Doom III is out there! W00T!

man that game would run like so much ass on my comp :( stupid amd xp 2000 and a geforce 5600 ultra

get a new system, and stop blaming your old hardware.

You should be able to run Doom3 just fine, playable, and enjoyable.

Ultimately, I would like to thank Id Software and John Carmack for Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Wolf 3D and Quake I/II/III Arena and more :)

go id!!!

one of the best game companys ever

i cant wait for the official launch of doom 3 in my country (happening this 7th Aug), they'll give out some free Doom 3 tshirts (and Doom 3 if i'm lucky) w00t!!

Does anyone have any links to any good screenshots (official or unofficial) of this game? I've seen a fair few and I have not really been impressed, so I am assuming/ hoping that all the screenshots I have seen have been from rather bad computers.

I know that graphics do not matter as much as gameplay, but with all this fusss about how this game will have arguably the best graphics for any game at this time, I'd like to see what all the fuss is about and see a screenshot that actually does this game justice.

if you seriously think that you are either stupid or blind

so which one is it?

I think I may be both, actually, but I was being sarcastic. The game looks absolutely brilliant.

I assumed you guys would be able to tell I was joking...

Is there any way in the world that this game could be put down?

Does anyone have any links to any good screenshots (official or unofficial) of this game? I've seen a fair few and I have not really been impressed, so I am assuming/ hoping that all the screenshots I have seen have been from rather bad computers.

I know that graphics do not matter as much as gameplay, but with all this fusss about how this game will have arguably the best graphics for any game at this time, I'd like to see what all the fuss is about and see a screenshot that actually does this game justice.

Looks like Half-Life calibre graphics from those shots.

AminoSC

Picked up the game at a local Best Buy here. They had about 30 copies out on the shelf when I was there this morning. Little bit of a "whoops" i'd say

i dont play games at less than 1600x1200 lol any res under is lame :p

guess i gotta upgrade finally

with your hardware config and your statement I quoted you are hereby deemed a moron

kthnks bye :D

Picked mine up

Fredrick, MD Best Buy

whole display is up front near the regesters once you enter the door

Picked mine up

Fredrick, MD Best Buy

whole display is up front near the regesters once you enter the door

Post some screens yo!

^^ you have to be fcking kidding!!!!! there are a bunch of threads on the same question and they have posted the minimum specs use the FCKING Search button dude!

Post some screens yo!

i will when i get home, work let me take a short trip to best buy to get it.

but i will post screens when i get home

i will when i get home, work let me take a short trip to best buy to get it.

but i will post screens when i get home

Thanks brother! :)

Shame id aren't still doing shareware first episode downloads! I've got it on pre-order with Amazon, but I'm in the UK, so it's a week until it's released and then the time for Amazon to ship it...damn, looks like i'll be hanging out on supernova and irc for the next few days!