Dell 2001FP

It's Here, It's in my house. It's hooked up AND I"M ****ING STUCK AT WORK!!!! :angry:

I got mine a few days ago it rocks :D

could you provide us with some pictures - showin the cablemanagement?

thanks in advance

mmike :D

Hi Everyone,

I just got my 2001fp yesterday and have it up and running. It was displaying beautifully until...I changed my wallpaper. I went to the sony spider-man site and applied the spider-man wallpaper with the bright orange background... click here to see the wallpaper ----> spidey wallpaper

Once this was applied, a vertical line of red pixels began to flash vertically along the left side of my monitor, about an inch in. This is really annoying. It's odd because the line of vertical flashing pixels only appears when I have bright reddish/orange images on the screen.

I'm utilizing DVI and have updated the video card and monitor drivers. The problem still remains.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how I may arrive at a resolution? Or could this monitor be defective?

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Have a look in the advanced options for your display drivers. There should be an option for "Alternate DVI operation mode" or "Reduce DVI frequency on High Resolution displays" Both of these are under the Options tab in the ATi drivers, im not sure where that would be on nVidia drivers but they should still have the option.

Enabling those should fix your problem. I have a few million green and red pixels flashing all over my screen when i first got it, enabling those fixed it for me.

After 2 weeks of having this monitor. I"m still so much in love with it. :)

Make sure you have a really fast CPU/Processor if you play games. 16x12 is hard to process. :D

Make sure you have a really fast CPU/Processor if you play games. 16x12 is hard to process. :D

HAHAHA so true! :p can't wait for my new card heh, and yes I must say after 4 days of having this baby, it rox my world!

Nice Monitor, but will stay with a CRT from Dell. Having multiple resolutions is great. (gotten used to it) Would go crazy at the fuzzy LCD when run on something besides the default Resolution.

The only plus i think LCD's have, is that they take up less space.

But having an LCD an my main monitor is just not acceptable.

Hell even if i would not play games, watching TV on it at a lower resolution is FUZZ heaven. Plus would'nt buy any LCD that cant support HD resolution of 1920 at least. All high end CRT monitors do.

--------

But as far as LCD's go, i would buy this very one, has a Goog Price/Features.

The 2001FP has a UXGA screen which means it does not look bad at all at 12x10 or even 10x7. It's also good for 720p, which I think is better then 1080i because of interlacing.

Nice Monitor, but will stay with a CRT from Dell. Having multiple resolutions is great. (gotten used to it) Would go crazy at the fuzzy LCD when run on something besides the default Resolution.

The only plus i think LCD's have, is that they take up less space.

But having an LCD an my main monitor is just not acceptable.

Hell even if i would not play games, watching TV on it at a lower resolution is FUZZ heaven. Plus would'nt buy any LCD that cant support HD resolution of 1920 at least. All high end CRT monitors do.

--------

But as far as LCD's go, i would buy this very one, has a Goog Price/Features.

Obviously an LCD is not for you. But they do have their advantages.

First, they can be easier on the eyes for some people, refresh rates and such,

They consume MUCH less power.

They weigh MUCH less. Very important for a LAN gamer.

And you can't forget the fact that a good LCD has a "cool factor" that a CRT will never have ;)

Obviously an LCD is not for you. But they do have their advantages.

First, they can be easier on the eyes for some people, refresh rates and such,

They consume MUCH less power.

They weigh MUCH less. Very important for a LAN gamer.

And you can't forget the fact that a good LCD has a "cool factor" that a CRT will never have ;)

I'm like that other guy. LCD's just ain't my thing. But if I were to get one, I think this one may be one of the very best to get. 4:3 ratio, true 24 bit color, and cool factor. They are mega spendy though, and don't color match and game as good as CRT's do, it would seem. I think I'd rather buy a 21" or 22" monitor that can do 2048x1536 at 75hz for half the price of this LCD that does 1600x1200 in the same space. Still, nice piece of work, it is. :)

I'm soooo getting me one of those later this year

maybe two

who knows

My dad got one this morning, tis the hawtness

Edited by Tarffie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like my 1703fp (13ms response) :ninja:

MMike6, we have similar setups minus the 2001fp, same mouse, keyboard, mousepad, glass desk, dell monitor...

Hiya Dazzla,

Im new to the forum and i love your setup, was planning to get a 172x but *drool* 2001FP looks amazing. *kudos*

Im already enquiring about getting one here in my country.

That being said. I notice your XP theme, it's like apple OS and there's this Calender on the lower right hand side of your screen.(me like that)

May i ask where i can get it? Is it a theme or is that really Apple OS?? lol :)

Sorry me is noob :)

Will post my 2001FP as soon as i get it :)

Thanks for Sharing.

My parents just got a 2001fp. It has one dead pixel that goes away when you don't have one solid color on the entire screen so it doesn't really matter. It's a good monitor, but its pixel interpolation (I think that's how you spell it) is horrid.