chester, NY

2 Stan Neckar Ceske, Czech Republic

5 Jassen Cullimore Simcoe, Ontario

13 Pavel Kubina Celadna, Czech Republic

21 Cory Sarich Saskatoon,Saskatchewan

22 Dan Boyle Ottawa, Ontario

37 Brad Lukowich Cranbrook, B.C.

38 Darren Rumble Barrie Ontario

44 Nolan Pratt Ft. McMurray, Alberta

55 Darryl Sydor Edmonton, Alberta

35 Nikolai Khabibulin Sverdlovsk, Russia

47 John Grahame Denver, Colorado

I dont believe in this the Stanley Cup belongs in Canada crap.

The cup deserves to be with whoever played best -- and in this case its in Tampa Bay. Just because a team played like **** and they're canadian doesn't mean they deserve it more than anyone else.

I agree, Its a load of bull

congrats to the bolts and an extra congrats to Andreychuk who won the cup after 22yrs. Did he break Bourque's record?

PS if u want to make Tampa vs Calgary into a USA vs Canada game then wait for the world's or the olympics.

No you don't need a new sig.

Thanks for the great ride Flames.

Congrats Lightning.

Lets hope there's a net season.

We will be back!

GO!FLAMES!GO! :beer: :punk:

I am going to miss flamesgirls.com though.