Gmail Invite

its good. havent really experimented with features really. i suppose im abusing the priviledge of having a beta account, i barely use it. :$ :p

one cool feature is that email "conversations" (where you just reply and reply and reply etc...) actually sppear like conversations with collapsable msgs so you just see the first email and the last email... good feature. (Y)

One annoying thing is that you have to log in every time you close browser, no cookies (yet, im hoping this is just a beta thing) :( (N)

also, if you sign up with "joebloggs@gmail.com" emails addressed to the following addresses will also make their way to your inbox:

joe.bloggs@gmail.com

j..o.eblo......g..gs@gmail.com

joebloggs+isthebest@gmail.com

joeblogss+is.the.best@gmail.com

j.....oeb..lo...g...s+is..the.be.st@gmail.com

joebloggs+spam.in.here@gmail.com

also, an extremely powerful feature. (Y)

and then theres the matter of having 1,000 megabytes of storage (Y)(Y)(Y)

Oh yeah...and it's disgustingly fast. Horribly. A lot of features are run by javascript but even so, i have no idea how it is quite so fast!!

What's the big deal about Gmail? Can't you guys just wait until it's public?

I mean, sheeh, I have 5 email boxes so why would I need another?

For me, anyway, I'd like to start running the spam through it so I can use the power of Google's search to better analyze for the false positives. The email programs I have used all seem to bog down when a serious amount of messages gets involved (we've received over 50,000 emails this month alone). Sure, I can wait until it goes public and get it like everybody else and if nobody sends me an invite, then that is how it will go. I'm not planning on paying anybody for it though, it's not that important.