Uxtheme installation under Windows XP/2003

i tryd this but upon rebooting when i logged on it gave me an error message about uxtheme.dll not being a good copy or somethin like that, luckily, through the task manager i was able to change it back to the regular uxtheme.dll. I am very weary about trying it again. Could somebody give me instructions about waht i did wrong and how to fix it. Thnx in advance.

-frogger

i tryd this but upon rebooting when i logged on it gave me an error message about uxtheme.dll not being a good copy or somethin like that, luckily, through the task manager i was able to change it back to the regular uxtheme.dll.  I am very weary about trying it again. Could somebody give me instructions about waht i did wrong and how to fix it.  Thnx in advance.

-frogger

584945315[/snapback]

just use the neowin pathcer. Link on the fron't page of the form sorry for spelling tried

i have done this patch already.. but when i choose the appearance theme i wanted.. an error window pop up appeared "the visual styles could not be loaded because the file failed to load."

how do i solve this problem? i tried 2 themes (metallic shade and codeopus).. didnt work at all..

did you get the right uxtheme.dll file??

585001335[/snapback]

i have attached a pic of my winver.. i downloaded 5.1.2600.1100.rar, not sure if its right..

after installing that... i run replacer.. copied the original uxtheme from windows then replace it with the 1 i downloaded..

pls advise.

TIA.

post-51999-1101645401.jpg

I'd hate to sound like a complete beginner at this, but I'm lost with which .dll I have to get. I thought I had gotten the right one, but I get the error message the one guy was getting.

Here's my windows info:

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325 : Service Pack 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

yes, english, french etc.

i'm just curious because i haven't seen sp2_gdr before.

585007278[/snapback]

All I know is I got the XP cd from my compter teacher back when I was in my senior year. I speak english, I am from Pennsylvania. I can update it and everything, just not register. It is XP Professional, if that helps.

got all the latest updates installed ( sp2 final that is)? because i can't really tell the version from that sp2_gdr. i'm googling for it atm.

got all the latest updates instaleld (even sp2)? because i can't really tel lthe version from that sp2_gdr. i'm googling for it atm.

585007317[/snapback]

Thats the thing, I tried SP2 when it had come out, but I had to re-install XP because it literally had my computer acting like it was a 233mHz processor. So no, I don't have it. I was hoping not to ever have it again.

I have every possible update, excluding SP2, on this machine.

so you have sp1? or just xp w/o any updates?

edit: i now know that gdr means General Distribution Releases.

585007326[/snapback]

Yes, I have SP1 and everything else. All 30 or 40 of them.

I used the patching utility for uxtheme from windowsX, works fine.

:yes:

585007341[/snapback]

It isn't the pather, that worked great, I just don't know what .dll I was supposed to get. I didn't read into them to well.

• 2 weeks later...