Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Flames 2-1 over Lightning.

Put your house down on it. I will make millionaires out of all my neowinians!

crazy game! tampa f*d up on that hand play. knocked it down right to a flame player. geez haha. richards is playing incredibly. come on hat!

lol i loved the part where a tampa did an open ice hit on a flame player causing him to flip. haha that was great. hitting is picking up in this game (Y)

dont really care who wins the cup but i want another game so GO TAMPA!

dont really care who wins the cup but i want another game so GO TAMPA!

:blink: I do! My heart won't take it! :punch:

:bounce: Come on Flames :drool:

Well the flames scored a goal and nobody even noticed it crossed the line. If they did, they'd be champions at this moment... oh well to Overtime we go!

Good game and DOT right now. Oh and yes I'm a tampa fan but I used my Tivo to instant replay this goal and I have to say that it looks to me like the flames pushed the puck into the net compared to it hitting off the skate. Gravity doesn't work the way this puck did if it wasn't pushed. So with that said the puck was a very close call of it going into the net and having it pushed into the net by the skate so they made no call. I think they did the right thing.

Good game and DOT right now. Oh and yes I'm a tampa fan but I used my Tivo to instant replay this goal and I have to say that it looks to me like the flames pushed the puck into the net compared to it hitting off the skate. Gravity doesn't work the way this puck did if it wasn't pushed. So with that said the puck was a very close call of it going into the net and having it pushed into the net by the skate so they made no call. I think they did the right thing.

i dont think there was a distinct kicking motion though. it looked like he was just stopping. even if he was trying to put the puck in with his skates, there has to be a distinct motion to not be called a goal

Well I think there was a distant motion IMO but no excuses boys. You had all of overtime and Monday to win so if you don't win don't make excuses because you had plenty of times to score. I still think that goal was pushed with the skate in a distint motion either way so thats just me. But you had 3 powerplays you didn't score on plus all game and overtime and this overtime. You have all game on Monday so if and I mean if Tampa beats the Flames that means Tampa is the better team. But this game 7 will be one hell of a game. Oh and on a side note that puck didn't look like it went into the net with my HD Tivo but on my analog Tivo it looked like it may have but still not quite sure. But I can say that with my HD Tivo I didn't go into the net. I don't know why I set this game to record but I did and saw it in the now playing list so I figured I would look. But the HD feed is clear enough that it didn't go into the net.

Edited by SeaClearly

Well I compared this with my SD DirecTivo vs my HD DirecTivo and the SD or non HD feed had an optical illusion on it and for some reason this didn't show up in the HD feed and I can say clearly that the HD feed looked very very close to just barely crossing the line while my SD feed showed it being more over than what it really was. Now I'm pretty darn sure that they have much better quality feeds and an overhead feed and I'm pretty sure they saw the same thing I did and I didn't see an overhead shot. I think that is why they said that it was so close and not sure and the fact that it could have been kicked into the net with the skate that they couldn't call that for any reason.

So do any HD Tivo or HD users on this board see this camera shot differently than the SD feed or anything else for that matter.