Semi-Offical OS X Tiger Chat

I assume you just copied Safari.app over?

Parts of Safari are built into OS X, such as webkit, and if the problem lies there then you could use as many different versions of Safari as you like, but it just isn't going to work. I wouldn't bother to try to solve the problem at the moment. Wait for a later build of Tiger. It's nice, but quite buggy and obviously an immature build - things like this were bound to crop up.

Well not copied it, but launched the one in the applications folder of my panther partition.

Anyway i'm not too much worried :), it only seems strange to me, because everyone here seems to posts fine from Tiger.

I plugged in my iPod mini via Firewire and erased it, and Tiger install says I cannot install OS X to that volume because I can't boot from it... any idea how to fix that?

The bug is that every song is being displayed twice? I don't use Tiger so I'm just guess... :D

Actually, it looks like Everywhere is selected and I assume the music library was copied over to the Tiger drive/partition.

I think the bug is the sidebar. It's all brushed metal.

Can the 3D video conference interface go full screen in Tiger?

If a person had 4 monitors, could each person's video feed take up an entire monitor? That would be pretty cool...

Can the 3D video conference interface go full screen in Tiger?

If a person had 4 monitors, could each person's video feed take up an entire monitor? That would be pretty cool...

no, not yet at least. But even with h.264 the quality would suck.

• 9 months later...

Right, so I'm new here and need some help.

I want to install Tiger, but apparantly, like you guys said, it won't let me install on my HD that has Panther. I have an iPod, but I don't want to boot from that, nor do I want to have Tiger and Panther on the same computer.

Is it possible to install Tiger, but get rid of Panther? I don't want to lose my files.

Sure, there's an option called 'Archive and Install'. Basically this installs a new system, but maintains the user directory, so you don't lose your files. You can also check a box which will keep some system settings (such as network config too) - although I probably wouldn't recommend that. This is the safest way to do the process without backing up your data. Could you not backup your home directory to your iPod and format though?

Anyhow, hope that helps...

Quote from Apple:

Archive and Install: This option saves your existing system files in a special archive, then installs Tiger. You can choose to automatically import your user information and settings into Tiger so you don?t have to reconfigure your printers, Mail and other applications.

Source: http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/

Same here, I was wondering why the Tiger images were a little strange (first post). Where's the dashboard icon in the dock? :p

585859654[/snapback]

It wasn't in the WWDC build.

I think the icons in Mail.app looked better in this build then the final.