Dell 2001FP

The auction was taken down by the seller, stating an error in the listing. The error was stealing pictures! :devil:

I am going to do a review of another Dell LCD in the next day or so, the Dell W1700 17" Widescreen LCD TV. This thing is absolutely amazing!

After my experience buying from EBAY - Eric bunny.

I would advise save up and buy from Dell or Aria !

Just my bit...

2 screens - 1 month later only just got my refund sorted. !

Well so far ive had 5 monitors off Dell so i wouldnt recommend you get one off them, ALL of them have had dead pixels or some other form of defect and for a monitor of this spec and price even 1 dead pixel is totally unacceptable.

advice: What were your problems with the ones off Eric? I know 2 people who have bought screens off him and they havnt got a single dead pixel. I was thinking of getting my money back off Dell and getting one off him.

After my experience buying from EBAY - Eric bunny.

I would advise save up and buy from Dell or Aria !

Just my bit...

2 screens - 1 month later only just got my refund sorted. !

hi

im really interested in ur experience. please be more specific :D

i consider ordering a 2001fp of ericbunny cause i dont wanna pay

1050?uro at dell germany.

cheers

mmike

I think you can get guaranteed dead pixel free ones off eBay.co.uk.

Well, I've been reading up on it. Since Dell has a satisfaction guaranteed policy, you pretty much can keep sending it back till you get a dead pixel free lcd regardless of what they're dead pixel policy is.

I think I may be ordering one soon :)

AndyD: Yes, while their customer satisfaction policy is good, the quality of the stuff they do send out to you isnt, im on my 5th screen now and STILL getting ones with dead pixels sent out.

Ive had to exagerate the truth on a number of occasions or they wouldnt have sent me another monitor.

AndyD: Yes, while their customer satisfaction policy is good, the quality of the stuff they do send out to you isnt, im on my 5th screen now and STILL getting ones with dead pixels sent out.

Ive had to exagerate the truth on a number of occasions or they wouldnt have sent me another monitor.

So they won't send a replacement if it's due to a dead pixel? I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend almost $800 on something they may have dead pixels.

Just buy off the guy at eBay, he takes that hassle away from you, he's the one going back and forth to Dell demanding replacements. Buy off him and it's going to be brand new and guarenteed to be dead-pixel free.

And complaining that Dell are sending you TFTs with dead pixels is stupid, that's why they have dead pixel policies, as do every other manufacturer. Considering there's 1.92 million pixels it's hard to complain when you have 1 or 2 dead pixels, that's the risk you take when buying an LCD.

Yeah, I've been really lucky with Dell and their LCD's. My laptop doesn't gave ant dead pixels, it's a 15" UXGA screen for 1600x1200, got it in 2001. My Dell 17" LCD TV has no dead pixels that I can see either. However, my other LCD, the 17" screen on my iMac has a dead pixel, but its like at the bottom of the screen where I don't notice it anyhow because of the dark backgrounds I generally use on my computers.

Dead pixels are always a risk like Dazzla said. If every company would have a zero dead pixel policy, and insure the screen doesn't have any when it ships, no doubt the costs of the pannel itself would sky rocket, keeping LCD's out of range for even more people.

Just buy off the guy at eBay, he takes that hassle away from you, he's the one going back and forth to Dell demanding replacements. Buy off him and it's going to be brand new and guarenteed to be dead-pixel free.

And complaining that Dell are sending you TFTs with dead pixels is stupid, that's why they have dead pixel policies, as do every other manufacturer. Considering there's 1.92 million pixels it's hard to complain when you have 1 or 2 dead pixels, that's the risk you take when buying an LCD.

Yes, but dead pixel policy is not an excuse for companies to send out defective products hoping that the customer won't send them back for a replacement. It also causes poor satisfaction with customers who have to go through the hassle of sending back the monitor 5 or 6 times to get a good one.

Dead pixels are an inherent risk when buying LCD, that's why I usually buy them at the store, so I can check right there if there are dead pixels. The problem with Dell is that you can't really buy them at Best Buy. Having said that, I wouldn't really nit pick on one or two dead pixels on a 20" screen unless they're really noticable.

hi

im really interested in ur experience. please be more specific :D

i consider ordering a 2001fp of ericbunny cause i dont wanna pay

1050?uro at dell germany.

cheers

mmike

Before I bought from him, I phoned him to ask a few questions..

As the conversation went on he asked me to buy from HIM not via Ebay.

So I ordered direct from him and saved a couple of pounds...

The monitor arrived and had 40+ dead pixels..

I arranged a return with him @ my cost.

The second monitor arrived with dead pixels and a bad back light problem..

I contacted him again and was told to return the screen @ my cost !

As this was the second screen, I asked for a refund and was told NO REFUNDS (thats the terms on EBAY)

He offered a guarenteed screen, but I would have to wait 10 - 12 Days... So I waited.. and waited.... and you get the ide:(:(

In the end I decided the refund was the best way to go... But he doesn't give refunds..

I had to contact my local trading standards, and threaten to report him to Ebay for trading off site.. in the end I had the cost of the TFT refunded.

I was left out of pocket by about ?40.. as he advertises in UK ? but bills in USD $ I was charged by my credit card company for the transfers.. both for the original order and the refund... My card company DID refund these to me..

I was another ?30 out as I had to pay to return the screens to him... After a month he finally agreed to send me a cheque for this...

The warrenty on these screens CANNOT be transtered to the end user.. So any problems and you have to go back through him... I decided I didn't trust him or know if he'd be around for the 3 years !

Cheers

As long as you know the name of the person who ordered the screens from Dell and the order number, they will deal with you and replace the screens direct to you. A friend bought mine as he got a discount for ordering 2 at the same time and ive had no problems getting replacements, just fed up of receiving defective ones.

Just orderd mine off ebay (new sealed), Will be here tomorrow. We will see what its like!

Also dose it come with a DVI cord?

Just orderd mine off ebay (new sealed), Will be here tomorrow. We will see what its like!

Also dose it come with a DVI cord?

Yes, all Dell LCD monitors that have the DVI connection come with the cable packaged with the monitor. :)

Can anyone tell me what calendar program Dazzla is using on the bottom right of his screens? Is that rainlendar? If so, where would I be able to locate that skin?

aaronsam : Who did you order off? ericbunny or wake_me, and did you receive it without any dead pixels etc? Im just going to contact Dell tomorrow to get my money back from them and ill order one off eBay.