what will be the final name of Longhorn?

Windows .Net XP2 Reloaded

lol

I remember reading an article last year about all of the Windows names creating a lot of confusion. 98,Me,2000,XP,.NET,2003.. to the average user they have no clue which were home based, and the order they were released in.

I think using the year might be best, even though I'm not huge fan of it

Windows 2006 Professional

Windows Server 2007

maybe Windows XP2 ?

they should have left win2k as Windows NT5, and longhorn as Windows NT6 like it really is

by the way, i've been checking out neowin for months to see diff articles.. this if first time i've been un-lazy enough to reply, lol

Longhorn sounds better than most suggested here IMO......but I guess it would be good if they continued with the dates instead of XP, ME, NT, etc.

Plus, it will be easier to remember back when Microsoft rule the world in the future and Bill Gates is still alive in the year 3040, cryogenically preserved with an exact replica of him controlling the company (and therefore the world). That way, our great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchilderen won't have to say "Guess what, Windows TJNGJDBG is out!"

Sure, that took things a bit far but you gotta think of in the long run. :D

LOL.

Seriously - I would really prefer if it would be called Windows Longhorn or LH

What I like...

Windows XP: Second Edition

Windows Client <INSERT YEAR>

Microsoft Windows <INSERT YEAR>

Other stuff...

Windows PC <INSERT YEAR>

Windows EX or EXP (Enhanced eXperience)

why do codenames sound better than the released name? o ya Windows LH or LongHorn like everyone knows it by sounds good well at least the people interested in pcs :)

Microsoft Windows System 6

Its what I'd like :).

i think windows system 2006 sounds better

but i believe that they won't go for that since they're aiming for a BIG visual impact in the user experience :)

Windows UX sounds good

Windows POS ?

Windows FF (Finally Fixed)

I think you have to consider the possibility that it may not even be called Windows. Microsoft's lawsuit against Lindows.com has caused the judge to call into question whether the Windows trademark is valid. So far it doesn't look good for MS.

Windows GX (Generation X)

The whole genX garbage was a marketing term created by advertisers. Besides it's tired. It got to be retarded when they tried to brand the newest generation, "Genaration Y".

Windows 2. This time, it's not Windows 1.

How about just 'Windows'.

Or ..since it's supposed to be more secure...

'Tinted Windows'.

Maybe Windex?